Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Review : Prince Coffee Shop No. 1

Unhappy Review : Prince Coffee Shop No. 1

Title : Prince Coffee Shop No. 1
    Starting : Yun Eun Hye as Ko Eun Chan
    Kong Yu as Choi Han Guil
    Synopse : A comic love story between a fake gay couple.

Review : Those waiting for Goong 2 will be dissapointed, as Yun Eun Hye decided to star in this comedy of a fake gay couple. Yun Eun Hye plays a hardworking Taekwondo instructor by day and a delivery boy by night struggling to meet ends meet and support her family consisting of her mother and her younger sister. Kong Yu is a rich playboy who is pressured by his mother to settle down and get married. Kong Yu decides to thwart the arranged meetings with his prospective wife candidates by hiring Ko Eun Chan to play his gay lover, not realizing Ko Eun Chan is a woman...

This drama is the typical "girl passing as a pretty boy" show and is quite predictable in outcome and is average in quality; you can predict the outcome after just watching a couple of episode. Even so, Yun Eun Hye's fans will love to see her again while waiting for Goong 2. Recommended for Yun Eun Hye fans, but everybody else can skip it.

I've watched 2 episodes of this drama, and it's just alright. It's not that funny either, and it seems like a typical story, except for the gay part =P.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

I too think this series is ok so far...I'm not really feeling the lead guy yet but maybe if he's good actor, in the next few episodes he'll get me hooked..

JonDoe, i do like your review..."Yun Eun Hye's fans will love to see her again while waiting for Goong 2. Recommended for Yun Eun Hye fans, but everybody else can skip it."-----You are right, she's great in here!!!
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

the ratings were quite high.. it must means that Eun hye has alot of fans.. When Lee da hae series aired "Hello miss" the ratings were quite horrible..but this series reached 20 points already.. i bet it'll go up more as the series goes on.. though it's not as interesting as i had expected..

i hope her hair grows out long when they starts filming Goong 2 lol

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    Yun Eun Hye's fans will love to see her again while waiting for Goong 2. Recommended for Yun Eun Hye fans, but everybody else can skip it."-----You are right, she's great in here!!!
    The character of Ko Eun Chan is actually the closest to Yun Eun Hye's real life persona, for her nickname was the "Sumo Champion Girl" after exhibiting unusual physical strength in talk shows during her singing days.

The Goong fans were in uproar, shouting "OMG, the Sumo Champion is playing the petty princess, what a miscast!" when her casting was announced. Yun proved Goong fans wrong, but she still cannot shake that "Sumo Champion" image. You get to see her "legendary" physical strength in this show lifting heavy furniture alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    I've watched 2 episodes of this drama, and it's just alright. It's not that funny either, and it seems like a typical story, except for the gay part =P.
    Oh really? I've watched 15 minutes of the first episode and so far it's kind of funny. However, I really don't like her image in this series, I know that's how her role suppose to look, but I'm not yet familiar with the haircut that she has. She looks a lot prettier in Goong.

The Goong fans were in uproar, shouting "OMG, the Sumo Champion is playing the petty princess, what a miscast!" when her casting was announced. Yun proved Goong fans wrong, but she still cannot shake that "Sumo Champion" image. You get to see her "legendary" physical strength in this show lifting heavy furniture alone.[/quote]

Really?!!> that's pretty cool and very interesting...so pretty much in real life she's a tomboy...So you mean to tell me she's actually giving those guys real piggie back ride???

i'm on ep 4.. it's really not as funny as i expected it.. come to think of it.. all 3 of Eun hye series are same genre.. light hearted comedies.. funniest one has to be "vineyard man."..

that is so funny...she can actually carry that one heavy dude...she's looked very strong and tough on those videos..

I found more videos of her and gosh I really like her personality...

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    i'm on ep 4.. it's really not as funny as i expected it.. come to think of it.. all 3 of Eun hye series are same genre.. light hearted comedies.. funniest one has to be "vineyard man."..
    Talking about Vineyard's Man, I didn't even get a chance to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by baby1talk View Post
    Talking about Vineyard's Man, I didn't even get a chance to finish it.
    I thought, it was that Vineyard's Man was the funniest of her three dramas also. You should watch that drama, I like it =).
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

I just realized that Yun Eun Hye is a great actress. Her role in here is very convincing..I really dont' even see her as a girl anymore.

So far up episode 7, this is a good series..I'm really enjoying it.

I hope this series is not going to be like most series lately ( ex, Witch Yoo Hee) REally good at the begining and then the EnDING Sucks like Hell.

on ep 10 now.. damn it's getting so slow pace.. he wont know that she's a girl until ep 12...

on ep 10 now.. damn it's getting so slow pace.. he wont know that she's a girl until ep 12...
    i thought it was slow at first but the characters are growing on me..

Hey, i was wondering where do you go to watch up to ep 10? eng sub?

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    i thought it was slow at first but the characters are growing on me..

Hey, i was wondering where do you go to watch up to ep 10? eng sub?
    subs aren't out yet.. i watch it with then get summary from others.. that's how i watch the newly releases most of the time..

are u serious? goodness, how do you manage to enjoy the series like that but then again, why not right? do you read the summary from Javabeans?

so you're not enjoying this series?

this series seems to be on everyone blog and on every discussion board...

The girl-disguised-as-boy and falls for pretty boy plot is rather cliched. It sounds like Taiwanese series, Hana Kimi.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    The girl-disguised-as-boy and falls for pretty boy plot is rather cliched. It sounds like Taiwanese series, Hana Kimi.
    she didn't diguise.. people thought she was a boy bc she looks like one and dresses like one.. but honestly, you can totally tell she's a girl from the first moment. Too pretty to have a face like a guy.

she didn't diguise.. people thought she was a boy bc she looks like one and dresses like one.. but honestly, you can totally tell she's a girl from the first moment. Too pretty to have a face like a guy.
    Very few actresses really look genuine and good in male disguises.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 08-01-07 at 05:02 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool