Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hana Yori Dango - Boys Before Flowers (Korean Version)

Default Hana Yori Dango - Boys Before Flowers (Korean Version)

have anyone heard about the upcoming korean remake of meteor garden ?

Nope.

Also, Meteor Garden is based on a manga by Kamio Yoko, called Hana Yori Dango, which Japan has made a part 1 and 2 and upcoming special movie by the same name. IT was the Taiwan directors who decided to change Hana Yori Dango (Flower Over Boys) to Meteor Garden. It was not originally named Meteor Garden.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default lol no way

hahaha i love watchin meteor garden in taiwanese and japanese hmm cant wait till they make a korean one. i hope they use cute actors ahhaah this shall be interesting . too bad i dunt know much info on this otherwise i wud so try to answer ur question

There's an online pool to choose the casts of this drama.

The frontrunners are:

Jo In Jung as Dao Ming Si or Doumyouji Tsukasa

Im Joo Hwan as Hua Ze Lei or Hanazawa Rui

Yoon Eun Hye as Shan Cai or Makino Tsukushi

I don't know if I wanna watch this remake coz first, I don't like the casts (except Yoon Eun Hye), and secondly, it's hard to follow the success of Hana Yori Dango and Meteor Garden. The expectation will be very high.
    Last edited by Jilly; 08-24-09 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Remove img

I would love to see

Jo In Jung as Dao Min Si
    Shin Min Ah as Shan Cai
    Joo Ji Hoon as Hua Ze Lei
    Eric Mun
    Lee Jun Ki

Why do people keep refering Meteor Garden when that's not even the original title. It is not a remake of Meteor Garden, if anything it is a remake of Hana Yori Dango (manga/anime/jdorama).

I won't be watching it if they decide to make a Korean adaptation.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Why do people keep refering Meteor Garden when that's not even the original title. It is not a remake of Meteor Garden, if anything it is a remake of Hana Yori Dango (manga/anime/jdorama).
    Why? That's because Meteor Garden made it famous first in 2001, then came Hana Yori Dango in 2005. I understand that you meant it as Hana Yori Dango the manga, but I think most people refer to the name of the series rather than the manga/anime. Hence the first adaptation that made it famous first - Meteor Garden - will most likely be mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    Why? That's because Meteor Garden made it famous first in 2001, then came Hana Yori Dango in 2005. I understand that you meant it as Hana Yori Dango the manga, but I think most people refer to the name of the series rather than the manga/anime. Hence the first adaptation that made it famous first - Meteor Garden - will most likely be mentioned.
    Well, I choose to blacklist Meteor Garden and purposefully trying to erase Meteor Garden from my memory, so I can forget the horrible, horrible,horrible acting jobs done by the entire cast. They don't even live up to the manga characters they are based on. Boo.

There were Hana Yori Dango movies in the past(saw pictures of it on a website), its just people our age don't know about it or people overseas here don't know much about it. But I would think people in Japan would know.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 03-03-08 at 02:02 AM.

oh man, i am so going to watch this (if there will be one). i gave the taiwanese and the japanese a try, it wouldn't hurt to watch another one. especially with all those interesting casts. also, it will be cool to compare the three, i mean the two [japanese and korean] together. =p
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

I'd rather they pick an unknown cast. I don’t like any of the name mentioned thus far.

What? Meteor Garden? Again?

How many times can the same story be portrayed over and over again and still remain entertaining??

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    What? Meteor Garden? Again?

How many times can the same story be portrayed over and over again and still remain entertaining??
    Tell that to the producers who keep remaking LOCH, ROCH, HSDS, and all other Jin Yong novels you can think of.

Tell that to the producers who keep remaking LOCH, ROCH, HSDS, and all other Jin Yong novels you can think of.
    Haha! I like the way you stated this line!!! Hahaha, crack me up!

Ok, a Korean version of it huh? Hm, maybe I'll give it a try too! I gave Japanese a try and it was totally worth it, and also I never get tired of this "Hana Yori Dango" story-line. Also I think the Japanese author(Kamio Yoko) must have got a tons of money on her creating this manga, but I must say, she have such a good mind that created such a good story that will problably be popular forever....

All my friends were going to watch this Korean verison (If there is one) but as soon as they heard that the main girl is Yoon Eun Hye, they said "Oh, nevermind then!" Do she suck or something?
    YANG

Quote Originally Posted by LuvJoJo View Post

All my friends were going to watch this Korean verison (If there is one) but as soon as they heard that the main girl is Yoon Eun Hye, they said "Oh, nevermind then!" Do she suck or something?
    She's just not what we have in mind to play the role of Makino Tsukushi.

I don't watch those stuff so it doesn't bother me.

I've read the manga, watched the anime, watched the TW version, and watched the JP version of Meteor Garden. I have doubts that another remake can bring out new things in the storyline that has not already been explored before. Of course that's not to claim that the Korean will suck before I even watch it, but yes, I have my doubts about how entertaining it can be.

now who said that YEH is going to play that role?

Song Byung Joon, the chief to take over the Hana Yori Dango korea project said about CASTING:

" we will be picking the members of F4 based on how suitable their image will be able to match the F4's characters as well as their acting abilities.. " we will not focus on the actors based on their popularity and follow trends, but on ther person's acting ability, image, and new fresh faces as well." " The one who that will be able to bring out the character the best will be picked"
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

i hope i know none of the cast ahaha like i'm pretty clingy on the fact domyouji should have the personality of matsomoto jun. so seeing let's say... lee jun ki.. in it would look way too weird.
    but this could just be me.

i want LEE WAN TO BE THE MALE LEAD!! these two posted are uglyyyyyy and not that intriguing to me. lee wan ftw! and the male doctor from snow queen to be lei!
    TAIWANESE
    mike he
    vic zhou

TVB
    patrick tam
    moses chan
    charmaine sheh

KDRAMA
    lee wan
    jang hyuk
    kim bum
    shin dong wook
    song seung hun
    wonbin
    hyun bin
    im ju hwan
    kim tae hee
    sung yuri
    han ji hye

Why is Jo In Jung even considered? He's old and his look leaves a lot to be desired. The word handsome is not even something to describe him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
    Why is Jo In Jung even considered? He's old and his look leaves a lot to be desired. The word handsome is not even something to describe him.
    he's fine and sexy..i think he'll be perfect.

he's good at acting cold and mean in the outside but really is sweet inside..Perfect Dao Ming Si or Doumyouji Tsukasa
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****