Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Guo Jing met Huang Rong

Default How Guo Jing met Huang Rong

One of the parts in LOCH has always interested me, how did GJ meet HR? could someone explain it in detail and how she dressed back into a girl again? thanks very much. I have watched the 83' adaptation but that was long ago when i was a kid and that part is forgotton. many thanks

According to LOCH 2003,

HR and HYS had an argument, and HR left Peach Blossom Island in a fit. She dressed as a beggar for fun and roamed the city. While making a scene at one of the inns, GJ helped her out by offering to pay for her meal. They hit it off immediately, sort of like "yi jian ru gu". HR even asked for his horse, which GJ gave willingly. They parted, HR riding away on his horse.

The next time GJ met her, she had shed her beggar dressing and had reverted to a girl's dressing.

typical mills and boons romance story
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by xuelian
    sort of like "yi jian ru gu".
    What is "yi jian ru gu"? If it is "love at first sight", then I don't think so, 'cause HR was dressed as a male beggar, so it could not be love at first sight for GJ

"yi jian ru gu" literally translates to strangers who meet each other for the first time, yet get along as though they've known each other for a long time.

I don't think HR dress back as a girl so fast. I have to refresh my memory. But if I'm not wrong, HR was being thrown out by innkeeper cos she all dirty and beggarlike. Guo Jing saw and pitied her so said he'll pay for her food. Huang Rong was very happy cos she thought got a dumb fool for her to play with so she went in and ordered a lot of food and made him pay. But Guo Jing very happy to pay for her and they chatted a lot. He told her about where he came from (Mongolia) and she was very interested cos it was all so foreign to her. In the end, when they were leaving, Guo Jing even gave her his cloak cos he see she is so shabbily dressed. So she was very touched. And when she cheekily asked him if she can have his red horse, he even agreed.

I think after that, she came to look for him again and invited him to eat again. But he said he got not enough money to treat her again. So she said don't worry and this time they really sat down and ate. She ordered simple food. Later he told her where he was heading for (to meet Yang Kang to duel) and she decided to follow him secretly.

When he was standing up for Mu Nian Ci when Yang Kang bully her, there were these baddies who had a grudge against him cos they had followed Wan Yan Hong Li to Mongolia but were beaten and humiliated by Guo Jing and his 7 teachers. So the baddies wanted to catch him to beat him up. But HUang Rong appeared and distracted them. So the baddies chasing after her instead. But she pretend don't know any skills so very clumsy.

Later, the baddies wanted to ambush Guo Jing but Huang Rong secretly catch all of them and string them up on a tree for him.

I think it was after this, she arranged to appear before him on a boat in female clothes. He was very stunned by her beauty cos she looked like a fairy to him.

I may have missed out some things but more or less like that.

Yea I think I forgot about that. They did meet a second time (with HR as a beggar still) before GJ saw her as a girl. The part where GJ was telling her about the snow fairies was so cute

ahhh i see. thanks alot. geuss that way u can see if a person is realy kind and nice instead of being pretentious. many thankz

Quote Originally Posted by xuelian
    "yi jian ru gu" literally translates to strangers who meet each other for the first time, yet get along as though they've known each other for a long time.
    I see. Agree with the phrase. I also think if the story is changed, and HR was really a boy, perhaps they could become sworn brothers.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

why did yang kang bully mu nian ci ? they had the love affair and got yang guo. was it like one of those 'boy meets girl, boy fights with girl, boy and girl get to know each other and fall in love' story.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    why did yang kang bully mu nian ci ? they had the love affair and got yang guo. was it like one of those 'boy meets girl, boy fights with girl, boy and girl get to know each other and fall in love' story.
    They had a very weird relationship. Since Yang Kang won her in a duel, Nian Ci felt a sort of belonging to him as per the conditions of the duel (whoever won her would win her hand in marriage). Yang Kang's natural charm and sweettalking abilities made her all the more attracted. On the other hand, Mu Nian Ci was drop dead gorgeous, and she got Yang Kang there.

Even from the first time they met a conflict of beliefs arose, foreshadowing the later events. Yang Kang was brought up in the Jin palace as a spoilt young prince. Even after he knew his real father was Yang Tiexin, and not Wang Yan Hong Lie, he refused to switch sides. Nian Ci was brought up by Yang Tiexin himself as a foster daughter, and to see Tiexin's real son insult his memory like that by betraying his true heritage hurt her. She was a respectable woman with strong conviction of what was right and wrong. As a Song woman, she refused to become a woman of the Jin palace.

However, Nian Ci was also weak at heart, and Yang Kang managed to somehow twist his misdeeds to good ones with his way with words. Each time he told her he would change, and she would believe him. The thing is, Yang Kang really loved her, but he really loved his title and riches as well. He didn't want one without the other, he wanted both. It's not really an 'affair' as well. They did hold a short ceremony by themselves before having Yang Guo. Yang Kang refused to keep his promise to leave the palace with Nian Ci, and instead went back. He died shortly after, and even Nian Ci said "he deserved it".

edit: typos

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

that's more intresting then what i expectd.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Wow, xuelian, you wrote a very nice summary.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Hmm. there was a difference between the novel and the tv serials for Yang Kang and Mu NianCi.

For the novel, Yang Kang was really a spoilt prince of Jin. He liked Mu Nianci because he was touched by her feelings for him. She was beautiful and devoted to him so he also tempted, I suppose. He wanted best of both worlds and had no problems in lying to her just to get her. I don't really remember them holding any ceremony before uh hm... creating Yang Guo. If I don't remember wrongly, the Qiu Qian Ren tried to give Yang Kang some drugging potion to spike Mu Nianci so he can sleep with her and she will never leave him. Cos that time Mu Nianci and him were having fights about how he is still with all these baddies. Mu Nianci overheard their evil plans. But I guess Yang kang is smarter than that. He instead confessed this plan to Mu Nianci and said how he can never harm her or bluff her like that. So she was taken in and suckered into "creating Yang Guo". I think he confess first cos he know like that she will willingly go to bed with him and stay with him. whereas if he used the drug, she may leave after that or kill herself.

In the 1980s show where Miu Kiu Wai acted as Yang Kang, he really did love Mu Nianci and he did try to reform but could not take the hardship of being a commoner. Also he loved his Jin prince father who raised and doted on him all his life. So he returned to his side. (the one in the book just wanted the power and riches) The drugging plan was the same. but this time the drug was supposed to make her listen to everything he said. She'll be like a puppet. IN the end, he couldn't do it cos he loved her and didn't want an empty shell. So she was touched and "created Yang Guo" with him.
    In the show it was very sad when he died cos Mu Nianci loved him and he loved her too. He regretted everything but too late. The song she sang at his death so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    Hmm. there was a difference between the novel and the tv serials for Yang Kang and Mu NianCi.

For the novel, Yang Kang was really a spoilt prince of Jin. He liked Mu Nianci because he was touched by her feelings for him. She was beautiful and devoted to him so he also tempted, I suppose. He wanted best of both worlds and had no problems in lying to her just to get her. I don't really remember them holding any ceremony before uh hm... creating Yang Guo. If I don't remember wrongly, the Qiu Qian Ren tried to give Yang Kang some drugging potion to spike Mu Nianci so he can sleep with her and she will never leave him. Cos that time Mu Nianci and him were having fights about how he is still with all these baddies. Mu Nianci overheard their evil plans. But I guess Yang kang is smarter than that. He instead confessed this plan to Mu Nianci and said how he can never harm her or bluff her like that. So she was taken in and suckered into "creating Yang Guo". I think he confess first cos he know like that she will willingly go to bed with him and stay with him. whereas if he used the drug, she may leave after that or kill herself.
    This scene was in LOCH '03, exactly as you said.

LOCH 03? Who acted in that? Is it the China series with Zhou Xun? I never watched that. I found Zhou Xun not pretty enough to be Huang Rong. Mu Nianci was gorgeous tho. But Yang Kang was not handsome enough. Yang Kang is supposed to be dashing, especially all dressed up in his prince clothes. To me, the perfect Yang kang was Miu Kiu Wai. That means in the 03 version, they followed the book and Yang Kang was not a good guy at all, is it? Cos the Miu Kiu Wai version, he was just torn between 2 worlds. His adopted father who he knew and trusted and a natural father whom he has no feelings for and is very strict and harsh with him.

The actor for Guo Jing in the CHina series was ok looking. since Guo Jing was not handsome anyway. Just supposed to be well built.

Would I fall in love with a hot beggar? hmmmm
    Last edited by SkineePanda; 11-26-04 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkineePanda
    Would I fall in love with a hot beggar? hmmmm
    If the hot beggar was Zhou Xun or Athena Chu, then I definately would
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Hot female beggar, maybe I would. Hot male beggar, definitely not

Quote Originally Posted by JigSta
    If the hot beggar was Zhou Xun or Athena Chu, then I definately would
    If that hot beggar was Barbara...I'd rather become a nun in Mie Jue's Er Mei school.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."