Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mainland professor calls hong konger and singapore dogs/trash/etc

Default mainland professor calls hong konger and singapore dogs/trash/etc

Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    The bum bum couldn't get a blow as long as he lives, that's why. Forgive him. End of discussion. I rest my case.

Happy new year!!!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

That mainland professor is a low life axshole but he doesn't represent 1.3+ billion Chinese from mainland China.

An educated professional would not speak in such an ignorant, intolerant, indelicate manner. Is he really a professor or an uneducated fool masquerading as one? I pity the students who have to learn from him.

Like one of the youtube commentator said, I can't believe he's a professor.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Well didn't Newt Gingrich teach a class? Doesn't mean much.

And I"ve heard HK and other Asians talk bad about mainlanders. I am not saying that the prof is justified (he's clearly not) but the point is that there's animosity on both sides.

Upon seeing the vid, I LOL'ed. The mofo's face looks like a big pan cake that got run over by an ugly truck. And he's wearing some kind of gay looking scarf. I'd probably have to keep from cracking up if I saw him on the street.

And I like how the host just agrees with everything he says hahaha. No backbone at all.
    Last edited by jiang bao; 01-23-12 at 08:12 PM.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

He sure ain't no junzi. :-p
    It's bad and sad enough there is so much mutual resentment, fueling it is the last thing anyone, let alone a member of the academia, should be doing.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    That mainland professor is a low life axshole but he doesn't represent 1.3+ billion Chinese from mainland China.
    even if he represent 1/100th of that population, that's a lot of people... im just saying

And I like how the host just agrees with everything he says hahaha. No backbone at all.
    I don't think the host agreed with him. At least not as explicitly as you puts it. I thought she was simply acknowledging what he was saying (e.g. showing that she's listening) because she kind of looked lost and confused and when she spoke she didn't sound enthusiastic. Besides, she did say something positive about Hong Kong. So no, I don't think her opinion exactly gels with the 'professor' and people who thinks like him.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wECom...eature=related

this is what started the whole thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-02l...eature=related

this is the growing tension between them before the incident
    Last edited by LuNaR; 01-24-12 at 04:47 AM.

How do we know that this guy is a descendant of Confucius?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    How do we know that this guy is a descendant of Confucius?

Han Solo
    I think there's some sort of certification. Careful records of the Kong family are kept given Confucius' importance in Chinese history. Doesn't make an iota of difference. The guy is still a turd.

And about that host, if she had integrity, she would speak up against what he said. If I was sitting in her spot, I'd call him out on his generalization and put out how narrow minded and stupid he sounds.

In the US, news anchors and show hosts have the courage to speak out against what they think are wrong comments from guests, but I guess in Commieland that is not allowed or encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I think there's some sort of certification. Careful records of the Kong family are kept given Confucius' importance in Chinese history.
    I'd take those "records" with a few grains of salt. The kind of meticulous record-keeping we're familiar with today is a fairly recent innovation, and I'd be quite skeptical about data *that* old and would have had to survive that much turbulence.

mainland professor calls hong konger and singapore dogs/trash/etc
    Good. That's what they are.

(I kid, I kid)
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

And about that host, if she had integrity, she would speak up against what he said. If I was sitting in her spot, I'd call him out on his generalization and put out how narrow minded and stupid he sounds.

In the US, news anchors and show hosts have the courage to speak out against what they think are wrong comments from guests, but I guess in Commieland that is not allowed or encouraged.
    Given the sources she had on her hands, I suspect the production team was right behind that professor. I'm not quite sure if anyone wants to risk speaking out in such cases.

And if those netizens are 愤青, do you really want to risk it? Those are some seriously demented people.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I only pay attention to the main line decendants of Confucius.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I'd take those "records" with a few grains of salt. The kind of meticulous record-keeping we're familiar with today is a fairly recent innovation, and I'd be quite skeptical about data *that* old and would have had to survive that much turbulence.

It's just a trivial issue. It's like just something you find some amusement in when you find out. I have two friends who say they are Confucius' descendents. It hardly matters.

Like that idiot professor... he's an idiot whether he's Conf's descendent or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I only pay attention to the main line decendants of Confucius.
    I don't know if there are any left for you to pay attention to. Little known fact: Abraham Lincoln's (who is comparatively *far* more recent in history than Confucius) bloodline is already extinct. I think the last individual who could directly trace his lineage back to President Lincoln was his grandson.

It's just a trivial issue. It's like just something you find some amusement in when you find out. I have two friends who say they are Confucius' descendents. It hardly matters.

Like that idiot professor... he's an idiot whether he's Conf's descendent or not.
    Around a third of Europeans are supposed to be descended from Charlemagne. If you manage to perpetuate your genes sufficiently, over time you, and zillions of others, will have a share in a large number of individuals. If Confucius had a few children who didn't die out, then 2500 years of propagation would mean that nearly everyone and their neighbour is related in some way to that distant historical figure. Heck, 800 years on, a distant individual, presumed to be Genghis Khan, left his genetic mark on 25% of the population of central Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I don't know if there are any left for you to pay attention to. Little known fact: Abraham Lincoln's (who is comparatively *far* more recent in history than Confucius) bloodline is already extinct. I think the last individual who could directly trace his lineage back to President Lincoln was his grandson.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_...ine_of_descent

There very much is one to listen to. Confucius has the longest recorded family tree in the world. It looks like at least twice though that a main line decendant had to adopt a nephew from one of his brothers to keep the line going.