Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

Ruby is playing her mother now right, then who does Qin Lan play? Is she suppose to be Yong Qi mom right?

Qin Lan plays Xiao Yan Zi's mom in this new series....

Correct me on this, I don't remember anything about XYZ mom in the original right

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    Correct me on this, I don't remember anything about XYZ mom in the original right
    I'm not sure whether she was in Season 3. I did some fast-forwarding but I do remember Xiao Yan Zi and Xiao Jian talking about their mom more.

Of course, Season 2, when Xiao Jian finally acknowledged that Xiao Yan Zi could be his sister, he talked about Xueyin too.

I actually really like that they brought in Xiao Yan Zi's mom.

I wanna imagine what Xiao Yan Zi''s life might have been had she not grown up an orphan...

Surprisingly, this hit me in the head only now. Now that Yong Qi's mom is alive and kicking, Yong Qi has one less thing in common with Xiao Yan Zi.

2.The hair. Some of them wear the black wooden headdresses while some of their headdresses is hair, their hair or wigs or whatever. The point is, inconsistencies. I prefer the way they dressed the characters in Season 1 and Season 2. So much more uniform. Plus, headdresses made out of hair gets a bit freaky, it's weird, but I don't mind, if the plotlines distract me.

3.The qipao. You know, that white sash thing over their dress. Some have prints on them, some have frayed ends, some don't. I just wish that it was like in the original. In the original, it was so classy and elegant. Now, it just looks like little kids playing dress up.
    Completely agree, this was also one of the peeves I had with season three and I thought that sense they were remaking the whole thing in one go that it was the first things to be fixed.

Surprisingly, this hit me in the head only now. Now that Yong Qi's mom is alive and kicking, Yong Qi has one less thing in common with Xiao Yan Zi.
    Yeah it was the first thing I thought about when I heard she was in it, it also kind of makes the relationship between the two harder to believe. In the original Yong Qi had the death of his mother to drag him away from the politics of the court but now that she's alive he'll be part of it which alters his character profile....

I thought the only reason Yong Qi isn't like other prince due to his mother death. If she change that what make different from the rest of other prince?

Hmm..

I never thought of his mother's death protecting him from the court politics. Yong Qi was always Qianlong's favourite in Huan Zhu Ge Ge, a prime candidate for the Crown Prince position. The reason why I said that Yong Qi has one less thing in common with Xiao Yan Zi is because now he'll find it harder to relate to her. They never really focused on how the loss of his mother might have made it easier for him to relate to Xiao Yan Zi being an orphan. So, I don't know.

But, the fact that Consort Yu is alive here can't stop Yong Qi from falling for Xiao Yan Zi. She can't stop him! Yay. He'll still be crazily attracted to her.

There wasn't a lot of court politics and manipulation in Huan Zhu Ge Ge except where the queen and Rong Momo were concerned. Huan Zhu Ge Ge isn't like other court dramas, it's fun and lighthearted, I actually don't want Yong Qi's mom to be a bad person like the queen, I don't want her to torture Zi Wei and Xiao Yan Zi. Pushing Yong Qi to be with Xing Rong is enough. No torture, no pin stabbing. Xiao Yan Zi and Zi Wei have it bad enough from the queen. Lao Fo Ye's punishment isn't really punishment, just staying in a cold stone room all night. Heck, they slept like babies.

We have yet to know whether Yong Qi's mom is like the queen or like Ling Fei.

All we know for now is that she wants her son to be with Xing Rong.
    I can see where she's coming from. First of all, Xiao Yan Zi was Yong Qi's 'half-sister' and then she wasn't, and she's always causing trouble, and she doesn't understand court etiquette. Yong Qi's mom obviously didn't have a lot in common with Xiao Yan Zi.
    Last edited by therainhouse; 11-01-10 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Addition

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://b.imagehost.org/0985/GettingMarried.gif')
    Jin Suo and Liu Qing

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://d.imagehost.org/0589/GettingMarried2.gif')
    Zi Wei and Er Kang

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://b.imagehost.org/0463/GettingMarried3.gif')
    Xiao Yan Zi and Yong Qi

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://d.imagehost.org/0462/GettingMarried4.gif')
    Qing Er and Xiao Jian

Even if you're not a supporter of the remake, here's something that will have you smiling. It's cute.

A fan of the remake made this icons and I'm sharing them with you.
    Last edited by therainhouse; 11-05-10 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Formatting

These are cuter.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://b.imagehost.org/0464/GIF1.gif')
    Zi Wei and Er Kang

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://b.imagehost.org/0231/GIF2.gif')
    Qing Er and Xiao Jian.

When you have an entire gallery of it on your hard drive, you'll know who's who. I just got used to it. Qing Er and Xiao Jian together, this is my favourite couple in the remake. I know, I've mentioned it before.
    Last edited by therainhouse; 11-05-10 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Names

Cute cartoon, where did you find it at

Found it on Tieba. A fellow fan made them. They're always making fanvids and icons and banners and graphics and trailers. Oh, by the way, do not believe any trailer you see that spouts the title of 新还珠格格. The trailer has not been released yet. The ones that you may have seen online are made by fans.

Whenever I want any behind the scenes details, I go to 新还珠格格吧 贴吧。Google search that and it will lead you to the forum.

And this is also where I look for spoilers.

But, like I say, even if the user says he got this, this and this from a credible source on the production, just take it with a grain of salt cause that scene may get edited or I don't know..

Spoilers I can confirm for now is that we will be seeing the wedding scene. They filmed it for several days, I don't think they're going to cut that out. Yong Qi's wedding with Xing Rong. As a fan, I hope he runs away or something. Yong Qi, do something, be a man, do the right thing and run away from a woman you don't love.
    Last edited by therainhouse; 11-04-10 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Additions

Those are super cute but I can't tell which characters are who in most of them! Guess I haven't gotten used to the new actors yet.

I've decided that none of the new plot twists will faze me anymore, I'll just treat this as a light-hearted series that's a separate thing from the old HZGG. I mean, if I can pretty much ignore that anything in HZGG3 exists, this shouldn't be too hard. And if it exceeds my expectations I'll just be pleasantly surprised. ^_^

(Only thing is they better not make me start wanting to root for Yong Qi/Xing Rong or XYZ/Ben. On my rewatch of HZGG2, that scene where XYZ angrily says that YQ should just marry Qing Er, I actually felt like half-agreeing because she was so annoying. And YQ/Qing Er weren't even remotely a couple...but, I think that's only because I had just watched PAJQ where Alec & Rebecca had fantastic chemistry, so...)
    Last edited by mango_cake; 11-04-10 at 06:50 PM.

anyone know when they will start to broad cast this? seems like they are adding more story to this remake, so I am quite excited to see the remake..

No one knows about the airdate, nothing has been released, they always say Spring 2011, which means March - May 2011 but fans who have visited the sets found out that it will take some months. If everything is done early, maybe, we'll get to see it in spring, if not, July or August.

All speculation even the crew is just speculating. No one really knows.

I forgot to add something that wasn't in the summary in my post.

This is in the official synopsis for Season 2 but I didn't include it in my translation because it didn't seem to go with the flow.

Er Tai is marrying Saiya in Season 2.

Meaning, Er Tai will be in both Season 1 and 2. I don't know if he's going to stay all the way till the end of Season 2.

any update pix

oh dear. I made an account just to rant about this.
    As many people here, I grew up watching HZGG, and continue to watch them still! Vicki, Ruby, Alex, and Fan Bing Bing all got their careers launched from it, and look where they are now.
    How can these look-a-likes pull this off? HZGG3 was already a let down for most fans, I think most people would rather treasure the original version than watch look-a-likes try to replace it.

Hey babes and guys, are there guys amongst us HZGG fans on SPCNET?

Xie Zhongling has confirmed via her Weibo that she will be playing Cailian.
    亲爱的我的风铃们!灵子离开你们的视线好几个月了~很感激你们都没有离开灵子都还关心着我~我知道大家一直 都想知道灵子在新还珠中的角色~灵子现在可以告诉大家~灵子演的角色是还珠第一部中出现过的采莲~新版中会 略有不同~角色虽不大~灵子会好好表现的!因为不管怎么样~演戏是灵子最喜欢的事情!

In the original, Cailian is the girl whose father died and she had to sell herself as a slave. Yong Qi, Xiao Yan Zi and the rest of the guys fought this horrible slave master and his gang members. Cailian then followed Yong Qi worshipfully after he personally gave her a bag of gold and that aroused the green-eyed monster in Xiao Yan Zi, leading up to Yong Qi and Xiao Yan Zi's first kiss.

Xie Zhongling is so gorgeous, she's freaking pretty, I can't take my eyes off her photographs and I'm a girl. Some people are so pretty.

She's gonna steal the scene, man. She's gonna steal the limelight from everyone in every single scene she's in.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://b.imagehost.org/0066/XieZhongling.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://b.imagehost.org/0220/XieZhongling2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://b.imagehost.org/0887/XieZhongling3.jpg')

This is our new Cailian. Xiao Yan Zi has good reason to be jealous. The girl must be related to Venus. Maybe I'm exaggerating but I think she's very pretty.
    Last edited by therainhouse; 11-05-10 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Addition

Hey, don't worry, no one is trying to replace the original, they're presenting a fresh perspective on the story.

Not really lookalikes. Actually. Like I said before, Li Sheng's eyes are similar to Zhao Wei's other than that, they don't really resemble each other.

Chill, just think of it as a spinoff or a different story. I know how hard it is to think differently, to relax your grip on a story you love so much you dream about it day and night. Been there, done that. Just try to laugh at the scenes and the one-liners.