Thread: What's the most crazy thing you've done in your life?

Default What's the most crazy thing you've done in your life?

Divide into:

A crazy thing you've regretted doing.

A crazy thing you're glad that you did it.

Potential crazy things that you are seriously considering.

A crazy thing that you almost done but pulled out last minute, because...
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Resigned from a miserable job and spend all money traveling half across the World, returning home broke and face the music.
    May my Earendil be Light in your Darkness when others Died out.

Going into a class and wishing everyone "Merry Christmas", and realised that I went in the wrong class. Can this be considered "crazy"? Possibly a "foolish" act?

Wasted... I mean spent, about 10,950 hours, or 13% of my life, on SPCNET, in the last 10 years.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Wasted... I mean spent, about 10,950 hours, or 13% of my life, on SPCNET, in the last 10 years.
    It's only been 8 years, where did you get the other two years from?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I didn't think it was crazy but everyone says it was. I relocated to another country by myself and lived there alone for some time. I had relatives there...but they dislike me...even though I'm still considered a "child" in our culture.

I'm considering basing my graduate school studies in a field that will possibly require me to live in another country where I have no relatives [I think], don't speak the language, and doesn't care for Americans.

Agree to an arranged marriage...good thing I didn't or else I would not have been able to do #1 and consider #2 haha

There has been only one great regret in my life. It was not something crazy though so I won't mention it here haha
    I like me.

Divide into:

I can't remember now.... or maybe there's none. If it was something crazy, I'm likely to warn myself not to do it. If I were to do it, it's likely that I won't regret.

Agreed to ex-Mrs Boss's plan, and help her to separate the adulterous couple (Mr Boss and his mistress) while I'm clearly aware that WHO IS the one who issues my monthly salary.

Backpack tour in Europe....... Alone!! (But reality says I have no $$$)

Things like Bungy jump, Skydive and thrill ride experiences are all considered extremely sane and normal stuff even if others may beg to differ.

Flying to Germany...... by plane, not broomsticks.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

1. A crazy thing you've regretted doing:
    Dropped out of college and moved away from home to marry a man I'd only known for a few months.

3. A crazy thing you're glad that you did it.
    Spent a month in Japan with a group of people I'd never met before.

2. Potential crazy things that you are seriously considering.
    Going back to college to pursue a second degree, in Chinese.

4. A crazy thing that you almost done but pulled out last minute, because...
    Almost had an extramarital affair during the marriage in #1, but I realized he was just taking advantage of me because I was going through a rough time.
    Last edited by sniffles; 07-31-10 at 01:29 AM.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

1. probably none, since almost all things i'd done led me to experience something new, so i guess i dont particularly regret anything i'd done, crazy or not.

2. im not sure if 'glad' is the word, but getting stuffed in various 'experiences' (some not very good) was still something that i wouldnt mind having so at least i have a vast bank to tap on when i try to 'imagine' something. on the side note, i really enjoyed freaking the medical personnels in a psych ward i was briefly locked up in because they were so used to crackpots that it amused me to make crazy demands just to get them flustered.

3. erm, i dont wanna do crazy stuff anymore, so im not considering any....reformed, turn over a new leaf Lucre.

4. don't really remember either. i have rather short-termed memory when it comes to insignificant things.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Wow, crazy things indeed! I'll add to the fire:

Fell in love with my best friend, put both of us in awkward situation, with no easy way out.

2. A crazy thing you're glad that you did it.
    Smoke marijuana. I always considered this an absolute-no, but the experience turned out rewarding. I suffer from low self esteem (LSE); while high, I gain incredible confidence and creativity that greatly improve my interaction with others, and which I wish I naturally have.

3. Potential crazy things that you are seriously considering.
    Volunteer in Africa or other third world region.

can't think of any yet.

hope to hear more of your adventures

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Smoke marijuana. I always considered this an absolute-no, but the experience turned out rewarding. I suffer from low self esteem (LSE); while high, I gain incredible confidence and creativity that greatly improve my interaction with others, and which I wish I naturally have.
    You'd better be pulling a fast one here!

---

On topic:

None so far.

I've done a lot of seemingly crazy things, including volunteering in Africa , quitting a well-paying job without any savings and not having another job ready, taking a busload of parents and toddlers below 2 years old from one country to another just to visit a farm and getting stuck for 2 hours at Immigration because one of the kids didn't have the right travel documents, gave the keys of my apartment to a friend who had drug/mental health issues and could potentially hurt herself or others, etc, etc. So far (thank God), I've been unscathed, and with age catching up more quickly than I wish it would, I'm trying to be less crazy from now on.

3. Potential crazy things that you are seriously considering.
    Hmmm ... I haven't thought of anything yet.

Petition to have a lecturer removed (he didn't teach his course; he just skirted around it) while I was in college, but refrained because he was getting on in years and his kids were still in elementary school at that time. No point hurting the kids at that age.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Potential crazy things that you are seriously considering
    I might change this to "Potential crazy things that you WILL BE doing", which will be leaving my current comfy job (which I seriously love it as far as environment, travel convenience, and colleagues are concerned.) and studying fulltime for 2 years, in obtaining a higher qualification and better recognized certification in Character Animation.

I would consider it rather crazy as I'm having more financial commitment and I will be paid way little than current job. It's a paid-studies scheme. It will be tough as far as living is concerned but that's fine. The studies will be tedious and time-consuming and we will go into the nitty-gritty of arts (conceptual art, video editing/production, studying anatomy on the POV of an artist, sculpting, filming, principles of animation and all alot of stuff within the arts realm). Meaning to say, it's likely that I won't have much of a life when most of my times will be spent in the classroom and studios. Though on top of every little worries, I have to mainly get worried about answering to a particular someone when this someone knows this change of mine, he/she's gonna get "WHATTT??? Are you CRAZY?? Blah blah...". We'll see.

I think it's important that I want to fulfill this which I have planned 3 years back (when I was financially crippled).
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-04-10 at 12:07 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I might change this to "Potential crazy things that you WILL BE doing", which will be leaving my current comfy job (which I seriously love it as far as environment, travel convenience, and colleagues are concerned.) and studying fulltime for 2 years, in obtaining a higher qualification and better recognized certification in Character Animation.

I would consider it rather crazy as I'm having more financial commitment and I will be paid way little than current job. It's a paid-studies scheme. It will be tough as far as living is concerned but that's fine. The studies will be tedious and time-consuming and we will go into the nitty-gritty of arts (conceptual art, video editing/production, studying anatomy on the POV of an artist, sculpting, filming, principles of animation and all alot of stuff within the arts realm). Meaning to say, it's likely that I won't have much of a life when most of my times will be spent in the classroom and studios. Though on top of every little worries, I have to mainly get worried about answering to a particular someone when this someone knows this change of mine, he/she's gonna get "WHATTT??? Are you CRAZY?? Blah blah...". We'll see.

I think it's important that I want to fulfill this which I have planned 3 years back (when I was financially crippled).
    you may be crazy, but life is very short. better to get it down now than whine years later you didn't do it when you still have the chance. money can be earned (so long as you don't mind living in not so comfortable situation for a very long time) but time can never turn back.

p.s.
    i suddenly remembered a very crazy incident to question no. 4. im not sure which is a more suitable word, crazy, or evil. but the ploy didn't go through, else i'd probably spent the rest of my life locked up - instead of doing occasional visits to the friendly local-asylum.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Crazy thing that I feel like doing...

Feeding the starving wild animals in Africa. I feel sad as I watch this teenage lion starving (brushing its sad face with it's big paws) as it failed to hunt down its prey on the Animal Night documentary.

Maybe it's this protective streak in me on animals.

I don't think these are considered crazy, but here it goes.

A crazy thing you've regretted doing. (how about regretted NOT doing?)
    - Study abroad for a semester while I was still taking General Education. It's harder now because I don't think that those schools really offer upper division courses for studying abroad students.

- Going to a more advanced ski/snowboard mountain even though it was only my second time snowboarding. Believe me, I couldn't even get my butt to stay off the ground for long, but it was adventurous and fun.

- Travel in Asia or Europe with a friend (or by myself if I'm brave enough). I sometime wished to be Oprah Winfrey rich. : /

- mmm. Can't think of one for now.