Page 5 of 169 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound of the Desert 《风中奇缘》 - Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Eddie Peng

What's Elephant Hill? Are they like TMZ?

I wonder if they decided to hire an older, more professional actor due to the success of Wu Qilong in BBJX. Maybe they got Alex Su or Jimmy Lin. =) Too much wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    First of all I think Elephant Hill should be responsible for its false announcement of Wallace being in DYM. Now it seems from this post that it blamed it all on him for delaying the project! What a wanker! Obviously Karen didn't sign any contract with Wallace when the announcement was made. In addition, the post made by Elephant Hill was on the following day after the discussions of Wallace playing LHC were spread out in Tainya forum.
    Seriously they announced that Wallace Huo will be in DMY without Wallace signing the contract with them, and now they are blaming Wallace for the delay of the filming, this is so unfair and stupid. You know perfectly well that your delay got nothing to do with Wallace whatsoever. They just need find somebody to blame their mistake.

Next time Elephant Hill please do not open your big mouth before confirming with that actors and actresses or else you are making the biggest joke yourself.
    These kind of things happen all the time (to alot of stars, not just Wallace), no point in getting yourselves worked up and angry about it. I remembered you guys said you would hate Wallace if he accepted a role in DMY....now is that really a trait of a die hard fan? Sometimes I think it's fans who cause most of the commotions, make and take things out of contents when they can easily let it go. Sorry if I offended anyone

This is my take on the situation, and correct me if the information was incorrect.

In short, Wallace and Karen (Tangren) did talk about him being in DMY and he agreed to do it. Since they have such a good relationship, it was more of a verbal contract, and not the official paper contract. This information obvious got leaked (thus the weibos and online News). Yu Zheng then contacted Wallace for the role in SOD (YZ said himself that he didn't know Wallace was already committed right?). Wallace expressed his interest in that role, and Karen have no choice but to let him go. Reading that post, I don't see or take it as a "blame" Wallace, but the truth still remains that production was delayed because they have to find a replacement for that role.

Anyways, I hope it's Wallace Chung. LSS (assuming she is in it) once mentioned he was her idol (when Karen was trying to get him to be 4th prince in BBJX). Also, he and Hu Ge look like they will be great together on the set (if you saw their interactions on award shows), two hilarious grown boys...LOL
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 02-12-12 at 02:32 PM.

I just finished reading the novel, can't wait to know who they cast for all the main characters. Ahhh it's going to be a long wait for the drama to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    These kind of things happen all the time (to alot of stars, not just Wallace), no point in getting yourselves worked up and angry about it. I remembered you guys said you would hate Wallace if he accepted a role in DMY....now is that really a trait of a die hard fan? Sometimes I think it's fans who cause most of the commotions, make and take things out of contents when they can easily let it go. Sorry if I offended anyone

This is my take on the situation, and correct me if the information was incorrect.

In short, Wallace and Karen (Tangren) did talk about him being in DMY and he agreed to do it. Since they have such a good relationship, it was more of a verbal contract, and not the official paper contract. This information obvious got leaked (thus the weibos and online News). Yu Zheng then contacted Wallace for the role in SOD (YZ said himself that he didn't know Wallace was already committed right?). Wallace expressed his interest in that role, and Karen have no choice but to let him go. Reading that post, I don't see or take it as a "blame" Wallace, but the truth still remains that production was delayed because they have to find a replacement for that role.

Anyways, I hope it's Wallace Chung. LSS (assuming she is in it) once mentioned he was her idol (when Karen was trying to get him to be 4th prince in BBJX). Also, he and Hu Ge look like they will be great together on the set (if you saw their interactions on award shows), two hilarious grown boys...LOL
    That's because we were misled by the news released by EH. The day before we heard news that Wallace would play LHC. The next day EH said he would turn up for DMY. There was a hope and then EH took the hope away from us by making the announcement. It was like taking the most precious gift away from you. I'm not saying that DMY is not good, but it just made no sense to give up a no. 1 lead for a no. 2 role. DMY might turn out having a better rating than SOD because it's a TR production, but we're so looking forward to seeing Wallace in a wuxia series, particularly a JY one.

It could be Wallace Chung that they are trying to get to play MJ. But my understanding WC wants to put more focus on his singing career, which has been going very well. Tickets were sold out for his China concert tour. But WC might want to give it a go since he missed BBJX.
    Last edited by tobeme; 02-13-12 at 01:57 AM.

Anyone been to Ms Koala playground thread yet... she just update the translation of MDY to chapter 6 already.... boy is the book good.. can't wait till the drama coming out..
    since reading the book.. I have to say that LSS will make a good Jin Yu.. having see her as San Naing in Strange Hero.. she is just the perfect Jin Yu... fun and lively and have a touch of innocence....
    Can't Can't wait for MDY drama to come out...

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    What's Elephant Hill? Are they like TMZ?

I wonder if they decided to hire an older, more professional actor due to the success of Wu Qilong in BBJX. Maybe they got Alex Su or Jimmy Lin. =) Too much wishful thinking?
    Elephant Hill is the literal translation of "XiangShan" Filming Studios. I actually cannot see either of them as Jiu Ye. Maybe I've been influenced by the characters they used to play years ago.

Personal preferences, in no particular order for Jiu Ye: Raymond Lam, Qiao Zhen Yu, Wallace Chung, Wallace Huo (already out), Chen Si Cheng.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    Personal preferences, in no particular order for Jiu Ye: Raymond Lam, Qiao Zhen Yu, Wallace Chung, Wallace Huo (already out), Chen Si Cheng.
    I can only see Qiao Zhen Yu and Chen Si Cheng considering the Jiu Ye role. Raymond Lam and Wallace Chung are at a stage of their careers where they won't play Guy 2 roles anymore, unless it's Guy 2 in an international movie (e.g. The Sorcerer and the White Snake where Raymond Lam was Guy 2 to Jet Li). Even Chen Si Cheng is now playing predominantly Guy 1 roles.

I think Qiao Zhen Yu would be awesome. Or Luo Jin - but Luo Jin isn't exactly a "shi li pai" actor.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I can only see Qiao Zhen Yu and Chen Si Cheng considering the Jiu Ye role. Raymond Lam and Wallace Chung are at a stage of their careers where they won't play Guy 2 roles anymore, unless it's Guy 2 in an international movie (e.g. The Sorcerer and the White Snake where Raymond Lam was Guy 2 to Jet Li). Even Chen Si Cheng is now playing predominantly Guy 1 roles.

I think Qiao Zhen Yu would be awesome. Or Luo Jin - but Luo Jin isn't exactly a "shi li pai" actor.
    I think Qiao Zhen Yu is an ideal person as well as he has the look and charisma of Meng Jiu. But He has already started shooting for a drama 《画皮之真爱无悔》invested by Ruby Studio.

how about that Mongolian Prince in BBJX... he look hot...

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    I think Qiao Zhen Yu is an ideal person as well as he has the look and charisma of Meng Jiu. But He has already started shooting for a drama 《画皮之真爱无悔》invested by Ruby Studio.

Now that I think about it, I think Ariel Lin would also be a good Jin Yu

*ShiGe shippers, don't hate me
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    Now that I think about it, I think Ariel Lin would also be a good Jin Yu

*ShiGe shippers, don't hate me
    I agree. She's not beautiful but she's got spunk and charisma but LSS is too hot right now and she's TR's own so she'll get the part for sure.

Back to Jiu Ye, how about Sammul Chan from Mei Ren Xin Ji? I agree that Chen Si Cheng fits the part as well.

Also, any word on who is going to play Li Yan (2nd female role)? I think Tong Liya would fit that role perfectly. She looked awful in Gong but when she played Zhao Fei Yan, she was drop dead gorgeous:

Last edited by Vienne94; 02-13-12 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atsu-chan View Post
    Also, C-luv-H, as for spoilers, how about this...
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Jin Yu decides to return to the wolf pack after being rejected by Meng Jiu and runs away, leaving a letter for HQB at his estate. His servants deliver it immediately to him and he rushes off in a rage saying that chasing after thousands of Xiong Nu people wasn't hard for him, so chasing after one JY won't be hard for him. There is no such thing as giving up in his book and HQB was going to win her. JY traveled with a caravan into the desert. At this time, Meng Jiu's men were looking for her as well, tracking down every caravan that had left the city. When they reached a rest stop, JY decides to wash up for the next day's journey, but HQB barges in as she's bathing. She argues with him about seeing her in her undressed state and all he wants to do is to whisk her away, so she calls for help saying there's a thief. HQB proceeds to wrap her in a towel and steal out the window with her over his shoulder. He puts her on his horse where he takes her off to the army and dresses her like a man, and they share the same tent until they return to the capital many months later. And inevitably, stuff happens and she agrees to marry him. One of my favorite parts of the book is when they attack Xiong Nu and our adorable HQB/JY couple decides to masquerade into the Xiong Nu camps after the battle for a little fun and meet up with JY's long-time nemesis, Yi Zhi Xie. There's an arrow shooting competition, an almost death, a flight for their life, and JY's sudden and deep realization that she loves HQB. If you want to hear about that too, I can give you a quick summary I don't know if that would belong in the novel spoiler thread though
    OMG Thanks Big Time @atsu-chan...... HQB is too cute, I can feel the sizzle hotness of the OTP (Hu Ge & LSS)... oh yes give me the summary, I like spoiler even though it won't be as much fun when u watch it but it still surprises me specially when u get to watch HQB (Hu Ge I hope) sizzling on-screen live in front of u instead of imagining when reading...

@atsu-chan yes please give us more spoilers. I've been waiting for english translations, but it's not all out yet and the drama seems to not be airing anytime soon. thanks a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by C-luv-H View Post
    OMG Thanks Big Time @atsu-chan...... HQB is too cute, I can feel the sizzle hotness of the OTP (Hu Ge & LSS)... oh yes give me the summary, I like spoiler even though it won't be as much fun when u watch it but it still surprises me specially when u get to watch HQB (Hu Ge I hope) sizzling on-screen live in front of u instead of imagining when reading...
    Koala's Playground blog is translating/summarizing DMY in English:
    http://koalasplayground.com/2012/02/...ound-identity/
    I ship Shi-Harem

Koala's Playground blog is translating/summarizing DMY in English:
    http://koalasplayground.com/2012/02/...ound-identity/
    YES!! Ms. Koala is beyond amazing and summarizing chapter by chapter of DMY!! Everyone should read it!

For those of you who can understand Chinese but can't read it and would like an audiobook version of this novel, check out:
    http://www.cxt8.com/static/chapter_1733/

And for those who would rather be spoiled, I can skip ahead and give you a few spoilers towards the middle of the novel.
    HQB sneaks JY into his camp and she stays in his tent as young man. He doesn't take her off to battle and leaves her to learn horseback riding with Li Cheng, a young boy who hates the Xiong Nu people. HQB rides off to battles alone and leaves her in the training camps, and he's always very openly loving with JY, which leads poor Li Cheng to think that their great general and JY are gay.

There's one time when JY leaves camp with the troops for a big battle with the Xiong Nu people but they were being tracked by a vulture flying in the sky. During her stay in Chang'an, Jiu Ye had given JY two messenger pigeons named Xiao Qian and Xiao Tao, to help them pass letters and messages. JY brought them with her when she fled the capital but she decides to use them as bait to kill the vulture. Xiao Tao is daring but is trapped by the vulture, leading Xiao Qian to sacrifice her life to save her companion. Xiao Tao commits suicide after the death of Xiao Qian, leaving JY alone. Even though they successfully destroyed the vulture, JY was inconsolable that her last link to Jiu Ye was gone and she got dead drunk that night in the camp. HQB accompanied her in her crazed drinking and asks her to marry him. He says, (I'm paraphrasing here) "Meng Jiu is a good man, but I'm not bad myself. And I will take care of you," he laughs, "I'm drunk. Only a drunk people can say such words. But in my heart, it's very clear. Right now, I'm in front of your eyes, I will not allow you to think of another." And they end up sleeping together. HQB is conscience stricken the next morning and asks JY to marry him and she agrees. From that point on, he takes up the adorable habit of calling her "wife," "honey," or any wifey kind of variant in public.

JY takes HQB to visit her dad's grave but they chance upon Yi Zhi Xie, the king of Xiong Nu, also at the grave. After he leaves, HQB begins to understand JY's background and swears to her dead father that he will take good care of her. They masquerade as regular Han people and "vacation" in the town they had newly won over with blood. They are in a restaurant type place when a brawl begins with a Han and a Xiong Nu man about Han men are weak and never keep their word. The fight escalates to the point that a disguised HQB becomes a competitor against the disguised king of Xiong Nu, Yi Zhi Xie. JY is nervous when she sees him, but she's veiled and he doesn't recognize her.

They compete and HQB ends up shooting one less arrow than Yi Zhi Xie, which meant that according to their gamble, he would lose his life. JY is filled with horror that she would lose him and realizes that she loves him. She laments that she would lose him just as she begins to love him. However, Yi Zhi Xie stops him at the last minute, revealing that one of his servants replaced one of HQB's arrows with one of Yi Zhi Xie's arrows, which meant that HQB was the real winner. He gifts them with two horses and sends them on their way. They ride out a few yards when they are spotted by a traitor Han general who reports to Yi Zhi Xie that the man was actually HQB. Yi Zhi Xie mounts his horses and rides off in hot pursuit of HQB and JY.

I have to run now, but TBC tomorrow hope you guys like it. Remember to read Ms. Koala's real version on her website!! Mine is just the rough summary of the good stuff to help you guys hold out until she gets there in the novel!
    Last edited by atsu-chan; 02-14-12 at 12:57 AM.

I agree. She's not beautiful but she's got spunk and charisma but LSS is too hot right now and she's TR's own so she'll get the part for sure.
    Oh definitely. Besides the last thing I read, Ariel Lin said she won't be taking any TV series project anymore.

Also, any word on who is going to play Li Yan (2nd female role)? I think Tong Liya would fit that role perfectly. She looked awful in Gong but when she played Zhao Fei Yan, she was drop dead gorgeous
    When I read the novel, I did imagine Tong LiYa playing Li Yan. But maybe because of her character in Gong.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by atsu-chan View Post
    And for those who would rather be spoiled, I can skip ahead and give you a few spoilers towards the middle of the novel.
    HQB sneaks JY into his camp and she stays in his tent as young man. He doesn't take her off to battle and leaves her to learn horseback riding with Li Cheng, a young boy who hates the Xiong Nu people. HQB rides off to battles alone and leaves her in the training camps, and he's always very openly loving with JY, which leads poor Li Cheng to think that their great general and JY are gay.

There's one time when JY leaves camp with the troops for a big battle with the Xiong Nu people but they were being tracked by a vulture flying in the sky. During her stay in Chang'an, Jiu Ye had given JY two messenger pigeons named Xiao Qian and Xiao Tao, to help them pass letters and messages. JY brought them with her when she fled the capital but she decides to use them as bait to kill the vulture. Xiao Tao is daring but is trapped by the vulture, leading Xiao Qian to sacrifice her life to save her companion. Xiao Tao commits suicide after the death of Xiao Qian, leaving JY alone. Even though they successfully destroyed the vulture, JY was inconsolable that her last link to Jiu Ye was gone and she got dead drunk that night in the camp. HQB accompanied her in her crazed drinking and asks her to marry him. He says, (I'm paraphrasing here) "Meng Jiu is a good man, but I'm not bad myself. And I will take care of you," he laughs, "I'm drunk. Only a drunk people can say such words. But in my heart, it's very clear. Right now, I'm in front of your eyes, I will not allow you to think of another." And they end up sleeping together. HQB is conscience stricken the next morning and asks JY to marry him and she agrees. From that point on, he takes up the adorable habit of calling her "wife," "honey," or any wifey kind of variant in public.

JY takes HQB to visit her dad's grave but they chance upon Yi Zhi Xie, the king of Xiong Nu, also at the grave. After he leaves, HQB begins to understand JY's background and swears to her dead father that he will take good care of her. They masquerade as regular Han people and "vacation" in the town they had newly won over with blood. They are in a restaurant type place when a brawl begins with a Han and a Xiong Nu man about Han men are weak and never keep their word. The fight escalates to the point that a disguised HQB becomes a competitor against the disguised king of Xiong Nu, Yi Zhi Xie. JY is nervous when she sees him, but she's veiled and he doesn't recognize her.

They compete and HQB ends up shooting one less arrow than Yi Zhi Xie, which meant that according to their gamble, he would lose his life. JY is filled with horror that she would lose him and realizes that she loves him. She laments that she would lose him just as she begins to love him. However, Yi Zhi Xie stops him at the last minute, revealing that one of his servants replaced one of HQB's arrows with one of Yi Zhi Xie's arrows, which meant that HQB was the real winner. He gifts them with two horses and sends them on their way. They ride out a few yards when they are spotted by a traitor Han general who reports to Yi Zhi Xie that the man was actually HQB. Yi Zhi Xie mounts his horses and rides off in hot pursuit of HQB and JY.
    Well, this will be ShiGe heaven as there's some hot steamy scenes between HQB and JY, hahah!

However, to be very honest, interpretation can sometimes be different. I actually didn't feel any steam/sensuality between Nicky & LSS in BBJX TV adaptation as I imagined from the book, but they made up for it in their expressions of pure adoring love
    I ship Shi-Harem

Well, this will be ShiGe heaven as there's some hot steamy scenes between HQB and JY, hahah!

However, to be very honest, interpretation can sometimes be different. I actually didn't feel any steam/sensuality between Nicky & LSS in BBJX TV adaptation as I imagined from the book, but they made up for it in their expressions of pure adoring love
    THIS!!!! though i still wish they didnt cut down the kiss/bed scenes from the book..

atsu-chan, ur my hero! Thanks for the audio book link.

It's a pity Ariel won't be doing anymore projects, but she's nursing her health. I've been watching 2 Hu Ge/Ariel dramas back to back, so I really love the coupling. ^^ BUT, I'm rooting for a fresh coupling. If they're rumoring that they're hiring a veteran for one of the main guy roles, does that mean LGX won't be playing opposite HG?

Quote Originally Posted by chancy426 View Post
    atsu-chan, ur my hero! Thanks for the audio book link.

It's a pity Ariel won't be doing anymore projects, but she's nursing her health. I've been watching 2 Hu Ge/Ariel dramas back to back, so I really love the coupling. ^^ BUT, I'm rooting for a fresh coupling. If they're rumoring that they're hiring a veteran for one of the main guy roles, does that mean LGX won't be playing opposite HG?
    TR is indeed hiring a veteran for one of the male leads (which will probably be Meng Jiu, since he's the oldest [mid 20s] of the three leads, which may mean that HG will be playing Huo Qu Bing. So if LSS ends up leading this drama, DMY will be GeShi heaven.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).