Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Yang Rong (杨蓉)

Yikes @
    click to show/hide spoilers
    the whole abortion sequence. I get why ZYL doesn't want to let her go, but why is the grandma so insistent on making her stay? YR consummated her "marriage" to Purba, so I would think that she'd become unwanted after that, especially because she never consummated w/ ZYL. And it's not like there's a lack of spouses for ZYL considering all the girls throwing themselves at him and how easily guilt-tripped he is.

I still like ZYL's story with YR but it's been hard to watch given how miserable YR is stuck in that house.
    I also still believe in the sisterhood! The sister is evil sometimes, but I think she has really gone out of her way to help YR so far.. I think she genuinely cares for YR (esp because of the guilt), it's just that there's an extent as to how much she can care before she starts becoming resentful, and I find it understandable. She's miserable, too, but YR's misery level is pretty high so it overshadows hers.

Edit: hmmmm, I didn't really find her wanting to leave /that/ disrespectful. It wasn't like they were engaged for a long time, it was like a one-day kind of thing, so it didn't feel like she had that much obligation to them. They were practically strangers. Plus, they never went through with the wedding, and she was gone for months.
    Last edited by lambayyx; 07-12-14 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lambayyx View Post
    Edit: hmmmm, I didn't really find her wanting to leave /that/ disrespectful. It wasn't like they were engaged for a long time, it was like a one-day kind of thing, so it didn't feel like she had that much obligation to them. They were practically strangers. Plus, they never went through with the wedding, and she was gone for months.
    I get what you are saying, but if she felt that she didn't have any obligation then why did she go to their house in the first place? Wouldn't it be easier to just leave town after she's cure of her sickness and they wouldn't have to see or hear from her at all? I'm sure they wouldn't care that much since they thought she was dead and he's already married. But since she went over, moved in, and announce as his wife to the elders. She leaving like that is just inconsiderate (IMO). If not thinking about him, but think of the older folks who's been kind to her

I'm starting to get a little annoyed with YR's character. It started out good, with her being fiesty and strong. And I could understand why the male leads would fall for her, but in these few episodes it seems like she lost that charm and now being soft/weak damsel in distress kind of character. Why were they in love with her again? LOL. I understand ZYL loved her at first sight, but it still unbelievable that he would be hopelessly in love like that. I wished they would have develop more of her character, show more of her uniqueness to justify the love she's been getting from the two men.

Another thing I don't get. While she was with Purba, she knew he was going to assassinate her "sister's-first wife" father right? She met the nice man, and it's her sister's father, and he gave her a medallion (I think to excuse all punishment kind of thing?). She didn't try to persuade Purba or stop him from going, regardless of who ordered him to do it. So when Purba got caught, she uses the man's medallion, the man Purba tried to kill to try to save Purba? Where is her compassion? Or was I just misunderstanding the scene?

Not hating on YR here, just trying to understand the character...LOL

You should also prepare yourself for a side of the husband you have not seen yet around YR. He is quite cruel once he finds out that she is pregnant with child.
    Call me crazy, but I actually enjoy watching them fight. Oh all the angst!

But danggggggggggggggg.....the husband from the movie version wasn't this cruel. The more he loves her the more he tortured her!
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 07-13-14 at 02:08 AM.

Liu Xiao Xiao,
    I think the movie ending affected me so much because she pretty much died due to how much they both loved her. There was no way to resolve it other than her dying because neither was going to just let her walk away with the other.
    If the ending is as I thought it would be, then Purba may think that killng ZYL will erase all problems but there is no way YR can go on living happily with Purba knowing that he killed ZYL. I would like to believe (and hope) that she sacrifices herself not only because she feels as if she owes ZYL something but because part of her loves him as well. I guess well have to wait and see.

Is it because we are SOOOOO bias that the moment YR and Purba meet again, it's just normal and not as touching like when YR/ZYL meet?
    Well ZYL finally found the unkown girl he fell in love with and it came as as a shock to him that she was the same woman he was supposed to marry, so I think this moment was supposed to have a stronger impact

I'm starting to get a little annoyed with YR's character. It started out good, with her being fiesty and strong. And I could understand why the male leads would fall for her, but in these few episodes it seems like she lost that charm and now being soft/weak damsel in distress kind of character.
    Thats what I was thinking! She hasnt been much fun to watch lately but considering there is not much she can do being stuck in that house she is actually quite strong for refusing to get rid of the baby. There is only so much one can take before falling physically ill.
    Anyways, hopefully she will revert back to her normal self once all this drama about the baby is over.

I understand ZYL loved her at first sight, but it still unbelievable that he would be hopelessly in love like that.
    But thats part of his appeal isnt it? It is hardly realistic but its still appealing that when he falls in love, he falls so intensely. Taking into consideration that this is a drama of course! This would be so unhealthy in real life

Another thing I don't get. While she was with Purba, she knew he was going to assassinate her "sister's-first wife" father right? She didn't try to persuade Purba or stop him from going, regardless of who ordered him to do it. So when Purba got caught, she uses the man's medallion, the man Purba tried to kill to try to save Purba? Where is her compassion? Or was I just misunderstanding the scene?
    Im not sure about this either. It does seem very out of character for her.

Call me crazy, but I actually enjoy watching them fight. Oh all the angst! But danggggggggggggggg.....the husband from the movie version wasn't this cruel. The more he loves her the more he tortured her!
    It is kind of exciting to watch them fight considering how gentle he has been with her and how polite and timid she has been with him. There is a fine line between love and hate. He hates her for falling in love with another man because this means he has no chance.

Lambayyx,
    I also think she genuinely cares for YR. She cried when she heard of her supposed death and she was often seen talking to YR in her head, but I think her jealousy will boil up and that will slowly change their relationship.

Watching ep.13

I often questioned myself if it weren't ZYL (as an actor), good-looking, how he portrayed the character and look as the character- if I would favor this character seeing how bad he treated her after finding out everything. My answer would still be YES! I mean, I loved the husband in the movie and he's not nearly as good-looking, not being as bold/cold, way less cruel (not that I favored more cruelty). It's his persistent and dedication of what he did for her out of love that really touches you at the end.

I'm glad Mister Cool is back. I understand we had to see that love sick side of him to show how much he truly loves her. As I've mention, the husband in the series is more cruel and cold than in the movie and it's not necessarily a bad thing imo. I loved that he's able to still push and shove out of his anger. Most men would be ever-so gentle, give in to the girl, and do as the girl pleases once they get the her back. Nope not him! For example, him forcing the medicine on her. He had his stone face coming into the room, force the medicine down her throat, got stabbed. Still no emotion. Then still able to yell at her. Then when she tried to kill herself, he forced the scissor out of her hand, and pushed her aside!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/bd7269f4gw1eibqbvkxw1j20m02dtqgg.jpg')

At this point, he would be hated as a character and most people/fans probably should...LOL.

Question, does anybody know what they want with Purba's character, why they want/kept him alive? Using him to get info on his step-father?
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 07-13-14 at 10:07 PM.

Making of a Beauty

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/4827a92djw1ei9xjw9b68j20p50zkths.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6ebfd2a8jw1eibfu4guq0j20no0vkdma.jpg')

He is not merely love sick, he looks to be absolutely out of his mind in love in one particular scene. I should hate him but I can't because I know how much it hurts him to be cruel against her.

I'm not sure why they are keeping Purba alive. Maybe they think of him as an valuable asset?

lambayyx,

I guess that picture of ZYL and YR in their wedding outfit was not from the modern series, it's actually QDSS. And looks like they will eventually have a wedding?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1eicao3dfm5j20hs0owgng.jpg')

OMG...YR's acting was soooo good during the giving birth, and the torturing scenes by the grandmother and wives in epi. 20th.

And she gets better the rest of the series. Seriously, I wished all the cast of this series would get well recognized as they deserve it so much. And I mean everybody-Alina (1st wife), 3rd wife, the mother, even the maids!!! And of course the three leads. It's like I could feel the pain each one was going through!!
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 07-15-14 at 01:05 AM.

Sooooooooo beautiful!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/7a900a2fgw1eidcy048t1j20gd0b4mys.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/7a900a2fgw1eidcy1x92wj20g509gwgi.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/7a900a2fgw1eidcy3zc2ij20gj09fjtc.jpg')

I'm really starting to dislike the 1st wife. What a pain.
    Ah. ZYL let YR go how in the world will they eventually get married after this? I can't imagine him wanting to force her into a wedding after he has finally let her go.

I don't care if she turns to be the maid, ZYL still got to kiss YR

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/005uGDuKgw1eidxz4kxsqg309g05ee83.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/005uGDuKgw1eidxzhbo6lg309g05uqv8.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/005uGDuKgw1eidxzxeo7ug30au072b2e.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/005uGDuKgw1eidy0l8b62g30au08ob2h.gif')

Quote Originally Posted by hjelp View Post
    I'm really starting to dislike the 1st wife. What a pain.
    She's a very complex character. It was only a matter of time before she cracks. Though time she cares and worry for YR, but deep down she's still very envious. I think most of the characters in this series created their own miseries...LOL

hjelp, are you still watching from the same uploader from tudou? I know that the videos have been pulled because of copy right reason and that she gave access to her private account to watch. But in order for me to watch I had to download the files...and it took forever. So I had to resort to the youtube videos. Though it skips scenes, I think the quality of the picture are slightly better. If anybody interested in watching it on youtube.

Aside:
    I know we refer to ZYL as the 2nd male lead, but it's actually debateable. Because it seems the majority of the series revolved around him and his household, his love, his miseries, his wives, etc. And I felt Purba is more of a supporting character
    Last edited by aiYRong; 07-16-14 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aiYRong View Post

hjelp, are you still watching from the same uploader from tudou? I know that the videos have been pulled because of copy right reason and that she gave access to her private account to watch. But in order for me to watch I had to download the files...and it took forever. So I had to resort to the youtube videos. Though it skips scenes, I think the quality of the picture are slightly better. If anybody interested in watching it on youtube.

Aside:
    I know we refer to ZYL as the 2nd male lead, but it's actually debateable. Because it seems the majority of the series revolved around him and his household, his love, his miseries, his wives, etc. And I felt Purba is more of a supporting character
    Hello and welcome to you

I also cannot access the files without downloading so I'm actually watching the series live. The picture quality is decent on youtube but it does skip scenes and there seems to be issues with the sound. This really disturbs the watching process.

Well there is no doubt that ZYL is gettting the most screentime but Purba is credited before ZYL and his character is loved by the heroine throughout, so I guess that's why we refer to him as the main male lead. Even if Zhi Xia (YR) ended up loving Chirui (ZYL) at the end, I would still classify him as the second lead who got the girl Sadly, that's not going to happen. Sigh, I am suffering so much from second lead syndrome in this series that I'm slowly losing interest. I can't comprehend what's so great about Xiang Tian (Purba) that he is able to hold the affection of Zhi Xia for sooo long and at the same time prevent her from even considering Chirui just a tiny bit. Even when they get back together, I don't think that Xiang Tian treats her half as well as Chirui. He also does not seem to be even close to loving Zhi Xia as much as Chirui.

Even if Zhi Xia (YR) ended up loving Chirui (ZYL) at the end, I would still classify him as the second lead who got the girl. Sadly, that's not going to happen.
    There had got to be a reason/point for this madness though. It would be a waste if the series didn't deplict the love of one man to one woman whole heartedly, and he got absolutely nothing out of it? I don't really care if he got the girl, but at the least her heart at the end. Even if she ended up with Xiang Tian I would be okay with that.

I can't comprehend what's so great about Xiang Tian (Purba) that he is able to hold the affection of Zhi Xia for sooo long and at the same time prevent her from even considering Chirui just a tiny bit.
    Given her situation, she did think he killed her love. And majoirty of the time, he's been cruel....so yeah, how could she even consider loving him...LOL

About Xiang Tian and Zhi Xia. This is another charactistic faulty here. I mean, Xiang Tian is a good guy, to his village and people, but isn't he barbaric? Everytime the bandits went on a raid, they killed innocent people and yet Zhi Xia didn't find anything wrong with this? It would be different if he was like Robin Hood, stealing from the rich to give to the poor and not hurt anybody along the way. I could see her falling in love with such a wonderful guy and cannot forget him. If I were her, I would have fallen in love with the good-looking well dressed guy I saved at the beginning....

There had got to be a reason/point for this madness though. It would be a waste if the series didn't deplict the love of one man to one woman whole heartedly, and he got absolutely nothing out of it? I don't really care if he got the girl, but at the least her heart at the end. Even if she ended up with Xiang Tian I would be okay with that.

Given her situation, she did think he killed her love. And majoirty of the time, he's been cruel....so yeah, how could she even consider loving him...LOL

About Xiang Tian and Zhi Xia. This is another charactistic faulty here. I mean, Xiang Tian is a good guy, to his village and people, but isn't he barbaric? Everytime the bandits went on a raid, they killed innocent people and yet Zhi Xia didn't find anything wrong with this? It would be different if he was like Robin Hood, stealing from the rich to give to the poor and not hurt anybody along the way. I could see her falling in love with such a wonderful guy and cannot forget him. If I were her, I would have fallen in love with the good-looking well dressed guy I saved at the beginning....
    I totally agree! I don't care about her ending up with Xiang Tian, I just want part of her heart to belong to Chirui. It's so frustrating as a viewer to follow this well developed 2nd male lead and his journey with the heroine without getting any kind of payback. They keep showing scenes that make us sympathize with Chirui, yet they expect us to be satisfied with an ending in which the heroine couldn't care less about him? At this point, how the series ends is so crucial for my poor heart.

I do remember thinking why Xiang Tian would care about saving Zhi Xia when it seemed like he didn't care about many other civilians who where in the crossfire. There was so much potential in the love story between the two of them but it feels so flat now in comparison to RuiXia. Chirui is without a doubt the more developed character of the two male leads and thus the one viewers will understand the most. I expected to be more conflicted about who to root for but it has honestly been a no brainer for a long time.

I did a quick skim of epi. 25-27.

O.M.G...., the throwing baby into the well scene was sooooo good. I was wondering how they would top the scene from the movie version, but danggggg, it exceeded my expectation. KUDOs to YR and ZYL again for their superb acting! LOVE..love..love the part where she was choking, hitting, biting him...so much angst!

Well there is no doubt that ZYL is gettting the most screentime but Purba is credited before ZYL and his character is loved by the heroine throughout, so I guess that's why we refer to him as the main male lead. Even if Zhi Xia (YR) ended up loving Chirui (ZYL) at the end, I would still classify him as the second lead
    Nope...nope..nope. In this series, I refused..you hear me...refused to accept him as 2nd lead . He have more screen time than anybody else and way overshadow Purba. Remember how I said way back when watching the movie? I always considered the husband the lead because even in the movie it's all about the husband. And who said the male lead will always get the love from the heroine? I think Purba was introduced first was because he's more popular, already a household name...so they need to sell him off as male lead.

Don't say/convince anymore...I'm not gonna listen to you..LOL.

OH! I liked that few scenes of them actually being sweet to each other-- when he told her he will let her go. And fed her the soup/desert and she tearing up. That must have been his happiness moment. So nice to see him finally smile since it's so rare

Then the divorce paper...just heartbreaking, soooooo bitter sweet....

Okayyyyyy.....I teared up!! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t4/appstyle/expression/ext/normal/64/lxhtongku_thumb.gif')

Awwwwwwww....ZYL just posted this! And said something along the line of: When you love a person, you do not have to have her. There is afterlife....
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/5f034df1jw1eifo1flqhkj218g0tm45k.jpg')

LOL...RongLong's fans' are so cute
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/69beb202jw1eifhxk5fk6j20e40jqgo4.jpg')
    Last edited by aiYRong; 07-17-14 at 01:02 AM.

Official Stills of "Making of a Beauty"

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e574ade5jw1eifjxpjubnj20qe0hl79t.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e574ade5jw1eifjxpbgeyj20qe0hlgpa.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e574ade5jw1eifjxq6k6vj20qe0f3jye.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e574ade5jw1eifjxpynxbj20hl0qejxc.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e574ade5jw1eifjxogw4rj20hl0qedke.jpg')

I wish the synopsis, male lead, and YR's character would be differet than described in this series

NOTE: I had few posts before this one, but it went to the mods for approval but they haven't approved it yet. No, i wasn't using vulgar languages or anything. I posted picture updates and I guess those needed approvals

I totally agree! I don't care about her ending up with Xiang Tian,
    Well, it seems like there's a reason why their wedding didn't go through. Like it's a sign that they're not meant to be?
    Another sign, they always end up bickering about Chirui. Also, I see Chirui more loving to Yoyo than Xiang Tian.

I expected to be more conflicted about who to root for but it has honestly been a no brainer for a long time.
    This would have been the case if they developed Xiang Tian and Zhi Xia's relationship more intensely at the beginning....like, they've shown they truly went through thick and thin together, and they deserve to find true love at the end. But NOPE! All I remembered was him always bringing her back to the village. She stayed in the village--not much interaction in the village, if I may add. Then boom! When he returned her to town, they missed each other and find that they have feelings for each other? Really? UGH!

Watching the last few epi. 28-32, I kinda wished Chirui would ignore Zhi Xia. Just to let her see he can let her go in mind and in heart (though we know he couldn't). I just want her to realize she does LOVE him without realizing she does!!! Too much to ask?

And you're right. Coming back to Xiang Tian doesn't seem to be all that wonderful. He seems like a jerk to be honest (okay, I take into consideration that I would be mad too if I see my wife still hanging around her ex). And yet, the heroine is all trying to please him and such. And I'm annoyed by her at this moment Heck, leave both men. She'll be more at peace I'd say....lol

But what about the wedding picture posted earlier? She was in a wedding gown?

I think I may have changed my mind about Purba's acting. I found some of his scenes not realistic and forced. Pale in comparison to ZYL and YR's. And this is by no mean because I favor the other two. When I was watching him drinking on the steps couple time drowning in his sorrows...it looked like he's just bored..lol
    Last edited by aiYRong; 07-18-14 at 12:32 AM.

YRs whole aura is so very different as Zhi Xia compared to her more domineering previous roles. It took some time getting used to but she does a very good job. She also sounds so different as Zhi Xia. Even when she yells and screams it sounds nothing like her previous roles (i.e. Gong III and Legend of Lu Zhen). ZYLs acting is also clearly superior to Purbas. It may look like ZYL is a bad actor since he is stone faced much of the time but thats just part of his character. On the other hand, ZYL is very expressive when Chirui is supposed to show emotion.

NOTE: I had few posts before this one, but it went to the mods for approval but they haven't approved it yet. No, i wasn't using vulgar languages or anything. I posted picture updates and I guess those needed approvals
    Haha. I guess those pictures of them kissing were the ones that needed approval?

Don't say/convince anymore...I'm not gonna listen to you..LOL.
    Haha okay. I wont try to convince you otherwise anymore ZYL and Chirui comes first in my heart regardless of whether he is the 1st or 2nd lead anyway

Awwwwwwww....ZYL just posted this! And said something along the line of: When you love a person, you do not have to have her. There is afterlife....
    Aww man. Stop breaking my heart. We better get to see that afterlife!!
    RongLong is my new favourite pairing! Im so excited that we get to see them together again in My Love To Tell You. Although they probably wont end up together in that one either Some fans are pushing for them to collaborate a third time with a happy ending. Im all for it! Just poke a bit to the director of both QDSS and MLTTY and he will make it happen

OH! I liked that few scenes of them actually being sweet to each other-- when he told her he will let her go. And fed her the soup/desert and she tearing up. That must have been his happiness moment. So nice to see him finally smile since it's so rare
    I know right? When Chirui is sweet to her, he is so much more affectionate than Xiang Tian. Also, we hardly get any scenes of Xiang Tian caring for his baby and he is really mistrusting of Zhi Xia. I know it must be frustrating that she spends time with Chirui but she did divorce Chirui for a reason.

Watching the last few epi. 28-32, I kinda wished Chirui would ignore Zhi Xia. Just to let her see he can let her go in mind and in heart (though we know he couldn't). I just want her to realize she does LOVE him without realizing she does!!! Too much to ask?

Heck, leave both men. She'll be more at peace I'd say....lol
    Oh dont we know there is no way Chirui could ever ignore Zhi Xia. I was hoping that we would see Zhi Xia thinking back to her time with Chirui but so far there has been no signs that she has any feelings for him other than gratitude.

Haha. All her troubles really do come from being loved by the two of them. She is probably secretly cursing herself for being so lovable

But what about the wedding picture posted earlier? She was in a wedding gown?
    I think the wedding is still happening. Im just not sure if I want it to happen since Zhi Xia will probably go through with it unwillingly for whatever reason.

EDIT (spoilers)
    Ah, so it's because Xiang Tian wants to kill Zhi Xia's biological father. Chirui knows about this as well. Well I'm kind of relieved that Chirui didn't force her to do anything.
    Last edited by hjelp; 07-18-14 at 11:56 AM.

Skimmed through ep. 37.

YRs whole aura is so very different as Zhi Xia compared to her more domineering previous roles. It took some time getting used to but she does a very good job. She also sounds so different as Zhi Xia. Even when she yells and screams it sounds nothing like her previous roles (i.e. Gong III and Legend of Lu Zhen).
    Hmmm.....but we've seen her passive role in 锁梦楼 as well, but in this series she's more enhanced in her acting due to the complicated character. Though she's type cast as the domineering female antagonist (mostly in YZ's series), I'm glad she's also brilliant as the damsel in distress type roles as well.

In regards to sounding. It's her real voice in this series, whereas in the other ancient series I believe her voice were dubbed that's why it's different?

Ah, so it's because Xiang Tian wants to kill Zhi Xia's biological father. Chirui knows about this as well. Well I'm kind of relieved that Chirui didn't force her to do anything.
    I don't get it. Is she using Chirui as an excuse not to marry Xiang Tian because she knows what he's up to? And saying that she loves Chirui in front of Xiang Tian was just a lie? If true, it's not making me happy that she's marrying Chirui for that reason

I'm on episode 20 right now. I sorta wanna jump ship from this drama LOL. ZYL's character is unbearable now. I can't say that I would call his feelings for YR "love" anymore. She's miserable. No one wants in her in that house, she doesn't want to be in that house, but he traps her there for her to continue to be miserable and be tortured. I don't feel anything for YR and Purba either. I just want her to die already so that she can escape that house, considering that she can't seem to get away. I would be on board if she was merely content being with him, but she's not. She constantly begs him to let her go, and we already know that if it wasn't for the baby, she would have killed herself a long time ago. I feel like I could have rooted for him if he didn't spend the last 10 episodes catching her and imprisoning her after a bunch of attempts to escape. It reminds me of the dynamics btwn the main girl and the 2nd male lead in Butterfly Lovers.
    Last edited by lambayyx; 07-19-14 at 12:10 AM.