Page 8 of 150 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

The woman in black? Mei Chaofeng.

Nice. I like this version based on how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    The woman in black? Mei Chaofeng.
    Thanks. Pretty too.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    Nice. I like this version based on how it looks.
    I like most of them, in particular Huang Yaoshi (duh). But I don't get the costume designer/stylist for Yinggu (Southern Emperor's former wife). The actress who plays her is too young, and she looks like she's doing a cosplay with her white wig:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgsafe.org/0848c6b45f.jpeg')

I also don't like Ouyang Ke of this version. I've posted his photo in the previous page (or perhaps two pages back). He looks too pretty for the flamboyant OYK. I prefer Wong Wan Choi 1983 version or the 2008 version by a far cry.

I like most of them, in particular Huang Yaoshi (duh). But I don't get the costume designer/stylist for Yinggu (Southern Emperor's former wife). The actress who plays her is too young, and she looks like she's doing a cosplay with her white wig:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgsafe.org/0848c6b45f.jpeg')
    All the elder ladies has been quite young recently. Swordsman, ROCH 2014. This is in line with that. Yinggu in ROCH 2014 was almost as young. Mei Chaofeng now join the list too.

But I agree with you, the casting of Michael Miu as Huang Yaoshi is great!
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 08-27-16 at 12:29 AM.

Well, i never watched wuxia series made in after 2003, so that's 13 years of catching up, which i choose not to do because of the cringe-worthy nitpicks of the series made in the 21st century. So yeah, I haven't noticed till you pointed it out just now how young the older wuxia ladies are nowadays.

Sigh. I'm afraid that I'm going to watch this series with fast-forward mode for many scenes...

Well, i never watched wuxia series made in after 2003, so that's 13 years of catching up, which i choose not to do because of the cringe-worthy nitpicks of the series made in the 21st century. So yeah, I haven't noticed till you pointed it out just now how young the older wuxia ladies are nowadays.

Sigh. I'm afraid that I'm going to watch this series with fast-forward mode for many scenes...
    I see where you're coming from and I agree. As someone who has been watching Wuxia from the 80s onward, I get what you mean. Wuxia series has been in the down low for years.

I usually just watch what I can, out of hope for the most part. I've been let down so many times.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 08-26-16 at 05:11 PM.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    The new Ode to Gallantry seemed promising. We just have to get the air date *lol*
    I don't think we'll be getting an air date for that til a while, since it's base on a less popular novel with new faces, it's gonna be hard for TV stations to take priority in.

It was previously said to air in July, but with Demon Girl, Border Town Prodigal, Ice Fantasy, and Chusen, it was impossible to air Gallantry. Perhaps we'll get an air date once these series end.

As for YK and MNC, my expectation are low and since I'm a bit shallow, I'll watch this for MNC, she's quite pretty. Maybe I'll watch it for Mei Chaofeng and Yinggu too. lol
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 08-27-16 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    Is that Guo Jing carrying his mom ? He looked better there. He doesn't look too pretty, but more handsome and manly, instead. And, that YK and MNC really got my interest. It's gonna be the first time for me to expect YK-MNC more than GJ-HR.
    I think so, that's GJ carrying his mum.

Actually, I'm the opposite. I'm never interested in GJHR. Yes, I'm interested to see HR, but couldn't get excited about them in LOCH. Even in LOCH 83, i was much more invested in YK-MNC and was just watching GJRH mainly for Barbara's HR. I'm watching LOCH 2008 now, and I'm also just so-so towards Hu Ge's and Ariel Lin's GJHR (they did good jobs, but I'm still impartial).

This 2017, it might be the first time I might be interested in GJHR.

In ROCH 83, i did get excited about GJHR though. Brian Leung and Susanna Auyeung were a much more interesting couple for me than Andy-Idy...

I think so, that's GJ carrying his mum.

Actually, I'm the opposite. I'm never interested in GJHR. Yes, I'm interested to see HR, but couldn't get excited about them in LOCH. Even in LOCH 83, i was much more invested in YK-MNC and was just watching GJRH mainly for Barbara's HR. I'm watching LOCH 2008 now, and I'm also just so-so towards Hu Ge's and Ariel Lin's GJHR (they did good jobs, but I'm still impartial).

This 2017, it might be the first time I might be interested in GJHR.

In ROCH 83, i did get excited about GJHR though. Brian Leung and Susanna Auyeung were a much more interesting couple for me than Andy-Idy...
    If you ask me, I do not know what I am watching LOCH for. Maybe the ending is happy for GJ-HR.

^_^ i think we can safely assume that the ending will always be happy for GJHR...

Banned

Meh, I think I'm going to skip this production. LOCH was never my favorite. It's just like Harry Potter, the best one wasn't the first book, but the 4th One (Goblet of Fire), then it became icky after that... ROCH will always be the best work in the Condor Trilogy IMO...

Plus, the Yang Kang couple looks sort of ugly compared to the '83 cast. Almost like they purposely chose ugly ppl (sort of) to fill these roles, so the GJ-HR couple could shine...

They are not that ugly, Comon!

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 08:32 PM.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 08:31 PM.

Hahah... add me to the pile of people who find HR interesting and GJ... so-so...

I definitely like LOCH for the amazing side characters- the 4 Greats with Zhou Butong are my favorites, followed by YK and HR...

But in terms of grabbing me by the heart and never letting me go after nearly 30 years, it would have to be the first time I watched Tony Leung's version of HSDS. Those Wudang warrior-uncles of his and the scintillating Zhaomin will always be my first love in wuxia!

I'm psyched for this version for only one reason: Micheal Mui as Huang Yaoshi.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 08:31 PM.

yeah, i'm also looking forward to the 5+1 Greats in 2017 (cos I always thought of Zhou Botong as one of the Greats). In watching LOCH 2008, I realised that I don't really fancy the 2008 version. Certainly pales in comparison to the 1983 version. I'm holding my breath for the 2017 ver, cos I liked him as the Emperor's younger brother in Langya Bang.

Here's another of GJ with no bangs.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgsafe.org/2efcc6a4fb.jpeg')

and a quiz of something or other that wins you iPad mini (ver 1? ver 4??) if you can win:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgsafe.org/2f00a6b0fd.jpeg')