Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mediacorp Star Awards 2004

Quote Originally Posted by wuchang
    Let's hope it's not another Jin Yong adaptation. If it is, I swear I'll stop watching Medicorp serials altogether. Not that I've been watching much of their Chinese productions as it is.
    Speak for yourself. If there is a new show, I rather hope it is a Jin Yong adaptation than another family drama.
    Last edited by convoy; 12-05-04 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by convoy
    Speak for yourself. If there is a new show, I rather hope it is a Jin Yong adaptation than another family drama. However, since you already have admitted you seldom watch Mediacorp Chinese dramas, it doesn't matter whether it is a Jin Yong adaptation or not, does it?
    Is the wuxia world limited to only Jin Yong? Why must Asian productions continue to flog a dead horse? Is our imagination so limited?

Do you forsee canadians coming out with a canadian version of Lord of the Rings? Or an Australian version? They put all their energies into one good production and that's it. They move on. Why must we asians keep recycling old plots?

From your many condemnations of Mediacorp family dramas, have you been watching many of their recent productions?

Don't put words into my mouth.

a bit ot. but it has been a very long time since mediacorp embark on a wuxia show.
    for me, i will love that they do a hsds or roch series. an aftermath of hsds will be most exciting for me.

Is the wuxia world limited to only Jin Yong? Why must Asian productions continue to flog a dead horse? Is our imagination so limited?

Do you forsee canadians coming out with a canadian version of Lord of the Rings? Or an Australian version? They put all their energies into one good production and that's it. They move on. Why must we asians keep recycling old plots?

From your many condemnations of Mediacorp family dramas, have you been watching many of their recent productions?

Don't put words into my mouth.
    Then why even mention Jin Yong adaptations? Are there any hints that it will be a Jin Yong adapation? Why even go to the extend as to swear that you will stop watching Mediacorp dramas altogether? TVB has produced the most Jin Yong adaptations. So have you sworn off TVB? How about the mainland productions? For someone who is so concerned about Jin Yong's novels being rehashed to death, I don't see you voicing off your concerns at the China forum. So why Mediacorp?

Even though I may have not been watching much Mediacorp series recently, I still watch the reruns at 5.30pm and had watched An Ode to Life. How about you? At least I won't totally write Mediacorp off.

Don't put words into my mouth either. When did I put words into your mouth?

Then why even mention Jin Yong adaptations?
    Precisely because there are so many productions of them recently.

Are there any hints that it will be a Jin Yong adapation?
    Why should it matter. I offered my view that I do not support one.

Why even go to the extend as to swear that you will stop watching Mediacorp dramas altogether?
    Being the local TV station that has the most resources, it is unforgivable that they do not come out with original script ideas. They have no reasons not to.

TVB has produced the most Jin Yong adaptations. So have you sworn off TVB?
    They have the advantage of being the first to start adapting Jin Yong. I'm talking about not having Mediacorp picking up the scraps after TVB had their fill.

How about the mainland productions? For someone who is so concerned about Jin Yong's novels being rehashed to death, I don't see you voicing off your concerns at the China forum. So why Mediacorp?
    Well If you really want to know, I've always wondered why it's mostly Jin Yong and Gu Long. Where are the rest of the wuxia novelists? Besides, these two had stopped writing new novels decades ago. Do I have to reveal all my thoughts to you before hand?

Even though I may have not been watching much Mediacorp series recently, I still watch the reruns at 5.30pm and had watched An Ode to Life. How about you? At least I won't totally write Mediacorp off.
    Did I write them off? I just said I will stop watching altogether to register my protest. If I do not think that they are capable of more, why should I even bother to be upset?

Don't put words into my mouth either. When did I put words into your mouth?
    This was what you said before you edited it away

However, since you already have admitted you seldom watch Mediacorp Chinese dramas, it doesn't matter whether it is a Jin Yong adaptation or not, does it?
    It does matter. But since you've retracted that, I'll let it rest.

This was what you said before you edited it away

However, since you already have admitted you seldom watch Mediacorp Chinese dramas, it doesn't matter whether it is a Jin Yong adaptation or not, does it?
    It does matter. But since you've retracted that, I'll let it rest.
    Oh yes, I have removed that part because that is rather confrontational. But how is that "putting words into your mouth"?

another possible reason (though a bit stupid as i type) to dress them in traditional costumes is that since singapore was involved in taiwan and china in hsds2003, the costumes should be readily available. hence, it will be easy to borrow them, save money and not waste them. let's see how phyilis and florence dress. are they dressed as yss and xiao zhao? hehe.

some of the pictures look cartoonish. since it is tradition, one should not wear spect. poor felicia peh = her hair like a bee hive. joanne does look a bit like princess fragrance though. hehe.

Maybe they are 'borrowing' the HSDS hype in SG.

Oh yes, I have removed that part because that is rather confrontational. But how is that "putting words into your mouth"?
    Perhaps I was not clear enough.

Not that I've been watching much of their Chinese productions as it is.

I wrote that in the present tense. I'd probably watched more SBC/TCS/Mediacorp productions combined than any other in my whole life.

If you want to continue this, we can do it through pm.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    another possible reason (though a bit stupid as i type) to dress them in traditional costumes is that since singapore was involved in taiwan and china in hsds2003, the costumes should be readily available. hence, it will be easy to borrow them, save money and not waste them. let's see how phyilis and florence dress. are they dressed as yss and xiao zhao? hehe.
    They did not dress them in period costumes. It was photoshopped.

They even photoshopped Lin Yiming as Zhu Ba Jie. Which was quite mean.

They even photoshopped Lin Yiming as Zhu Ba Jie. Which was quite mean.
    Hey. I like him ok But its cute lah

Well, if Mediacorp is indeed going to do another Jin Yong adaptation, maybe they can film the newest version (3rd version) of the Jin Yong series that Jin Yong is currently rewriting... At least the story will be different...

i think whoever gets this award will not be very happy as Kym is now back.

BEST VARIETY SHOW HOST

1. Jeff Wang in All in NETS
    2. Marcus Chin in King of Variety
    3. Mark Lee in Be My Guest
    4. Michelle Chong in All in NETS
    5. Sharon Au in Spring & Slide

Tonight is the night.

Only realised recently that Florence Tan is not in the running for the Top 10 favourite actress award?!?!?

This is kinda crazy.

Wow really gave me a real big scare when Fann's name is the last name announced... i thought she was not going to get in the top 10...

Quote Originally Posted by nie_feng2002
    Wow really gave me a real big scare when Fann's name is the last name announced... i thought she was not going to get in the top 10...
    suspense was intentional, it's her last for this year having reached her 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeo
    suspense was intentional, it's her last for this year having reached her 10th.
    How come there is this silly rule that once you are top 10 10 times in a row you can't get voted in anymore? So next year let's say Fann Wong gets the highest votes but her votes will be discounted? That's not fair!

Who won the other awards? Any pictures?
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

Quote Originally Posted by Funn Lim
    How come there is this silly rule that once you are top 10 10 times in a row you can't get voted in anymore? So next year let's say Fann Wong gets the highest votes but her votes will be discounted? That's not fair!
    She will be withdrawn from the Top 10 competition, just like Zoe Tay, Li Nanxing and Chew Chor Meng. Same for Xie Shaoguang. So there is no need for the fans to vote for them.
    玉木宏

blog

The results :

http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/starawards2004/results.htm

Is it 10 in a roll or just have 10? Should be the latter I think?

Like what junny said, Zoe Tay, Li Nanxing and Chew Chor Meng had got their 10 and thus got a Super Star Award each in today's awards show.