Thread: Deun Yin Hing working for Hsi Hsia - a bad look for his hypothetical subjects?

Default Deun Yin Hing working for Hsi Hsia - a bad look for his hypothetical subjects?

Because he lacked the resources to overthrow his cousin, King Deun Jing Ming, and claim the Dali throne, Deun Yin Hing hired himself and the other three Great Evils out to the Hsi Hsia Kingdom to be key fighters in Hsi Hsia's elite task force, the 1 Bun Tong. Undoubtedly, the deal was something along the lines of the Four Great Evils assisting Hsi Hsia in return for future troop support when DYH was ready to take over the Dali Kingdom.

Even if Deun Yin Hing had succeeded in claiming the throne of Dali through this arrangement, however, wouldn't it be a very bad look for a ruler of Dali? Essentially, such an arrangement would make Dali a vassal state of Hsi Hsia, which I'm pretty sure the citizens of Dali would not have been keen on supporting.

From Xixia's perspective, unless it has intentions and capability to capture Dali, it will not go into this deal. Dali will become a vassal state of Xixia. And the new Dali king will just be a figurehead/representative/governor.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    From Xixia's perspective, unless it has intentions and capability to capture Dali, it will not go into this deal. Dali will become a vassal state of Xixia. And the new Dali king will just be a figurehead/representative/governor.
    Indeed, but a hypothetical Dali King Deun Yin Hing would struggle to win and maintain the trust and loyalty of his subjects if they knew he had basically sold out the country to Hsi Hsia in exchange for his throne.

Did DYQ actually still harbour intentions to reclaim the throne, though? I thought he just wanted to make the current king's life a misery and ruin them, but never realistically thought that he could get his throne. I don't think he ever expected DZM to abdicate and give him the throne when he made the demand, but just wanted to torture him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Did DYQ actually still harbour intentions to reclaim the throne, though? I thought he just wanted to make the current king's life a misery and ruin them, but never realistically thought that he could get his throne. I don't think he ever expected DZM to abdicate and give him the throne when he made the demand, but just wanted to torture him.
    His intentions are clearer at the beginning - that's why there is a rebellion.