Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forums upgraded

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    About the new search, either I'm not using it right or it's absolutely junk. I can't find what I'm looking for, which would have been easily found using the old search.
    For some reason, the new search excludes things between 2004 and the date of the recent reboot. Basically, anything from beyond a certain point in 2004 to November, 2010 is now outside the search parameter.

Hopefully, this can be fixed.

I don't know if the previous version of the forum had this feature, but I was wondering if a feature such as "Threads I replied to" could be enabled. The "Sort threads by..." feature had a few options, but none for threads that I posted replies in. I had to look through the entire Wuxia Fiction forum to find a post I wrote - my search would have narrowed quite a lot if I could use that feature, since I don't post often in that section.

Just a thought.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    I don't know if the previous version of the forum had this feature, but I was wondering if a feature such as "Threads I replied to" could be enabled. The "Sort threads by..." feature had a few options, but none for threads that I posted replies in. I had to look through the entire Wuxia Fiction forum to find a post I wrote - my search would have narrowed quite a lot if I could use that feature, since I don't post often in that section.

Just a thought.
    @Junny: If you click on your username here in this thread, a thing would popup and give you the options of 'View Profile', 'Private Message', 'Add as friend', and 'View Forum Posts'. If you click on View Forum Posts, it would give you a page of all the posts you've made in SPCNET. It tells you which thread you replied in, I hope that helps. I think this is a feature for all people not just mods. But if you don't see that View Forum Posts option, let me know.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    @Junny: If you click on your username here in this thread, a thing would popup and give you the options of 'View Profile', 'Private Message', 'Add as friend', and 'View Forum Posts'. If you click on View Forum Posts, it would give you a page of all the posts you've made in SPCNET. It tells you which thread you replied in, I hope that helps. I think this is a feature for all people not just mods. But if you don't see that View Forum Posts option, let me know.
    Yes, that's fine if I want to search through all my posts (the feature works for me). But I just want to search for a particular post I made in a particular forum, in this case the Wuxia Fiction forum. I found it eventually, but it did take looking through pages and pages of threads. So the "Threads I replied to" feature I was talking about is for showing a list of threads that one has posted in in a particular forum, not one's whole posting history.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    Yes, that's fine if I want to search through all my posts (the feature works for me). But I just want to search for a particular post I made in a particular forum, in this case the Wuxia Fiction forum. I found it eventually, but it did take looking through pages and pages of threads. So the "Threads I replied to" feature I was talking about is for showing a list of threads that one has posted in in a particular forum, not one's whole posting history.
    Okay. I may not have found the Threads I replied to feature, but if you remember the thread you've posted, you can still click on "Replies" or the number next to replies and get a popup of WhoPosted and look for your username and click on the number of posts to see all the posts you've made in said thread. Like: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/misc.php...posted&t=29822 Is this at all close to what you're looking for?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Okay. I may not have found the Threads I replied to feature, but if you remember the thread you've posted, you can still click on "Replies" or the number next to replies and get a popup of WhoPosted and look for your username and click on the number of posts to see all the posts you've made in said thread. Like: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/misc.php...posted&t=29822 Is this at all close to what you're looking for?
    Mmm not really, but it's worth a shot the next time I need to look for my own posts. Thanks anyway.
    玉木宏

blog