Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chi Zi Cheng Long [赤子乘龙]

Default Chi Zi Cheng Long [赤子乘龙]

I just bought a VCD set of the series 赤子乘龙. Nowhere on the box did it state that this series is a 2 parter. There's no part 1 or 2 or the word 上 or 下 on the box. But I later found out from yesasian that this series was sold in 2 boxes. Box 1 has epi 1-22 while box 2 has epi 23-44. The one I bought has 24 episodes in 15 disk. I want to know whether mine is the complete set of just half of the series. Can anyone confirmed it for me?

The last episode has Ren Quan's character saying to his father (played by Ko Hung) that he doesn't want to be his father's son anymore because of all the bad things the old man did. Ren Quan then walk away and the series ended there. Is this the end or there's more?
    Last edited by kidd; 06-20-05 at 03:07 PM.

There's more... Later developments will be...
    Dragon King escaped the frozen lake...
    His daughter and Ren Quan will wanna get married...
    Human King use this as a way to eliminate the last of the Dragon clan...
    Won't tell u the ending cos I'd be spoiling it 4 u

What serial is this? Who are the main actors?

It's a ancient fantasy series about dragons and human. The main actors include

Li Xiao Lu (Taiwan)
    Ren Quan (China)
    Li Ming Shun (Singapore)
    Felix Wong (Hong Kong)
    Ko Hung (Hong Kong)

Li Xiao Lu is actually from Mainland China.

Is this series any good?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Since pics can say more than words sometimes...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/566/czcl40kl.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6259/czcl66hp.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6567/czcl73lb.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3121/czcldragon8sv.jpg')
    It's a cute series overall, maybe slightly lame in some parts (the CG is rather blatant), but it's enjoyable as long as you're in the mood for a quirky fantasy series.

Ren Quan plays a prince; Li Xiao Lu's acting was a bit exaggerated, but it's part of her character. She plays a dragon who's forced to interact with humans when humans, dragons and demons are fighting each other. Christopher's Lee's also in this; his character is pretty funny.

There is one guy, Kelvin Cui Peng, that I especially liked. His was probably my fav character, the Little White Dragon. Seems like Cui Peng's a new Singapore actor, and not a bad one at that
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4325/cuipeng7ie.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2901/cuipeng27sy.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4784/cuipeng53wz.jpg')

You forgot the very pretty Florence Tan of Singapore.

Which character does she play? I've usually only got eyes for the male characters

Thanks for the screenshots and info, XiaoYu. Florence is the one wearing orange in this pic:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2004-02-11/2004-02-11_611_9.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Ah, the annoying sister Didn't like her character much, but I agree, she is pretty.

Before this she had a good impressive role as the HSDS maid who later became the Persian Fire Sect Hand Maiden. That's when I'd noticed her and didn't believed that she could be a Singaporean since most of the "famous" ones are crap by any standards.

Quote Originally Posted by XiaoYu
    Ah, the annoying sister Didn't like her character much, but I agree, she is pretty.

This is a light-hearted, but interesting series collaboration between China, Hong Kong and SIngapore actors. It aired in SIngapore last September.

It's good on a general scale, the images are beautiful. Florence Tan and Cui Peng has great chemistry together. I liked this pair more than Li Xiaolu and Ren Quan.

Everyone is likeable, aside from Gao Xiong's character who wants to wipe out the dragon clan. Beautiful CGI and cute animations.

THere's a thread under Singapore series last year.

luv Ciu Peng the most!! found some mv of cui and li xiao lu!!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ouVVRbBR-DQ
    want to share with everyone!!
    shu Oguri Rox!!! LUV LUV Nakayama Yuma>>

Thumbs up

Oh, thanks for sharing. I'll enter youtube to watch it. In this series, I also love Cui Peng most.
    ~Yan Kuan , my love ~

Looks interesting...
    li xiao lu looks very pretty in here... love the hairstyle
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6567/czcl73lb.jpg')
    ~
    .shu chang.
    Leanna, <3

Quote Originally Posted by hslinger View Post
    Looks interesting...
    li xiao lu looks very pretty in here... love the hairstyle
    she does look pretty....

Does anyone know the title song to the dragon heroes . the one with the female voice ^^ it sounds nice

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Before this she had a good impressive role as the HSDS maid who later became the Persian Fire Sect Hand Maiden. That's when I'd noticed her and didn't believed that she could be a Singaporean since most of the "famous" ones are crap by any standards.
    She's a Malaysian if im not wrong and she isn't popular in Spore.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

So, I watched the first 10 ep in viet (long nu anh hung) and like it so far. Must admit that the graphics annoyed me, as well as some of the characters, so I passed forward a bit. I enjoyed all the parts w/ xiao bai long (cui peng) in it. So far, he's my fav character b/c he's cool and self-sacrificing. When he was ripping off his scales, I cried a bit.

I cheated and skipped to the end via tudou. Sadly, my Chinese is limited, so I couldn't get the finer points of the dialogue; however, while the ending is rushed and corny, I think it's satisfying (though a bit anti-climatic).

click to show/hide spoilers
    This show kinda remind me of the most recent taiwanese Chinese Ghost Story and China's Pheonix Swing. It's like the Chinese Ghost Story in that I don't like the main couple (though Ren Quan is 10X better than Daniel Chan in both acting, looks, and role) and the "main" evil guy is the person I root for throughout and is a good guy turned evil (though Nie Yuan's hair looked better than Cui Peng as evil guy) and. It's like the Pheonix Swing in it's anti-climatic ending and have the idea that every1 deserve someone in the end. Also, any1 can be the rulers of a nation.
    Last edited by MysticDust; 10-17-07 at 04:19 AM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by ngociiz View Post
    Does anyone know the title song to the dragon heroes . the one with the female voice ^^ it sounds nice
    You mean the ending themesong.The name of the song is 注定.It was sang by Cui Peng and 廖莹莹.
    @MysticDust : xiao bai long is also my fav character. I only wanna see the scenes with him but I watched it on TV so couldn't pass anything .