Page 95 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2269

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

Hi there Piyemingo,

Every time I see ZZR, I remember her as the evil lady from the Ten Miles Peach Blossom drama. That was my least favorite character along with the red fox played by Dilara something. I'm not quite sure why the rave about her beauty, she's pretty, but not the prettiest ZZR. Yukee ZM steal the scene in all of her appearances, from glamorous to peasant, from flirty to angry, Yukee nailed all emotions and expression to the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    Hi there Piyemingo,

Every time I see ZZR, I remember her as the evil lady from the Ten Miles Peach Blossom drama. That was my least favorite character along with the red fox played by Dilara something. I'm not quite sure why the rave about her beauty, she's pretty, but not the prettiest ZZR. Yukee ZM steal the scene in all of her appearances, from glamorous to peasant, from flirty to angry, Yukee nailed all emotions and expression to the spot.
    She won me with her half-smile covered with the fan, in the trailer. To me, that's the essence of ZM captured in one scene. Pushed me to decide to watch the show!

Bambi is the photogenic type who will shine on posters, but she struggles to play out the complicated emotions when the scene requires. All her scenes, even the climax one like SQS' death, feel like she is trying hard to emote, but it just doesnt reach that level of 'feel'. Whereas Yukee looks more like the girl-next-door type on photos, but she has a naturally-born lively expression that can easily portray emotions. I like to observe ppl emotions when I watch dramas, so I like to play this game of covering half the face and just looking at the actor's face from the eyes upwards. Try it - you will understand what I mean.

One example scene is in the sequence where ZWJ burst inside ZM room at Shaolin to tell her that they have won the Mongol and she is free to leave the room. ZM expresssion changes from happy to worry in half a second. Just wow...

I only watch up to episode 46 in YouTube, so I'm enjoying all of the spoilers and speculations from members here.
    Yukee got the role of ZM for a reason, Tang Yang believed she can handle it. Bambi is with Yang Mi's company. I actually don't mind Bambi playing another villain role. She know how to market herself very well too.
    Who's shipping for Joseph and Yukee to be a couple in real life now? Their face structures are quite similar, they looked lovely together ❤️❤️

Haha yeah everyone keeps saying they have a couple look, plus Joseph is tall and huge while Yukee is small and petite. Too bad their age and personality just didn't match, and the two are just at the start of their career, so, nope - ship has sinked even before it sails -.-'' I do hope they act together in future dramas though, these 2 have seriously good chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by piyemingo View Post
    I do feel that ZWJ loves ZM as much as ZM loves him. Just that ZM is the more direct one, whereas ZWJ only shows through his actions, not words. He always cares for her in the tiniest of acts, and when no one else is around or when ZM doesn't know (e.g. the apples at Snake island, lending her the shoulder at the cave).

ZWJ is nicknamed "Zhang-Always-Break-Promise" because he never does what he says:
    -"Girls and guys cannot touch each other" --> carry, grab shoulder, touch feet
    -Promised he will kill ZM at the first glance --> spend the night in a cave
    -After leaving the inn where XX disappeared "After tonight, I won't care about your death or alive" --> save her 100x times from his bros, family, fiancee, enemies, etc.
    -After wedding "I wont be with you this whole life" --> the next time "i want to be with you this whole life"

The only promises he has successfully kept are showing her the Dragon Sabre, not marrying ZZR and getting her some friends at her tombstone
    This is VERY true about WJ talked and action. He did everything he said above with his ACTION.

Hi there Piyemingo,

Same sentiments
    I could not understand which part of ZZR is beautiful that warrant the praise of "most beautiful zZR ever"

Like seriously??

Yukee is so much prettier. Her acting is very versatile. I saw so many sides of her in ZM

Emotional side
    Flirty side
    Playful nature
    Humourous too
    Jealousy
    One who love deeply
    Smart and witty, with some cunning vibe
    Her soft side and sadness make me feel for her.

There you go. Couple look at its finest.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i65.tinypic.com/35jc678.jpg')

Actual purpose of this tombstone - marriage certificate.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i63.tinypic.com/2d7hfrp.jpg')

I only watch up to episode 46 in YouTube, so I'm enjoying all of the spoilers and speculations from members here.
    Yukee got the role of ZM for a reason, Tang Yang believed she can handle it. Bambi is with Yang Mi's company. I actually don't mind Bambi playing another villain role. She know how to market herself very well too.
    Who's shipping for Joseph and Yukee to be a couple in real life now? Their face structures are quite similar, they looked lovely together ❤️❤️
    I wish they are real couple!!

There you go. Couple look at its finest.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i65.tinypic.com/35jc678.jpg')

Actual purpose of this tombstone - marriage certificate.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i63.tinypic.com/2d7hfrp.jpg')
    U guess what
    I cried so hard at the tombstone scene

Quote Originally Posted by 黄蓉huangrong View Post
    Same sentiments
    I saw so many sides of her in ZM

Emotional side
    Flirty side
    Playful nature
    Humourous too
    Jealousy
    One who love deeply
    Plus her sarcasm is top-notch.

If I'm to recommend, I'd select the hotpot sequence (including the legendary shadow handholding scene) and the 2 episodes of ZM at Ming sect after beheading. These 2 are able to capture the complex emotional range of this character.

Talking about hotpot, I just watch that sequence and these lines comes up:
    ZM: What if, one day, I am willing to get rid my status as duchess and you are no longer leader of Ming sect...
    ZWJ: If that day comes true, I'd like to be free, don a doctor's coat and save people's lives.
    ZM: If there is ever that day, I want you to bring me to travel the world.

Oh man... the feel. so much sacrifice to be made for that "if" to come true.

Same sentiments
    I could not understand which part of ZZR is beautiful that warrant the praise of "most beautiful zZR ever"

Like seriously??

Yukee is so much prettier. Her acting is very versatile. I saw so many sides of her in ZM
    Because beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Like seriously?? You don't question other people's standard of beauty. And better acting (which is in the eyes of the beholder too) doesn't necessarily have anything to do with appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuan Qiao View Post
    Tadaaaaaa

click to show/hide spoilers
    click to show/hide spoilers
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i68.tinypic.com/103wtnr.jpg')
    Spw/sod style ending or roch/loch type

Hi there Piyemingo,

Despite policy, racism, and self awareness of these i forgot what I read, but nazha, Dilbera, and Bambi are rising stars with first two getting massive reach online getting ads and sponsor deals. Despite minority isn't really received well based on english articles i read of the situation. Ironically, they're popular and exotically unapproachable. The mixed Eurasia is quite demanding with likes of angelababy and mixed looking fan bing bing doing so well post wedding and tax evasion scandals.

Hi there Piyemingo,

I think yukee lines were redubbed by her again or autotune filter added because her voice were deep bts. It seems ancient series did it a lot. Liyitong sounds more like herself in recent net drama bloody romance than loch. Also, isn't Bambi Manchu ethnic like Kathy chow. She got that doll look, which perceive as goddess like to her sheep soldier army fan. Maybe she will play mejie in another 25 years as a villain.

I can never tell ZZR's feelings based on the actress' face.
    Sung was pitying her. She kind of too, but used it as a way to hurt zwj as well as you can say bring justice to her since she's not a spy.

I do feel that ZWJ loves ZM as much as ZM loves him. Just that ZM is the more direct one, whereas ZWJ only shows through his actions, not words. He always cares for her in the tiniest of acts, and when no one else is around or when ZM doesn't know (e.g. the apples at Snake island, lending her the shoulder at the cave).

ZWJ is nicknamed "Zhang-Always-Break-Promise" because he never does what he says:
    -"Girls and guys cannot touch each other" --> carry, grab shoulder, touch feet
    -Promised he will kill ZM at the first glance --> spend the night in a cave
    -After leaving the inn where XX disappeared "After tonight, I won't care about your death or alive" --> save her 100x times from his bros, family, fiancee, enemies, etc.
    -After wedding "I wont be with you this whole life" --> the next time "i want to be with you this whole life"

The only promises he has successfully kept are showing her the Dragon Sabre, not marrying ZZR and getting her some friends at her tombstone
    Actually i feel that, the other time, after the wedding clash, he was purposefully being harsh to her.
    And purposefully tell her " If you think i save you, is because I still had feelings for you, then you are wrong, you better not hold that idea. I don't want to be with you forever !!"
    Then do you remember her reply? She said, " My heart is long dead"
    Then there is a 3 seconds silent for ZWJ, he has a stunned reaction, and he blink his eye for a brief moment, trying to recover from the shockness that ZM said her heart for him is dead.
    That was brilliant ! Brilliant portrayal of ZWJ's love for her.
    He is angry with her not because of wedding clash, but because she risk her life like that, and he want to protect her by rejecting her. Yet he feel sad because her heart is dead
    hahahahahha

So much to say!

Like others I LOVE the graveyard scene, the best one to date- Agreed Mandred that Joseph OWED that one. This is the type of angst level that 1994 aspired to but failed because they ended up doing over the top rather than controlled and under-stated. Joseph at 20 is already quite the amazingly nuanced actor and I can't wait to see him shine in other roles as well!

@Tifftiff, hahaha... well, I'm all for it if they have a reel to real life relationship, and even if it's unlikely, there's no harm in us dreaming is there? Bring on the fan-crazy-shipping!!

Same sentiments

Like seriously??

Emotional side
    Flirty side
    Playful nature
    Humourous too
    Jealousy
    One who love deeply

She is indeed a versatile actress
    one that had several expressions in just one screen, totally agree with you piyemingo

I don't think there's that much completions, but viewership ratings is kind of low. Consider there are series with lesser rating, but star more influence a lister to more reach from the idol like fighter of destiny also star Zwj's actor.
    Also,people might be turn off my classic bring remade as well as bad remakes like last year. I don't see any series beating yang mi blossom series, which also star Bambi, which reach a record of 60 billions. I think Bambi is under yang mi self invested agency or studio now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by laurenhuang View Post
    She is indeed a versatile actress
    one that had several expressions in just one screen, totally agree with you piyemingo
    On weibo, she already surpassed zwj and zzr in followers. Btw it's bambi zhu birthday yesterday,