Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer

Linghu Chong was disquieted as he watched the back of those two people entering the distant forest. He then slowly turned around and saw Ren Woxing, Xiang Wentian, and Yingying had already shaken out the snow on them and were now looking at him. Linghu Chong happily inquired, "Chief Ren, I didn't trouble you?"

Ren Woxing laughed bitterly. "I wasn't troubled, but you may be in trouble. How's your left arm?"

"Something's not right with the meridian on my arm, my qi can't go through it and I actually can't move it."

Ren Woxing scowled. "This is a little bit troublesome, we have to think of something to do about it. You rescued Yue family's young lady, that can be counted as repaying the kindness of your master. From now on, nobody owes anyone anything. Brother Xiang, how come that old Lu didn't progress? Why is he doing this kind of despicable thing?"

Xiang Wentian answered, "Hearing from his tone, it seemed that he wanted to capture these two young people and take them to the Dark Wood Cliff."

"Could it be that this is Dongfang Bubai's idea? What connection does he have with this hypocrite?" Ren Woxing pondered.

Linghu Chong pointed at the corpses on the snow and asked, "These people are Dongfang Bubai's subordinates?"

"They're my subordinates," Ren Woxing answered and Linghu Chong nodded his head.

"Daddy, how about his arm?" Yingying worriedly said.

Ren Woxing laughed and said, "Don't worry! My good son-in-law helped daddy repel that cold energy, so father-in-law will think of a way to cure his arm." After he said this, he laughed loudly and stared at Linghu Chong studying him. He saw Linghu Chong standing there looking very embarrassed. Yingying said quietly, "Daddy, take a rest on speaking these kinds of words. Brother Chong has been friends with Huashan's Miss Yue since childhood and they've grown up together. The look that Brother Chong was giving young lady Yue, how could it be that you still don't understand?"

Ren Woxing laughed. "What kind of person is that hypocrite Yue Buqun? How can his daughter be compared to my daughter? Also, this girl Yue already has someone else in her heart. From now on, Chong'er will never think of this fickle girl anymore. The matter that happened when you’re kids, how can that be allowed?"

"Brother Chong made such a big disturbance at the Shaolin temple because of me and the whole world heard about this. Also, because of me, he wasn't willing to go back to Huashan. My heart's already very satisfied over these two matters. There's no need to raise any other talk," Yingying said.

Ren Woxing was well aware that his daughter liked to win. Since Linghu Chong had not proposed the issue of marriage yet, it was inappropriate to talk about it too much. However, sooner or later, they had to talk about this matter. He again laughed loudly. "Very good, very good, we must talk slowly about important lifelong matters. Chong'er, let me tell you the trick to make your arm's meridian passable." He then stood besides Linghu Chong and told him how to move his qi and how to make his meridian passable. He then waited for Linghu Chong to repeat back to him the method to make sure that he remembered. He then said, "You helped me repelled that poisonous cold energy and I taught you how to make your meridian smooth, so we don't owe each other anything. You must wait for seven days before the meridian on your left arm is recovered, you mustn't be impatient."

"Yes," Linghu Chong answered.

Ren Woxing waved his hand calling for Xiang Wentian and Yingying to come over. "Chong'er, that day in Plum Manor on Mount Gu, I invited you to join my Divine Sun Moon Sect. At that time, you refused. Today, the situation is very different and I'm bringing up that old matter again. This time, you couldn't possibly refuse with your excuses again?" Linghu Chong hesitated and didn't answer.

Ren Woxing said again, "You already studied my Art of Essence Absorbing, later on, you'll suffer endlessly. Once your various internal energies came out, then you won't be able to save your life anymore, and you won't be able to die either. What I said before, I definitely cannot renege on it. If you don't join my sect, even if Yingying married you, I still wouldn't be able to impart to you this melding method. Even if my daughter blamed me for this for the rest of my life, I will still say the same thing. We have an important matter right now. We're going to Dongfang Bubai to settle some debt. Will you follow us?"

"Chief, please don't blame me. Junior has decided not to enter the Divine Sun Moon Sect." These two sentences were said clearly and very firmly. There was no compromise in his voice.

When Ren Woxing and the other two heard this, their faces changed colour. Xiang Wentian said, "Why is that? You don't have any regards for the Divine Sun Moon Sect?"

Linghu Chong pointed to the corpses on the snow and said, "There are these kinds of people in the Divine Sun Moon Sect. Even though junior isn't worthy, I'll be ashamed to be associated with them. Also, junior promised Dingxian Shi Tai to be Heng-Shan School's headmaster."

Ren Woxing, Xiang Wentian, and Yingying all showed a weird expression on their faces when they heard this. Linghu Chong not wanting to enter the sect was not strange at all. But his last sentence was extremely strange. The three people simply couldn't believe what they heard.

Ren Woxing pointed his finger at Linghu Chong's face. Suddenly, he burst out in laughter which shook the snow on the trees and made them fall down. He was again caught up in a wave of laughter before saying, "You... you... you want to become a nun? Go and become the leader of nuns?"

Linghu Chong answered unequivocally, "No, not to become a nun, but I'm going to become Heng-Shan School's headmaster. Just before Dingxian Shi Tai died, she requested this of me. If junior didn't agree, then she would've died with an unfulfilled wish. Dingxian Shi Tai died because of me. Junior knows that this matter is bound to astonish people when they hear this, but I had no way to refuse it." Ren Woxing was still laughing non-stop.

Yingying said, "Dingxian Shi Tai died because of me." Linghu Chong looked at her and felt appreciative towards her.

Ren Woxing slowly managed to stop his laughter. "If other people requested something of you, you’ll always abide by them?”

Linghu Chong answered, "Correct. Dingxian Shi Tai died because she was carrying out my request.”

Ren Woxing nodded. "That's also good! I'm an old freak and you're a little freak. If we don’t do something unusual, how can we be great men? You go and become those nuns’ headmaster. So you're going to Heng-Shan now?"

Linghu Chong shook his head. "No! Junior is going to Shaolin Temple."

Ren Woxing felt that was a bit strange but he immediately understood. "You're going to take the two Shi Tai's corpses back to Heng-Shan." He then turned his head towards Yingying and asked, "Are you going to follow Chong'er and go back to the Shaolin Temple?"

"No! I'm going to follow daddy," Yingying answered.

"That's right, it won't do for you to follow him up Heng-Shan to become a nun." After he said this, he again laughed loudly. This laughter sounded bitter.

Linghu Chong folded his hand in salute and bowed deeply. "Chief Ren, Brother Xiang, Yingying, we'll part ways here." He turned around and strode purposefully away. After he had walked more than ten steps away, he turned his head around and asked, "Chief Ren, when are you going to go up Dark Wood Cliff!"

Ren Woxing answered, "This is the sect's internal matter; outsiders don't need to worry about it." He knew that Linghu Chong asked because he wanted to be there to help him fight Dongfang Bubai together so he immediately rejected this help. Linghu Chong nodded his head and stooped down to pick up a long sword. He hanged the sword on his waist before turning around and then walked away.

End of Chapter 28

:-\

this parting left a semi-bitter feeling with me; i guess i was just hoping that lhc was going to stay together with yingying.

Quote Originally Posted by gobie2920
    And now with the rescue of YLS by LHC, there might be some problem with his future relationship with RYY. Hopefully, RYY is more broad minded than LHC or YLS.
    LHC might but RYY not.
    Whatever happened, her feelings for LHC would never change.
    She already knew that LHC had been madly in love with YLS nevertheless she still sacrificed so much for him.

Ha ha, it's so funny that LHC would become Heng-Shan school's leader.

Can we please start a new thread with the new chapter??? This thread is getting way too long.

I was just going to propose the same thing.

Thanks to both of you, pokit and hhaung.

this is almost 50 pages ... best if we create a new thread for the new chapters
    TaZzY InC

Ok, I'll create a new thread for the new chapter. It's not ready yet though, so probably I'll post it next week.

I know many of you are missing the peach valley six fairies in ch 28, so they said they're gonna be back very early in ch 29.

Quote Originally Posted by pokit
    Ok, I'll create a new thread for the new chapter. It's not ready yet though, so probably I'll post it next week.

I know many of you are missing the peach valley six fairies in ch 28, so they said they're gonna be back very early in ch 29.

I hate the fairies. Their arguments don't add anything to the story and is not humourous at all to me. Gimme ZBT anyday!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I like the fairies!

I was being sarcastic, I don't like them either. They talk too much nonsense, so I usually skip reading what they're saying but since I'm translating it, I have to read every single word they're saying.

The conversation of the fairies is lame,repetitive,monotonous and _not_ funny. To top it all, it adds nothing to the storyline or plot.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that as well. I feel that LHC must be the most patient person in the world for not getting rid of them.

I know I'd be tempted to just hold on a little longer "accidentally" if I were LHC when the fairies grabbed hold of him. Drain them dry, shut them up for a bit.

It is sad but there are a lot of people in real world who are very much like the fairies. Always talking nonsense, be repetitive, argue on trivial matters, always want to be number one and meddle with everything without first even try to understand.

That is why I don't really oppose to the fairies.

I'm trying to follow LHC's example and be kind to them and try not to offend them.

They do have their moments though. I guess it's a monkeys on typewriters effect.

I don't dislike them... at least they are not hypocritical.

they 're just stupids. it was fun the first time, and it had a purpose in the story. but now it'd just boring to read their nonsense again and again.

I don't know why you complain.

All that singing in the Lord of the Rings was a lot more obnoxious.

The fairies can be quite amusing. Am I the only one here who is a fan of them?

LotR singing was hardly obnoxious, with a few exceptions.

Well I don't hate them, it's just that they always do the same things, that's all. They were fun the first time but I found them boring in the convoy to save RYY. Maybe it will be interesting to read about them in ch 29, I don't know. wait and see

umm the first post. is that the beginning of chapter 23 ? or when is chapter 23