Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Do you think there is life after death? And if so, can we prove it?

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    And you two were married in the previous life....
    ahhhh yeah, Trinie was my husband and i was the wife

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    I wonder about that.... IF that was the deal, then why do we belong to 2 different worlds???
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Isn't that very boring then? You essentially ends up being with the same person over and over again.
    Oh yea, that is true. But then again, you are a different person each time too...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I wonder about that.... IF that was the deal, then why do we belong to 2 different worlds???
    maybe i committed adultury and you divorced me kidding... what do you mean by 2 different worlds?

maybe i committed adultury and you divorced me kidding... what do you mean by 2 different worlds?
    The Multiverse was discovered when the Flash of Earth-One accidentally vibrated into the Earth-Two universe where the Golden Age superheroes lived...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/thumb/8/8f/Flash_v.1_123.jpg/300px-Flash_v.1_123.jpg')

I'm still pondering this question. There are so many argument on this subject. I hope there is though. It will be scary if there's nothing after that. All consciousness gone.

You can call it gene memory. But, a friend of my mom (who I'm also close to) has a grand nephew who was born and grew up overseas. He has never been to my hometown. But, when they brought him there, he insisted that he used to live there before and pointed out many places that he has never gone before. Also, the local food that he has never eaten before. He will point out which one is his favourite.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Nice one, you two!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Maybe you did so I got mad and wanted to be reincarnated into a different area in the world. What I meant was that we live in 2 different areas of the world. My friends told me not to use that statement since it was too strong...

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I'm still pondering this question. There are so many argument on this subject. I hope there is though. It will be scary if there's nothing after that. All consciousness gone.

You can call it gene memory. But, a friend of my mom (who I'm also close to) has a grand nephew who was born and grew up overseas. He has never been to my hometown. But, when they brought him there, he insisted that he used to live there before and pointed out many places that he has never gone before. Also, the local food that he has never eaten before. He will point out which one is his favourite.
    Yea, there are many cases of this from what I have heard. I wonder if you guys have ever experienced "deja vu". I experience that a lot in my life. Sometimes when I am experiencing that moment I slowly forget it because I am actually living it... Also, a lot of times when I am experiencing something, it seems so familiar to me. Even certain people that I have met, it sometimes felt as if I have known them for a long time.

Maybe you did so I got mad and wanted to be reincarnated into a different area in the world. What I meant was that we live in 2 different areas of the world. My friends told me not to use that statement since it was too strong...
    haha... i'm sorry for my past deeds. i just can't get over the idea that i could've been a girl in my previous life. So i guess we're "more than our bodies"? Maybe out personality gets transferred over or something?

haha... i'm sorry for my past deeds. i just can't get over the idea that i could've been a girl in my previous life. So i guess we're "more than our bodies"? Maybe out personality gets transferred over or something?
    Yea my mom always taught us to be good people and not do something bad or else we will suffer. Also, we will owe other people. She always says not to promise anyone anything unless we can really do it or else we will owe them. If we don't repay them in this life, we will have to repay them in the next life. Of course we are more than just our bodies. I am not sure about the personality, but our spirits/souls gets transferred over for sure. I also don't want to believe that I could have been a guy in my previous life....

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    I thought reincarnation (at least the Buddhist variety) maintained that you reincarnate until you reached the Bodhisattva level -then you've escape the endless cycles of death and rebirth.
    What is the Bodhisattva level and how does one reach it?

Yea my mom always taught us to be good people and not do something bad or else we will suffer. Also, we will owe other people. She always says not to promise anyone anything unless we can really do it or else we will owe them. If we don't repay them in this life, we will have to repay them in the next life. Of course we are more than just our bodies. I am not sure about the personality, but our spirits/souls gets transferred over for sure. I also don't want to believe that I could have been a guy in my previous life....
    I wonder what does soul mean in this case. What makes us us? If there was past lifetimes obviously we can't remember them. So what makes us us is more than our bodies and memories. So maybe personality gets carried over if there was reincarnation?

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    What is the Bodhisattva level and how does one reach it?
    Bodisattva are beings who forgoe final liberation (Nirvana) to help liberate others. It probably takes many lifetimes to cultivate that level (according to Buddhist tradition). The most popular one is Guan Yin. If u watched Journey to the West she's the one who helps out Monkey King and company the most.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-22-09 at 04:42 PM.

I wonder what does soul mean in this case. What makes us us? If there was past lifetimes obviously we can't remember them. So what makes us us is more than our bodies and memories. So maybe personality gets carried over if there was reincarnation?
    Read this. It's interesting. It's pretty new age, but, they believe in reincarnation.

Yeah, I've read a lot of new age stuff that believe in reincarnation. But, it's a bit different from the traditional 'we own people something, we have to pay' or 'we do bad things in past life, thus out life sux now'. It's like you postulate, they believe that your personality, limitation etc are shaped by experiences of our past lives. We carry a lot of baggage from past lives. Like a person drown in past life is afraid of water this life. A person who is afraid to speak up might have gotten punished severely for speaking up in his past life.

Of course, by this, it doesn't mean all our personality is shaped by past lives. Some are shaped my upbringing, the experiences in this life including birth trauma and experiences in the womb.

Another interesting theory about reincarnation is not that we came here in this life to learn lesson. So, it's not all about paying debt. I think that's why people can tell fortune to numerology, astrology etc. Because when you need to learn a certain lesson, you will be born in certain time, place, etc. Even the name, I also read in a book called 'Kryon' that a person who killed some in past life might have the same opportunity to kill someone again in this life (instead if being killed), to give him the opportunity to choose differently.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-23-09 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Read this. It's interesting. It's pretty new age, but, they believe in reincarnation.

Yeah, I've read a lot of new age stuff that believe in reincarnation. But, it's a bit different from the traditional 'we own people something, we have to pay' or 'we do bad things in past life, thus out life sux now'. It's like you postulate, they believe that your personality, limitation etc are shaped by experiences of our past lives. We carry a lot of baggage from past lives. Like, a person drown in past life is afraid of water this life. A person who is afraid to speak up might have gotten punished severely for speaking up in his past life.

Of course, by this, it doesn't mean all our personality is shaped by past lives. Some are shaped my upbringing, the experiences in this life including birth trauma and experiences in the womb.

Another interesting theory about reincarnation is not that we came here in this life to learn lesson. So, it's not all about paying debt. I think that's why people can tell fortune to numerology, astrology etc. Because when you need to learn a certain lesson, you will be born in certain time, place, etc. Even the name, I also read in a book called 'Kryon' that a person who killed some in past life might have the same opportunity to kill someone again in this life (instead if being killed), to give him the opportunity to choose differently.
    the idea of our present life being shaped by past lives is pretty interesting. i never thought of it like that. Buddhists/Hindus also believe in karma. things you did in your previous life may affect your current life. so i guess in this viewpoint fate & karma may play a role to shape your experiences (and also personality as a result).

Hmm... so if someone feels a bloodlust, it's because he was a serial killer of sorts in the past life, or because he was killed brutally?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

It all sort of depends on whether or not you can get a subscription in Heaven or Hell.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.astronautscholarship.org/2008_auction/2008auction_lot015.jpg')

i just find the notion that guys could have been girls and girls could have been guys in previous lives interesting...... wouldn't that break the theory of "guys are from mars and girls are from venus"? i.e. That its impossible for guys to understand girls and girls to understand guys.

Hmm... so if someone feels a bloodlust, it's because he was a serial killer of sorts in the past life, or because he was killed brutally?
    Haha, that's a hard question to answer.

I've always wonder about this karma thing. The traditional one we learn about is when we do bad things, we will have bad things happen to us in the next live, that we have to pay our debt. But, if we have bad things happen to us, someone (most probably our victim in the past life) has to do the bad things. So, that someone will generate bad karma and he will need to suffer in his next life. So, in order to realise our bad karma, he himself gain bad karma and the circle will be never ending.

But, I find reincarnation still more logical than you go to heaven or hell for eternity for what you did in a short period of 1 life. God will seem really unfair if we are all clean souls but some born into good life while others born into a very bad life.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-23-09 at 12:26 AM.

i just find the notion that guys could have been girls and girls could have been guys in previous lives interesting...... wouldn't that break the theory of "guys are from mars and girls are from venus"? i.e. That its impossible for guys to understand girls and girls to understand guys.
    It's hard but no impossible. If it's really impossible, married couple wouldn't be able to stay together until old age.

What about 'tomboys' and 'sissies'? Men and women that have temperaments and interests that society deems to belong to the opposite gender?