Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mediacorp Star Awards 2004

Thumbs down

Though i am from SG,i will say that the stars award is boring.Will rather spend the time sleeping.

Default Comments

I smell something fishy... no offence. But it seems to me that more people hate Joanne Peh than like her, though she's a favourite with the advertisers. In fact the popular ones seem to be Rui En and Felicia. I was hoping for Felicia or Ng Hui to be awarded, and expecting Rui En to get the award. Was unpleasantly surprised when they announced her name.

Quote Originally Posted by wuchang
    The results :

http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/starawards2004/results.htm

Is it 10 in a roll or just have 10? Should be the latter I think?

Like what junny said, Zoe Tay, Li Nanxing and Chew Chor Meng had got their 10 and thus got a Super Star Award each in today's awards show.
    I just saw the results page, is it intentional that mediacorp adopted this heroes kinda theme? I thought they were joking but it looks like intentional, like for real. Why can't they just give a whole long list rather than me clicking one by one...

Anyway it is interesting who won what you know. I have never seen the series they were nominated for but I am aware of their past works ... I think in a way this award has more credibility than TVB awards. For one I do think Ivy Lee is a good actress, and now I know who is Andrew Seow, but isn't it boring that lead actor is always that person same old person? And of course some I feel from what I could see from their other series they shouldn't be nominated but I guess they must have done great in that particular series. I am sorry to say I am not a fan of Qi Yuwu, Vivian Lai (one of the worst actress in my opinion) and May Phua. Maybe they improved. In fact I am not very in awe of Christopher lee or even the other Lee, that is Li Nan Xing...

Singapore is in dire need of a leading man ...
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 12-13-04 at 06:55 AM.
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

By the way what happened to that Most popular actor and actress in Malaysia category??

Maybe they're just not holding it this time. If I'm not wrong last year they didn't have the Newcomer award.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    Maybe they're just not holding it this time. If I'm not wrong last year they didn't have the Newcomer award.
    They had, but last minute cancelled.... details only insiders knew....
    ~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Funn Lim
    I just saw the results page, is it intentional that mediacorp adopted this heroes kinda theme? I thought they were joking but it looks like intentional, like for real. Why can't they just give a whole long list rather than me clicking one by one...

Anyway it is interesting who won what you know. I have never seen the series they were nominated for but I am aware of their past works ... I think in a way this award has more credibility than TVB awards. For one I do think Ivy Lee is a good actress, and now I know who is Andrew Seow, but isn't it boring that lead actor is always that person same old person? And of course some I feel from what I could see from their other series they shouldn't be nominated but I guess they must have done great in that particular series. I am sorry to say I am not a fan of Qi Yuwu, Vivian Lai (one of the worst actress in my opinion) and May Phua. Maybe they improved. In fact I am not very in awe of Christopher lee or even the other Lee, that is Li Nan Xing...

Singapore is in dire need of a leading man ...
    Xie Shaoguang had announced that he will be taking a 1-2 years sabbatical. So most probably he won't be around next year to compete for the award. In Mediacorp, he's the one of the best method actors around. No one really begrudges him from getting acting accolades simply because he's really good. But I didn't think the award should go to him this year. I didn't like the role he was nominated for. Even Shaoguang himself expressed surprise at his win. He confessed he didn't used much of his repertoire of acting skills. Seems like he may be a better judge than the actual judges.

I think you're right that Mediacorp does not have many good leading men. The most hotly contested awards throughout the years have always been the female awards. Both the Best Actress award and the Top 10 Favourite Female. The latter is always the last to be announced signifying its greater importance over the male awards.

Quote Originally Posted by november
    They had, but last minute cancelled.... details only insiders knew....
    Maybe Shaun Chen was in the running last year then he jump ship.

Next year is going to be very interesting.

I only watch the show this year because it's the last one before the merger. I wasn't interested last year. Glad I did. Sharon Au's comment on her ex-colleagues was priceless.

Xie Shaoguang had announced that he will be taking a 1-2 years sabbatical. So most probably he won't be around next year to compete for the award. In Mediacorp, he's the one of the best method actors around. No one really begrudges him from getting acting accolades simply because he's really good. But I didn't think the award should go to him this year. I didn't like the role he was nominated for. Even Shaoguang himself expressed surprise at his win. He confessed he didn't used much of his repertoire of acting skills. Seems like he may be a better judge than the actual judges.

I think you're right that Mediacorp does not have many good leading men. The most hotly contested awards throughout the years have always been the female awards. Both the Best Actress award and the Top 10 Favourite Female. The latter is always the last to be announced signifying its greater importance over the male awards.
    I myself is of the opinion Xie is a wonderful actor and a prime example that good looks isn't everything. But you're right; I saw some of he episodes for the role he was nominated for and I was of the opinion he was much too forced, or false in that role but he deservingly won for Holland V. It's also great he can just let got and go for a holiday for a year or two. Talk about confidence that he is irreplaceable!

Anyway Shaun won't stand a stand. He is offered a part time contract so I doubt there is a part time award for best part time artiste for mediacorp!!

Just out of curiosity, did anybody who won but didn't attend to get the award? It looks like attendance is like 100%!

I am sorry to post this because I thought my eyes was playing tricks on me. did I just see

1. a pregnant zoe tay? I thought she looked horrible with her messy hair and then I thought I saw her tummy, so huge! I didn't know.

2. vicky zhao was there?

3. the mc was matilda tao??

4. why was fann grabbing the microphone from chen li ping??
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 12-13-04 at 11:50 AM.

I have no comment on his acting.... if u had read the Holland V scripts(my frez passed me the scripts ok...)... He added too much into it... a too sissy Yang xiong, i dun like, but it won many viewers' hearts....
    As for Xi Lin Men, personally i totally dun like the character, mayb the acting, mayb the script, mayb just dun like....

But i've to agree he is a hardworking actor.

Oh ya! Andrew XIao Yi Ming deserved his best supporting actor award! He is good ! Good attitude! Good acting ! GOOD GOOD GOOD! Congratulation to him ! hahahah
    Last edited by november; 12-13-04 at 12:03 PM.

I am sorry to post this because I thought my eyes was playing tricks on me. did I just see

1. a pregnant zoe tay? I thought she looked horrible with her messy hair and then I thought I saw her tummy, so huge! I didn't know.
    Bingo! There are 2 more. It's the Maternity Star Awards. Both of them you are familiar with. Can you guess from the screencaps?

Oh ya! Andrew XIao Yi Ming deserved his best supporting actor! He is good ! Good attitude! Good acting ! GOOD GOOD GOOD! Congratulation to him ! hahahah
    Fwah! november really likes Andrew Seow.

Thumbs up

Bingo! There are 2 more. It's the Maternity Star Awards. Both of them you are familiar with. Can you guess from the screencaps?
    真是世事变化无常(wuchang )以前有传言说,演员怀孕合约就被停,就是演艺生涯的死刑……现在看来政府最大,谁敢不让孕妇有好日子过, 就是跟政府作对!哈哈哈! Mediacorp也不例外!

Not that familiar with the rest and can;t quite see also. I mean zoe was obvious. Couldn't be xiang yun, she's a bit too old. Huang biren? Is she married? Can't see lar! Who else? Eh where is Jacelyn tay?? and jeanette Aw?

Is andrew Seow the one in Love is beautiful, the convict brother?

Anyway I like it that an actor moves beyond the confines of a script and create a character wholly his own. So kudos to xie. I love his Yang xiong though hated the ending.

真是世事变化无常(wuchang )以前有传言说,演员怀孕合约就被停,就是演艺生涯的死刑……现在看来政府最大,谁敢不让孕妇有好日子过, 就是跟政府作对!哈哈哈! Mediacorp也不例外!
    Of course what! Who's the biggest shareholder in Mediacorp? ==> Temasek ==> Government. When the government says go forth and procreate, how can they sack actresses that follow the government's calls?

Not that familiar with the rest and can;t quite see also. I mean zoe was obvious. Couldn't be xiang yun, she's a bit too old. Huang biren? Is she married? Can't see lar! Who else? Eh where is Jacelyn tay?? and jeanette Aw?

Is andrew Seow the one in Love is beautiful, the convict brother?

Anyway I like it that an actor moves beyond the confines of a script and create a character wholly his own. So kudos to xie. I love his Yang xiong though hated the ending.
    Ivy Lee and May Phua!

Zoe announced on stage when receiving an award that the child she is carrying is a boy.

Ivy was egged on by her good friend Pan Lingling when she was receiving her best actress award to tell the audience that she is carrying twins.

May didn't win any awards unfortunately, so no access to a mic.

Yep, Andrew Seow is the one in Love is Beautiful.

Yep Vicki Zhao was there, so was Mathilda Tao, she was the MC.

4. why was fann grabbing the microphone from chen li ping??
    The whole thing started when Christopher Lee was going onstage to receive his Top 10 Favourite Award. Chew Chor Meng and Zoe Tay was trying to pull him to give Fann Wong (his rumoured girlfriend) a kiss. Fann Wong quickly turned her face away. While onstage giving his thanks, Fann's fans were screaming for him to thank Fann. He said he might do that in the future if he has the chance.

Just his luck that funny man Mark Lee was the next one to get the Top 10 award. Mark deliberately went to Fann and touched his cheek to hers. Then he ran onstage to touch that same cheek on Christopher. Fann and Christopher's face was extremely red.

Then when it's Fann's turn to receive the Top 10 award. Chen Liping was going to tease her and Christopher somemore but Fann grabbed the microphone away a bit too violently. She actually broke it.

It was quite hilarious.