Page 1 of 199 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby Lin Xinru 林心如

Default Ruby Lin Xinru 林心如

Re-open the New Ruby thread since the other is closed
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ruby Lin's Profile
    Source from various sites and magazines, as well as the knowledge from fans. [color=black]The following information about Ruby Lin may not be up to date for her right now favorties or height, weight...etc...[/color]
    Profile -
    Chinese name: Lin Xin Ru
    Chinese character: 林心如
    English name: Ruby Lin
    Reason for choosing Ruby: Because her mom loves gemstones
    Vietnamese translated name: Lâm Tâm Như
    Birthday: January 27, 1976
    Birthplace: Taipei, Taiwan
    Nationality: Taiwanese
    Zodiac sign: Aquarius
    Chinese Horoscope: Dragon
    Body measurements: 32B, 22, 34
    Height: 167 cm (5'6")
    Weight: 96 lbs
    Blood type: B
    Languages: English, Taiwanese, Mandarin, Cantonese
    Education Level: College
    Primary school: Ri Xin Primary School
    Senior High School: Zhong Dian High School
    Family: Mother, father, and two brothers
    Lucky number: 7
    First love: 17 years old
    Privilege: Singing and acting
    Started out: Advertising for various company (Modeling)
    First modeling business: At the age of 17 years old
    Possessions -
    Ruby's wish: Be a normal student again
    Her collection: Watches and shoes.
    Car she owns: Red Corsa (Auto)
    Goals: Study in foreign country (England)
    Unforgettable events: Her grandmother passed away when she was around eight-year-old.
    Favorites and non-favorites
    Favorite person: Her mom
    Favorite artists: Leslie Cheung , Kimura Takuya
    Favorite country: USA
    Favorite city: Los Angeles
    Favorite sport: Cycling
    Most afraid of: Snakes
    Favorite personality of male: Mature and reliable, but also a little bit of bad.
    Favorite songs: Faye Wong's songs
    Most satisfactory part of the body: Belly button
    Most unsatisfactory part of the body: Face - Her Reason: Easy to swell [get fat]
    Hobbies/Favorite things to do: Sleeping, singing & watching TV
    Food she often cooks: Corn soup and noodle
    Favorite food: Japanese foods - Her Reason: delicious, healthy; moreover, won't gain weight.
    Favorite beverage: Drinking water, tea, and grape juice
    Food she dislikes: No food that she is disliked.
    Favorite colors: White, gray, red & black
    Favorite cartoon characters: Hello Kitty & My Melody
    Favorite season: Winter
    Favorite holiday: Her birthday & Christmas
    Most favorite animals: No particular.
    Favorite clothing: Casual wears (Jeans & T-shirt)
    Favorite character she wants to act: All kinds of different exciting characters
    For 2003: A disabled or impaired person, a poor person, or an ugly person.
    Favorite personality: Truthful, honest & cheerful
    Favorite shoes: Miu Miu
    Favorite jeans: Levis 501
    Favorite clothing: DKNY
    Favorite flower: Lily
    Favorite clothing sponsor: Fendissime
    Miscellaneous -
    Management Co: Jessie & Jones Productions Co. Ltd
    Parents' hopes on Ruby: Wish that Ruby will be happy and healthy, if time permits, hopes that she can study again.
    Her fans see her as: Honest, kind, thoughtful, truthful, innocent, cheerful, hardworking, lovely, as well as the best!
    For more please visit RL News - Ruby Lin Xinru

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/school/showruby2/d_01.jpg')
    currently watching:
    - The Magic Touch Of Fate: Ruby Lin, Alec Su&Kang Ta
    - Mars: Vic Zhou & Barbie Xu
    - Amor de Tarapacá: Ruby Lin, Han Jae Suk & Shi Yinan

Short summary of Ruby's works in 2003/2004

Ruby's 3 latest series are ...

Eighteen Springs
    Boy & Girl
    Flying Dagger

Ruby just finished fliming her New modern 40 episodes Taiwan/Korea/China production serie
    called Purple Vine Romance

Ruby's next upcoming serie is

Embroidery Lady

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby's New movie Love Triology is going to air soon in cinema's

Ruby's upcoming New movie is My Mute Father This is on Ruby's schedule, filming had been said to start in July
    currently watching:

Ruby The Queen Of Advertisements

NEW Liu Heng Se Ad *PIC*
    Posted By: hang (Reposted from RLGS) (adsl-19-109-234.asm.bellsouth.net)
    Date: Thursday, 29 January 2004, at 10:08 p.m.

Go here:
    http://www.ruby-station.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3468

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW Soplo Ad Scan
    Date: Saturday, 31 January 2004, at 3:58 p.m.

Go here to view:
    http://www.ruby-station.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=302

NEW AnChao Sport Shoe Ad *PIC*
    Date: Saturday, 31 January 2004, at 3:59 p.m.

Go here to view the pictures:
    http://www.ruby-station.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=933
    An ALL NEW Ruby Ad
    Date: Saturday, 31 January 2004, at 4:03 p.m.

Go here to view the capture:
    http://www.ruby-station.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3474
    currently watching:

Ruby's Soffto video download
    Posted By: susi (cache218.156ce.maxonline.com.sg)
    Date: Sunday, 1 February 2004, at 6:53 a.m.

Guys....pls enter this website.
    http://ruby-station.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3474
    has this Soffto product video download...
    (The download key is after Hang message).remember.
    (Ruby is very,very,very beautiful.)
    currently watching:

Wow new Forum...very very good
    Alec Alec Alec Alec Alec Alec!!!

All the poets and their poetry combined,
    Cannot even compare to one of ur smile........ Xiao Yian Zhi

ALEC SU!!!!!!!

Sorry for my ignorance but whats the difference between taiwanese and mandarine?
    [size=1]~~ Smiles
    "The numerous the laws, the more corrupt the state" - Tacitus
    "If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. " - Julius Caesar
    "When the enemy advances, withdraw; when he stops, harass; when he tires, strike; when he retreats, pursue." - Mao
    "Laws can discover sin, but not remove it" - Plato
    "Law depends on its validity by having a penalty attached" - Jane Austen[/size]

Just for some corrections, Ruby just finished high school when she went into modeling. And I thought her fav city was Milan? :P

Yeah! New Ruby thread! woohooo! *claps* haha, so what are we talking about? lolz...
    Huang Yi Forever

My Fanfics:
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/H_Z_G_G_3[Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Lovefate [Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Desires [Processing]

Originally posted by Tei
    Just for some corrections, Ruby just finished high school when she went into modeling. And I thought her fav city was Milan? :P
    To Tei,
    I want to thank you for your correcting Ruby's profile; howerver, your correction is not totally right as you thought.

1. She finished college not highschool. The education system in some Asian countries and Australia isn't the same as USA's. If you graduated from highschool in USA, you have to go to college to get 2-year basis courses before being accepted in an university except you get an advance permission (going straight to university or taking some college courses while studying in highschool. But by any way, you can't go straight to any major. Still need time to take enough required courses for admission.) Whereas, in some Asian countries and Australia, after you finish the grade 3 (Vienamese calls Cap 3), you can go straight to university and take any major you want because you've already taken all college courses in grade 3. So the grade 3 highschool in Asian is equivalent to college grade in USA education system. If you doubt it, you can search the information on web or ask social workers who work with immigrants to know how transferring the Asian education grades into USA's
    Therefore, saying that she finished college is not wrong. Don't need to correct it

About Milan or LA: I don't know where you got Milan here. The information from most of her forums is LA. But it doesn't matter LA or Milan. It's just a favorite, so it can be changed. To me, you're seemly very sensitive with any topic related to Ruby, although you are not a fan of hers (and you seemly favor topic lowering Ruby's image to audience!). Sorry if my words are so rude, but you should focus more on your idol and correct some false information from your idol's fans instead.

In case you don't know who I am, I would like to introduce myself to you: I am Blue in Ruby Lin DF.

Best wishes
    Blue

Originally posted by Smiley1488
    Sorry for my ignorance but whats the difference between taiwanese and mandarine?
    Hi Smiley,
    Mandarin and Taiwanese are two different languages. Mandarin is one kind of Chinese languages (Chinese includes Mandarin, Cantonese, ...). Taiwanese is a native language of Taiwan.
    Some countries have used two languages such as Mexicans use their native language (called Mexican) and spanish (from Spain)

Originally posted by jade
    [B]Short summary of Ruby's works in 2003/2004
    Hi sweetie Jade,
    Wow, you started a new page for Ruby Thank you so much for your distribution.
    You know Hang & my vietnamese translated news are greeted very well in a Vietnamese forum. Hehehe, I felt so happy when seeing that I can provide some her news/her works to her fans in Vietnam.
    Hehehe, I have to return to my study now. See you later

Luv
    Blue

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

I love the title of the thread. lol. looks like mostly all the busy thread are making new ones. U kno like the ALec, Vicky thread.
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

Thanks, Blue, I was thinking that the educational system was different in China so that was why it said college. But what I meant was that Ruby was still in high school, even if she did take the classes. For example, here the AP classes are equivalent to college level classes, and if you take a set number, you can skip the first years of college as well. I did that, and I'm graduating undergrad in two years. You can also do that if you come in with a major already in mind. You don't always need to take the required courses first. So, in that mind, we could say she was taking come college prep classes, but the school she went to was still the American equivalent of high school. And I believe she said one of her dreams is to pursue higher education and go to a university, so in China, she was in gao san (meaning level 3 high school) so it was still high school despite the courses offered. Anyways, sorry if I did not clarify that when I first posted. I was aware of the educational system in China, but overall, it isn't that much different from here. :P

yeah I've noticed that too, Blue
    no offense Tei, but according to common logic, when you don't like someone, you don't usually go into their forums all the time, looking for gaps and holes...it doesn't really make much sense. Not sure how much you can really gain from that, unless some kind of personal satisfaction *rolls eyes*

I don't see how this all of a sudden is some sort of sentence that proves indefinitely that I don't like someone. I'm pointing out stuff I read before, and I don't see any error in my observations. If I wanted to say I disliked someone, believe me dear, I'd do it in much more obvious and scathing ways. Please don't try to think you know something and degrade other people in the process.

Originally posted by Tei
    Thanks, Blue, I was thinking that the educational system was different in China so that was why it said college. But what I meant was that Ruby was still in high school, even if she did take the classes. For example, here the AP classes are equivalent to college level classes, and if you take a set number, you can skip the first years of college as well. I did that, and I'm graduating undergrad in two years. You can also do that if you come in with a major already in mind. You don't always need to take the required courses first. So, in that mind, we could say she was taking come college prep classes, but the school she went to was still the American equivalent of high school. And I believe she said one of her dreams is to pursue higher education and go to a university, so in China, she was in gao san (meaning level 3 high school) so it was still high school despite the courses offered. Anyways, sorry if I did not clarify that when I first posted. I was aware of the educational system in China, but overall, it isn't that much different from here. :P
    To Tei,
    It's really hard to communicate/explain anything to you if you believe that your view is right (sigh!). You also told that you need to take "AP classes" to skip some college courses (not all courses), that is what I said in my message to you. You just repeated what I said. Furthermore, I don't know what major you have been studying, but in some Asian countries, after a student is graduated from grade 3, he/she can be accepted into a medical school, a pharmacy school, a dental school,... that you can't get any permission to go these school in the USA except you get enough permission courses. I have been studying in Pharmacy School and my brother is graduated with Engineer major, so I know how to get a permission to a major in a US University. The AP classes teach some highschool student college courses. AP classes aren't regualar highschool classes. If you still don't get it, I give up!
    Did you ask some US social workers who work with immigrants before making sure your thoughts is right? Why did I ask you like that, because when my family come to USA, we transfered our grades into the US education grades like that. Don't jump any conclusion before checking it. Moreover, Ruby studied in Taiwan, not China. Don't use China system to evaluate Taiwan system
    They are two different coutries.
    I would like to ask you once more: Don't go to any Ruby's forums especially Ruby Lin DF if you are not her fan or you don't like her (I am sure about that). What is your main point to go around a forum of an actress you don't like or hate? I really don't understand. Save your time and your joy for your idol's forum! Don't be worried that Ruby's fans in Ruby Lin DF or here talk any bad about your idol because we don't have time to do such stupid thing. If some messages comparing Ruby with your idol, Hang will delete them as soon as possible. You "thiet la dung tam luong kho" for you idol (I don't know whether you can read Vietnamese or not, but I can't translate this quote into English) Another thing I want to tell you, a value of a person is not from how high/many diploma she/he has, but the value is from how well she/he treats poeple around her/him, how she/he handle her/his life without hurting anybody for her/his benefits/profits So I always make friends with anyone I know that they have a kind heart not make friends with the so-called diploma rude-heart poeple

Best wishes
    Blue

Originally posted by 999roses
    yeah I've noticed that too, Blue
    no offense Tei, but according to common logic, when you don't like someone, you don't usually go into their forums all the time, looking for gaps and holes...it doesn't really make much sense. Not sure how much you can really gain from that, unless some kind of personal satisfaction *rolls eyes*
    Hi 999roses,
    Hehehe, thank for sharing the same thoughts with me. I don't know why some poeple like to waste her/his time for going around the forum of an actress he/she don't like, like to correct somethings with her/his wrong view/opinon/knowledge. Any way, see and talk with you later

Blue

Obviously, we tend to reach a stalemate whenever we talk. You don't get through to me and I don't get through to you, which is fine with me, but just one last point of clarification. I did not in any of my posts mention or imply that higher education was a necessity for an entertainer. I don't see how you get that I am a "so-called diploma rude-heart people." I brought it up because I felt I could clarify and did not mention anything regarding Ruby's value as an actress in this. Perhaps you accidentally assume many things about what someone posts because you feel you need to be on the defensive, but make sure the poster was not attacking your idol before going on a defending position.

I don't think we're quite "attacking' you, but seriously I am very very curious @ why you are not answering and avoiding our question...why do you keep coming to Ruby's forums anyway? I know from other forums you're said that you don't like her, and find her annoying, etc...so what' s the point in coming then? I mean...according to common sense, when you do not LIKE someone, you usually don't want to go to forums to discuss them, unless it's to cause trouble or nitpick etc...it just seems very odd, and just a tad bit suspicious...of course *rolls eyes* it's a free country and you can go wherever you want, but it just seems weird

and by the way AP courses CAN be used as university credits if you pass the exam w/ a certain mark, same w/ IB courses, but that is in Canada and US...I guess it's not like being "IN COLLEGE", but it's kinda like doing college work...but I mean, if you're gonna be an actress anyway, why bother going through university? It would be nice to have a higher education, but I don't think there's a real point for it since acting is more practical and not really theory-based

Love Trilogy Pix

From http://www.863ok.com/whw/channel/dyy...rj/index1.html (you can go there to see more pix)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.863ok.com/whw/channel/dyyx/xptj/2004/1/watsrj/images/0013-1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.863ok.com/whw/channel/dyyx/xptj/2004/1/watsrj/images/0015-1.jpg')

Download the clip of CCTV6 interviewing Ruby
    http://loveruby.cqbus.com/yingyin/woai1.rm

(Ruby is so cute and adorable)

And the new poster
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkfilms.com/Films/2004/LoveTrilogy/1.jpg')