Thread: Random Thoughts II

Trained for cycling event on this March yesterday. I think we did 20km.... I think. I need a new bicycle...

What did u guys do on a 1st day of 2012?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    1st day: nothing memorable
    2nd day: bike ride in below-freezing, snow-blowing weather with 200+ other cyclists. Found out winter riding isn't so bad (well, it was bad today, but it was also the coldest day of the winter yet). Great fun!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Chinese health balls make good hammers.

In 2011, there were 5 feasible places I could visit, and I planned to visit at least 2. Ended up not visiting any of them. Hope to change that in 2012.

I'm BACK!!
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Trained for cycling event on this March yesterday. I think we did 20km.... I think. I need a new bicycle...

I went exercising - cleaning homes of old uncles/aunties.

One of the worst things about the Internet is that if you have a bad experience with it, a record of it is usually available for people to revisit for all eternity.

Is it harder to form deep and meaningful friendships as an adult? Or people just need to invest more time to create trust and understanding and thus those deep friendship follow after?

Two of my closest friends are moving farther away because of their life choices either for work or a certain personal need. One will move back to the motherland and the other is moving with her husband to further their career. In the future, there will be less occasions where we'll meet and talk like before. Now, I'm faced with losing two of my dearest friends. Finding new friends or existing friends that have the same degree of closeness and trust is hard.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Is it harder to form deep and meaningful friendships as an adult? Or people just need to invest more time to create trust and understanding and thus those deep friendship follow after?
    For me, deep and meaningful friendships were formed when I was an adult. It was easier for me to make friends in my younger years because of school, but those friendships were surface level at best. Similar to your situation, my close friends all moved away for whatever reason. They left a void. I'm sure I can have the same type of friendships with new people if I just open up and invest more in it, but I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    For me, deep and meaningful friendships were formed when I was an adult. It was easier for me to make friends in my younger years because of school, but those friendships were surface level at best. Similar to your situation, my close friends all moved away for whatever reason. They left a void. I'm sure I can have the same type of friendships with new people if I just open up and invest more in it, but I don't.
    You guys are fortunate. I tend to make friends with people who end up stabbing me in the back.

Not *all* of them, thank goodness, but *way* too many.

Friends come and go. It is very difficult indeed to find a true friend - someone who you know will help you when you need.

Two of my closest friends are moving farther away because of their life choices either for work or a certain personal need. One will move back to the motherland and the other is moving with her husband to further their career. In the future, there will be less occasions where we'll meet and talk like before. Now, I'm faced with losing two of my dearest friends. Finding new friends or existing friends that have the same degree of closeness and trust is hard.
    It's always hard- especially with the demands on time by career, and others.

You can only do your best to maintain and strengthen a relationship.

How much you get depends on how much that you put in.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

A LOT OF OLD FACES STILL HERE WOW!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

She's saying "Love is like a barren place. Reaching out for human faith is like a journey I just don't have a map for."

What a great song.

I missed you all very much.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I missed you all very much.
    Whatever! You never called to say......that at all.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I help to clean 50 homes finally.

Only recently I found out that beside Sun Sign (the one we usually see in horoscope), we also have Moon Sign and Ascendant Sign. Moon Sign supposed to reveal your inner personality and subconscious mind.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-20-12 at 02:43 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I think people just lose their innocence more and more as they get older.

Then there are ppl like me who will probably never fully grow up. That may sound bad, but I like that I still have a child-like innocence that allows me to enjoy things we loved younger. Like making a high pitched scream when I get excited.
    Last edited by PJ; 01-20-12 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Only recently I found out that beside Sun Sign (the one we usually see in horoscope), we also Moon Sign and Ascendant Sign. Moon Sign supposed to reveal your inner personality and subconscious mind.
    hehehehe, do you know your signs? I am a Taurus Sun, Capricorn Moon, and Aquarius Ascendant.

Whatever! You never called to say......that at all.
    LOL Oddly...that is exactly what my dad said. <3
    I like me.