Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Sealed with a Kiss 《千山暮雪》 - Hawick Lau, Ying Er, Wen Zheng Rong

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I don't think this drama will end with such a tragic note like BBJX since the novel itself ended pretty happily. The worst they can do is give us an open ending.... How about this...if this drama ends with an "unsatisfying" ending, I will translate the happily ever after epilogue about Mo ShaoQian and TongXue's married life for you all to read...
    JoleCole, I llloooooovvvveee reading your insights on the drama and the book. OMG thank you so much for the offer to translate if we end up getting a sucky ending. I'm totally up to reading your translation!! =) Thank you sooo much!

The more I watch the series, it's not just TongXue's outfits that bothers me. But it's her hair...the way she style it makes her looks soo old and unfashionable. She either has it down which sorta covers too much of her face or she has her crown clips to the back with that SAME clips every time!!
    Last edited by iluvmoomoo; 10-31-11 at 11:09 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6d8ba6f1tw1dmoao41oh8j.jpg')

kyaaaa... somebody tell me.. when will hunanTV air above picture?????? can't wait to it..
    will it air this saturday (5 Nov)??? please don't tell me, I have missed the show..

btw,what is going on with Hawick's hairstyle ..I don't like it.. get used to see him in QSMX, so prefer his hairstlye in the drama
    Last edited by she_ariesgirl; 11-01-11 at 04:11 AM.

I don't think this drama will end with such a tragic note like BBJX since the novel itself ended pretty happily. The worst they can do is give us an open ending.... How about this...if this drama ends with an "unsatisfying" ending, I will translate the happily ever after epilogue about Mo ShaoQian and TongXue's married life for you all to read...
    Yes, yes, yes please translate the epilogue.. since I don't know chinese well.. thanks for your offer..
    hope this drama will be happy ending.. I don't really like an open ending like BBJX

Well...I'm biased since I have a tendency not to like 2nd male leads. :P

I sorta followed the shooting process for this drama and remember someone mentioning that that house they used as ShaoQian/TongXue's residence lack hot water and heating. Pretty much everyone was working in below freezing weather indoor... Even the infamous bathtub scene, they had to boil the hot water separately and carry back to the bathroom for Hawick.

I guess Hawick could stand the cold weather and not wear his coat while he filmed, but Ying'er was probably freezing her butt off and didn't want to take off her coat.

It's also such a great PITY that this drama has such a great script but the art direction utterly failed (bad fashion sense, groofs, etc.) and not refined in the details. I absolutely love some of the dialogues in this drama, especially the lines spoken by Mo ShaoQian. I know the director, cast, and crew members worked really hard to complete this drama, but apparently the producers were the ones at fault for not providing sufficient funds and good management. This series did not get the attention and monetary support that BBJX, new HZGG, and Qing Shi Huang Fei did. What's driving the success of this drama comes mostly from the acting and writing.

I heard that poor puppy died during the filming process or shortly thereafter cuz the weather got too COLD... So, the poor puppy's death shows what kind of bad environment the cast and crew were working in.
    I'm the opposite. I usually have a soft spot for the 2nd male leads. For example, in meteor garden, I always feel sorry for Hua Ze Lei. In Korean Gong, I felt sorry for the second prince. In BBJX I felt sorry for 8th and 14th, although I did like 4th very much. In Da Mo Yao, my heart bled for Meng Jiu. But I'm in total agreement, XS is boring and seem such a waste of a character.

The conditions of filming explains why Ying'er is always wearing so much, but it's not really an excuse for how illogical the scene looked. I guess Ying'er is still new and doesn't understand these details, but someone should have mentioned something. LSS poured cold water over her head for BBJX in freezing cold conditions, and I doubt Ying'er would have complained had she been alerted to the fact that the jacket under the apron just looked really out of place.

OMG, poor puppy...they should have looked after animals better!

LOL, the captions are funny especially the first few. I cracked up laughing when I read, Don't give folded paper cranes when you cheat
    Last edited by Mangoberrie; 11-01-11 at 03:57 AM.

Finished 21&22 eps. It so touch when the housekeeper went to look for TongXue. I think their relationship getting better now. Can't wait for tomorrow eps. I think I hasn't see a drama for long time that keep waiting for the next day eps. This will be good one for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by FTdream View Post
    The fighting scene bw YongFei and XianZhi is interesting =D, when I was watching that part, I was like YeaH...You Go Girl ! HAHA
    After the fighting scene bw YongFei and XianZhi, I changed my view a little about Xian Zhi ^^.
    After all XiaoShan still on the black list.
    anyway, I really really like this drama and can't wait to watch tomorrow eps ^__~
    LOL you just took my thoughts about the YF/XZ scene.

omg that's a sad fate for the puppy. it dies in the drama and it died in RL too? T.T RIP.

*goes to watch ep21,22 now...*

i hope it's a happy ending...
    I dun feel up to cry again after BBJX.
    is in love with LongShi, still harboring love for HongShi, &&& having high hopes for ShiGe.

finished 21&22
    love the interaction between SQ and his mother, their acting really show how they love each other so much (especially when they play game together).. I can feel their connection through the scene. On the other hand, I can't feel TX emotion.. most of the time, I only feel that TX is scared of MSQ.

love the part when SQ reject to use TX miscarriage news to trap ZF
    love the part when his mother burst in and scolded everybody in the room

love every part of the drama
    can't wait till tonight

Preview for Ep.23,24
    http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/64363151-1867422881.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/66561831jw1dmpfctrmc5j.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-02-11 at 01:02 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

just want to get an understanding of how the TV station at China works....is Hunan TV is most popular/influential station like TVB in HK?
    what about CCTV?
    thanks (just want to understand more about china tv stations)

Quote Originally Posted by pinyin753 View Post
    just want to get an understanding of how the TV station at China works....is Hunan TV is most popular/influential station like TVB in HK?
    what about CCTV?
    thanks (just want to understand more about china tv stations)
    For certain CCTV is the most powerful station in China since it's run by the central government. Even the most remote villages have the basic CCTV channels. Hunan TV, perhaps the most popular and the wealthiest provincial TV station, doesn't span all areas in China. Only the most urbanized cities outside of Hunan Province have access to this channel. Unlike HK dominated by TVB, China has a plethora of local TV stations, so competition is extremely intense. When a drama like Sealed with a Kiss get aired on Hunan TV, it doesn't mean the entire Chinese population can watch it on their local TV network. But this year has been particularly good for Hunan TV. Most of Hunan TV dramas (BBJX, QSHF, Gong, NHZGG, etc.) aired this year were major internet success.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-02-11 at 01:13 AM.

I guess Hawick could stand the cold weather and not wear his coat while he filmed, but Ying'er was probably freezing her butt off and didn't want to take off her coat.

It's also such a great PITY that this drama has such a great script but the art direction utterly failed (bad fashion sense, groofs, etc.) and not refined in the details. I know the director, cast, and crew members worked really hard to complete this drama, but apparently the producers were the ones at fault for not providing sufficient funds and good management. This series did not get the attention and monetary support that BBJX, new HZGG, and Qing Shi Huang Fei did. What's driving the success of this drama comes mostly from the acting and writing.
    Couldn't take it any more.... I had to say something too about the styling for TX's character (or should I say no styling at all !!), and it's in agreeing with you that the fault really has to go to the producers of this series !! To some extent to the director too. After all he's the one watching through the lenses ! He should have seen the garish outcome better then anyone and said something !

How can so much fashion faux pas even exist in one series ?? And sadly these fashion eye sores, are mainly on the female lead ?

Yes granted TX's character is suppose to be of a simple girl next door. Gentle, kind, timid, not some sexy siren. But do they have to dress TX this way ?? I mean what's with the bad colour combos, flowered sequins patch on both shoulders, huge lubber jack shirts under loose/baggy sweaters matched with super stiletto boots ??? And lets not get into the colonel Sanders top with full pleated skirt topped with a brown furry vest plus top coat in ep's21-22?? !!!

OK the conditions were cold but I can assure you, coming from some one who resides in Europe and know what cold is, there are other means of keeping warm without looking like the michelin doll !

Do the producers not know that there are such things like hot pack pocket warmers, patches, thin but warm long johns (with a choice of short sleeves and shorts) and portable heaters available that don't cost all that much money (especially in China) and are reusable ?

Knowing that Ying'er is not your average skin and bones kinda gal, that pleats and heavy over sized sweaters are a big no no ?? Huge heavy coats cinched at the waist will highlight her weight and 10 times more on screen ?? And a pony tail with centre parting tied low and loose on a round visage would accentuate a plum face ?

The lists goes on ?

I feel really sorry for Ying'er..... Looks like her 1st major role with a good script and above decent acting will be over shadowed by her disastrous image styling

Whoever is the stylist for this production must NEVER be used again !!

can someone give me the link for watching episode 22.

I think Ep. 23, 24 just reached a new climax in the storyline. I love Wen ZhengRong's acting! She's soo good in her portrayal of Mu YongFei (though her styling/looks need improvement). She is one truly unstable, and pitiful soul. Growing up under her ruthless father's parenting, no wonder she turned out that way. It's a miracle that ZhenFei turned out normal. Another character I really like in this drama is ShaoQian's mother, Professor Jiang. She's the epitome of good mothering: understanding, empathetic, maternal, and not forceful. I think what she said about childhood really nails a person's personality. People who have unhappy childhood either turn out to be too rational (ZhenFei) or uninhibitedly too willful/headstrong (YongFei).

Yay! I think the famous bathtub scene is going to be shown tomorrow! I think they cut out the lip bitting shot, but probably kept the scene. I wish they would just keep everything they shot. I mean, it's okay to get a little bloody.

Can't wait for Ep. 25,26! I can't wait to see the sweetest moments in ShaoQian/TongXue's relationship while they vacation at the beachfront.

Highlights of EP.20
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/65f1a653jw1dmpegux0i2j.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-02-11 at 12:51 PM.

I think Ep. 23, 24 just reached a new climax in the storyline. I love Wen ZhengRong's acting! She's soo good in her portrayal of Mu YongFei (though her styling/looks need improvement). She is one truly unstable, and pitiful soul. Growing up under her ruthless father's parenting, no wonder she turned out that way. It's a miracle that ZhenFei turned out normal. Another character I really like in this drama is ShaoQian's mother, Professor Jiang. She's the epitome of good mothering: understanding, empathetic, maternal, and not forceful. I think what she said about childhood really nails a person's personality. People who have unhappy childhood either turn out to be too rational (ZhenFei) or uninhibitedly too willful/headstrong (YongFei).

Yay! I think the famous bathtub scene is going to be shown tomorrow! I think they cut out the lip bitting shot, but probably kept the scene. I wish they would just keep everything they shot. I mean, it's okay to get a little bloody.

Can't wait for Ep. 25,26! I can't wait to see the sweetest moments in ShaoQian/TongXue's relationship while they vacation at the beachfront.

Highlights of EP.20
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/65f1a653jw1dmpegux0i2j.jpg')
    Thanks. JC, I'm waiting to see their relationship get better in eps 23 and bad again in 24eps. Very little of up and lot of downfall. I thought it would be better after 23EPS. But again in 24Eps, dissapointed me.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_oracle View Post
    xie xie dark_oracle

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    Thanks. JC, I'm waiting to see their relationship get better in eps 23 and bad again in 24eps. Very little of up and lot of downfall. I thought it would be better after 23EPS. But again in 24Eps, dissapointed me.
    Yep, their relationship has always been more down than up....hahaha...it's okay...at least now TongXue understands ShaoQian more and won't take his harsh words too seriously...It's all an "act" on his part...

Highlight of Ep.24
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/fengxinzi1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/Capture2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/msq2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/tongxue1-1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/Capture-5.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/msq3.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-02-11 at 02:59 PM.

Yep, their relationship has always been more down than up....hahaha...it's okay...at least now TongXue understands ShaoQian more and won't take his harsh words too seriously...It's all an "act" on his part...

Highlight of Ep.24
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/fengxinzi1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/Capture2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/msq2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/tongxue1-1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/Capture-5.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/msq3.jpg')
    Do you know why she return the ring to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    Do you know why she return the ring to him.
    SPOLERS!!!!

before his mothers death siaoqian promise her that he will not take revenge on the muos family anymore but he he still does it , tongxue see some news on the newspaper and want to talk to him, and returning the ring is just an excuse so they can meet an talk (i think) at the hospital there are some sweet moments between them,so tongxue thought maybe he will listen to her and she promise his mother before that after her death she will help him but shiaoqian just turn her down and say harsh words to her