Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Xi You Ji - Journey to the West (Zhang Ji Zhong 2009/2010 version)

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura View Post
    Also, there's rumors that Xiao Qiang is anticipating to be on a vegetarian diet just to play the goddess of mercy Guan Yin. Fan Bing Bing is now rumored to play the White Skeleton Demoness (Bai Gu Jing) while Liu Yi Fei will play the most beautiful goddess in heaven, the moon goddess Heng-O. There's a strong speculation that Huang Xiao Ming will play the Tang Monk with Zhang Ji Zhong supposedly saying that there's a really good chance of this being true.
    Xiao Qiang's on a diet? For what? She's already skinny enough to play the part, probably a little too skinny IMHO. If LYF's going to be part of this, I'd rather see her as Heng-O (where she suits better) instead of Guan Yin (where she could possibly destroy the character's image). As for HXM, man, he's rumor to cast in almost every ZJZ's upcoming projects! There's other talented good looking artists that needs fame out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    who is xiao qiang?
    Xiao Qiang

Not to sound anal but its really tiresome to see multiple threads of the same topic popping up here and there.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17530
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=19841

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura View Post
    Further news on this project is that sometime in April, Zhang Ji Zhong made a trip to the U.S to meet up with the "Jurassic Park", "Planet of the Apes", etc Producers to sit down and talk about a possible collaboration on his new project Journey to the West (Xi You Ji). The hollywood producers are very anxious and showed significant interests about working with him because many feel a strong attraction to Eastern folklore.

Also, there's rumors that Xiao Qiang is anticipating to be on a vegetarian diet just to play the goddess of mercy Guan Yin. Fan Bing Bing is now rumored to play the White Skeleton Demoness (Bai Gu Jing) while Liu Yi Fei will play the most beautiful goddess in heaven, the moon goddess Heng-O. There's a strong speculation that Huang Xiao Ming will play the Tang Monk with Zhang Ji Zhong supposedly saying that there's a really good chance of this being true.
    I though he supposedly met up with the producers of "Lord of the Rings"? Anyhow, I dont know whether the hollywood collaboration thing is true or not (I seriously doubt so since this is a series, not a movie and there has already been a JTTW type story movie by Jackie/Jet Li recently) but the rumours about Xiao Qiang, FBB and LYF being cast is untrue. ZJZ himself denied the rumours and told reporters that he hasn't even been able to finalize filming procedures, let alone decide about the cast. Anyway, ZJZ has earlier said that he has run into some problems and hence will be unable to film JTTW this year. Instead, he would most probably start on HSDS first in September and work on JTTW next year.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 05-04-08 at 09:05 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

i'm not considering Jackie/Jet Li as JJTW type of movie and just hope ZJZ JJTW good as than TVB version.

This is interesting. I just saw Forbidden Kingdom (the film with Jackie Chan and Jet Li and Liu Yifei) a couple of weeks ago. Jet Li makes a really good Sun Wukong.

But I'd love to see a nice television dramatization of the story with modern special effects. I don't see why HXM couldn't play Tripitaka; can't a monk be handsome? He'd make a good Monkey King, too, though. He's good at being comical, at least from watching his performance in ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    This is interesting. I just saw Forbidden Kingdom (the film with Jackie Chan and Jet Li and Liu Yifei) a couple of weeks ago. Jet Li makes a really good Sun Wukong.

But I'd love to see a nice television dramatization of the story with modern special effects. I don't see why HXM couldn't play Tripitaka; can't a monk be handsome? He'd make a good Monkey King, too, though. He's good at being comical, at least from watching his performance in ROCH.
    i saw forbidden kingdom too! both me and my friend liked it (we're both chinese, if that has anything to do with it ). i actually liked it a lot

Wanna ask about something....
    You Know this series "Da Tang You Xia Zhuan" directed by ZJZ.
    did the series had come out? this series look Good!
    in Love With :
    Ady An, Han Xue, Li Bing Bing, Zhang Ting, Yang Mi
    Currently Watching "Chinese Paladin 3"

Quote Originally Posted by vivi_g View Post
    Xiao Qiang's on a diet? For what? She's already skinny enough to play the part, probably a little too skinny IMHO.

If she is going to be playing the Goddess of Mercy, she needs to go on a vegan diet and this is for religious purposes, not to lose the extra pounds (doubt she has any. So very skinny she is) for the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by mellon View Post
    If she is going to be playing the Goddess of Mercy, she needs to go on a vegan diet and this is for religious purposes, not to lose the extra pounds (doubt she has any. So very skinny she is) for the camera.
    I'm not familiar with the actress in question. But I can't imagine anybody worse for playing Guanyin than what we got stuck with here in the US a few years ago. They did a tv series in 2001 called The Lost Empire with Bai Ling as the Goddess of Mercy.

But I love the Monkey King, so if this series happens I'll be excited about it, no matter who is in it.

i saw forbidden kingdom too! both me and my friend liked it (we're both chinese, if that has anything to do with it ). i actually liked it a lot
    I also saw this and I think it would be a lot better if the whole movie was in Mandarin with English subtitles.
    With their bad English from the actors, it gave me too many goose bumps while trying to comprehend their speech.
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -BH

Quote Originally Posted by gqonmars2 View Post
    I also saw this and I think it would be a lot better if the whole movie was in Mandarin with English subtitles.
    With their bad English from the actors, it gave me too many goose bumps while trying to comprehend their speech.
    I didn't mind Jackie and Jet's English - I don't expect them to speak perfect English. I was surprised how good Liu Yi Fei's English was, though. I didn't know when I saw it that she'd lived in the US for a while.

But it would be fun to watch the whole thing in Mandarin. I'm thinking of buying a Chinese copy so I can hear the Mandarin language track, since the US release probably won't offer it with a Chinese language track.

The English in that movie can't be any worse than the 1970s Japanese tv series of Monkey King that I have on DVD - it's all horribly dubbed in English by some British people, with an awful disco song for the title music. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    The English in that movie can't be any worse than the 1970s Japanese tv series of Monkey King that I have on DVD - it's all horribly dubbed in English by some British people, with an awful disco song for the title music. lol
    I totally agree with you sniffles.

Yifei Liu's english was not bad, but on some scenes I still can hear some accent. But she looked a lot better as Xiaolongnü.

I'm looking forward to this series, but it'll be hard to top off some of the older remakes of JJTW.
    I also hope the cast is a strong cast but since it's ZJZ I guess it won't be too bad.

Yeah, prefer LYF as Chang-e than Guanyin!!
    HXM as Tang Sanzang, well TSZ is supposed to be handsome and kind looking like in the drama with Dicky and Twins. So, Okay.
    Curious who Sun Wukong will be by.
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Quote Originally Posted by XWingSuki View Post
    Yeah, prefer LYF as Chang-e than Guanyin!!
    HXM as Tang Sanzang, well TSZ is supposed to be handsome and kind looking like in the drama with Dicky and Twins. So, Okay.
    Curious who Sun Wukong will be by.
    isnt this just a rumored cast though? it hasnt been confirmed, has it?

I don't think LYF would make a good Guanyin because she's too innocent and she doesn't that "powerful" look, which Guanyin is supposed to have.
    I think HXM might make a good Tang Sanzang, but not a good Sun Wukong.
    I wonder who'll play the pig.

arghh, HXM is handsome and all.... but please! Not him again. HE is always chosen first by ZJZ
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by ninavue View Post
    I don't think LYF would make a good Guanyin because she's too innocent and she doesn't that "powerful" look, which Guanyin is supposed to have.
    I think HXM might make a good Tang Sanzang, but not a good Sun Wukong.
    I wonder who'll play the pig.
    Hopefully whoever it is won't be stuck wearing a hideous fake fat belly.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    arghh, HXM is handsome and all.... but please! Not him again. HE is always chosen first by ZJZ
    Sugar, I agree with you; I don't know if I can take another series from this guy. I just watched Duke of the Mount Deer and Divine Eagle, Gallant Knight;

Just about had it with this guy. His faces and acting is getting to me.

How about the guy from "Sword Stained With Royal Blood"????

Quote Originally Posted by gqonmars2 View Post
    Sugar, I agree with you; I don't know if I can take another series from this guy. I just watched Duke of the Mount Deer and Divine Eagle, Gallant Knight;

Just about had it with this guy. His faces and acting is getting to me.

How about the guy from "Sword Stained With Royal Blood"????
    dou zhi kong? hes pretty good, but what role could he play? i think he works better as zhang wu ji in HSDS

dou zhi kong? hes pretty good, but what role could he play? i think he works better as zhang wu ji in HSDS
    I think dou zhi kong is good-looking but probably not bald, nor fat, nor old.
    I agree with you Chik, he'd make a better zhang wu ji.