Thread: Stand Up!! [Ninomiya Kazunari, Yamapi, Narimiya Hiroki, Oguri Shun]

Default Stand Up!! [Ninomiya Kazunari, Yamapi, Narimiya Hiroki, Oguri Shun]

http://jdorama.com/drama.761.htm
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Stand_Up
    http://www.tbs.co.jp/standup/

I watched a couple of episodes and it's really funny. It's not as raunchy as I'd originally expected.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I know I have said this before..Isn't it dumb how they do not allow JE guys' photos to be featured at the official website?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I know I have said this before..Isn't it dumb how they do not allow JE guys' photos to be featured at the official website?
    Is that what it is? How come?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Is that what it is? How come?
    I am not sure but we were guessing its something like 'copyrights' issues of artists since Nino and Pi are both managed by JE.

I am not sure but we were guessing its something like 'copyrights' issues of artists since Nino and Pi are both managed by JE.
    If that's the case, that's pretty lame. If I were JE, I'd consider it good advertisement. It's a shame, but the viewership ratings were pretty low for this serial.

Do you still plan on watching it?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

If that's the case, that's pretty lame. If I were JE, I'd consider it good advertisement. It's a shame, but the viewership ratings were pretty low for this serial.

I am definitley keen on this show but due to some personal reasons, I will not be watchin it yet..actually for a long while.

Never mind, you let me know how the show is as you progress..btw, I am just curious if you have started watching Nobuta as well?

I am definitley keen on this show but due to some personal reasons, I will not be watchin it yet..actually for a long while.

Never mind, you let me know how the show is as you progress..btw, I am just curious if you have started watching Nobuta as well?
    Ah, okay. Understood.

I'm up to episode 5 and it's still entertaining although nothing really surprises me anymore. I'm getting a little tired of the Shouhei-Sensei-Chie love triangle and hope there will be more focus on the other 3 guys.

I haven't started watching NwP yet, but I will.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 11-19-06 at 02:57 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yamashita stars in it?!? Okay I'll check it out
    No Love is better than A Love To Kill.

<3 Obessed with W-inds and Rain

Clicky Here to go to my Xanga

I didn't know the viewership ratings were low for this...

Quote Originally Posted by XxPunkerGurlxX
    Yamashita stars in it?!? Okay I'll check it out
    Yamapi was a supporting role in Stand up, point to note, he was truly awfully skinny in the show, nothing like what he looks now. Oh well, but Nino looks good, so did Nariyama Hiroki.

Viwership was pretty low for this, averaging at 10.2%, half the time the ratings were single digit.

Yeah, Yamapi was pretty much all skin and bones in this show.

I don't think Ninomiya Kazunari looks good either, though. He's short and skinny although his acting is decent. The healthiest looking one is Oguri Shun since he plays a jock.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I actually thought that Oguri Shun looks pretty awful in the show with his bad hairdo , guess I am too use to his preppy clean cut look in Hana Yori Dango.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I actually thought that Oguri Shun looks pretty awful in the show with his bad hairdo , guess I am too use to his preppy clean cut look in Hana Yori Dango.
    I was actually referring to his body type as I do agree with you about the hair. From the neck up, Yamapi is still the best looking of DB4.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Is the last guy Nariyama Hiroki ?

Is the last guy Nariyama Hiroki ?
    Yep, it is.

I watched a couple of episodes and it's really funny. It's not as raunchy as I'd originally expected.

Who's your favourite character?

Ninomiya doesn't look good but I thought that it fitted the unease and awkwardness of his character.

Like you, I was expecting a rather raunchy, and even vulgar drama but it didn't turn out that way. It was amusing and heartwarming to watch the single mindedness the boys initially had, their bumbling ways and what they eventually learnt from the whole episode. But I had a hard time finishing Stand Up because it gradually became quite repetitive to me and none of the characters really grew on me although I quite liked Shohei and Kengo. I couldn't stand this guy called Tanaka who'd appear every episode with a different girl on his arm. Somehow found him repulsive. For me, I guess the highlight of the drama was Takashi's very brief appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Who's your favourite character?

Ninomiya doesn't look good but I thought that it fitted the unease and awkwardness of his character.

Like you, I was expecting a rather raunchy, and even vulgar drama but it didn't turn out that way. It was amusing and heartwarming to watch the single mindedness the boys initially had, their bumbling ways and what they eventually learnt from the whole episode. But I had a hard time finishing Stand Up because it gradually became quite repetitive to me and none of the characters really grew on me although I quite liked Shohei and Kengo. I couldn't stand this guy called Tanaka who'd appear every episode with a different girl on his arm. Somehow found him repulsive. For me, I guess the highlight of the drama was Takashi's very brief appearances.
    I agree with you completely. Ninomiya fits his role really well. I can almost feel his awkwardness right along with him, especially with the indescribable way he walks...or rather, just slinks along through his adolescent days. This serial got off to a really good start (and I think each episode still continues to start off and wrap up well), but it does slow down and get repetitive. My favorite character of DB4 is Ken Ken, followed by Shouhei. I love Kume's 30 second appearances and can totally see why DB4 is in awe of him! But even his antithesis Tanaka is gettin' a new one every day...now that's gotta be frustrating for DB4.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Kume teaches the gang important life lessons.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Robin524/Takashi%20Tsukamoto/StandUp.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Robin524/Takashi%20Tsukamoto/Standup2.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

seeing those caps just brings to mind how awkward Pi seemed to feel (to me) when he was growing up but I think nothing beats long love letter, I think he looked and felt even more awkward there.

Bbwaaaahhhh! I love kouji & kenken characters. They're so handsome & should be popular however they don't know themselves when they are faced w/ girls. It's really funny...

This series is so hilarious!
    Last edited by snow_angel; 01-29-08 at 07:21 AM.