Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jay's concert in Singapore

Default Jay's concert in Singapore

Hey,

Will anyone here be going? let us know how was the experience and his performance?

Me! me! I am going to tomorrow night concert.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

OMG I saw his concert in HK and it was great!!!

Totally enjoyed myself!!

This concert is slightly different from his previous one....it is more mellow filled with lots of ballads and a true musical fest! My fav was the jamming session between the DJ and the drummer!

And of course, how can we miss him playing the piano and rendering all those hits one after another!

To whoever is attending this concert, HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Hey tinac, I am going for tonight's concert too!!! AAAhhh, can't wait!!!!!

.... give us an update, ok?

I just came back from the concert, and I am so HIGH that I CANT sleep AT ALL!!!!! Its ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!
    Jay sang a whole array of songs from all his albums, I thought he would concentrate on his last 2 albums but he sang quite a number of songs from the first and second album. It was, like il mare said, a true musical fest for the fans. The jamming session was way way cool and I love the way Jay played the piano with the Nan Quan mama guy, it was brilliant!! And I love the pink piano too!
    Argh, I am so pump up from the concert, I dont think I will be able to sleep tonight!!

Oh, by the way, a bit of trivia... I saw JJ Lin Jun Jie at the concert (as audience). He's one of my fav singers too... hehe, talk about double happiness.
    And I saw Sylvester and Taufik (the finalists of Singapore Idol) at the concert, which was quite funny, hmm, I never knew Taufik could understand Jay's song, heck, sometimes even I can't understand what he's singing too.

great...thks for update...

Hi Beansprouts, which side did you seat? I was lucky 'coz I was seating at the North Entrance, so I got to face Jay when he came down on the cross. And the Piano was in front of us, so we got to see a lot of him. I feel bad for people who got the tickets on other sides ... they paid the same but gotta see less of him.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

I came in from the North entrance too, but I walked almost half the stadium before reaching my seat. Jay was facing my side when he came out too, in fact, he was facing my side for majority of the concert . The piano was to the left of me. Think I should be sitting somewhere around you. I feel kinda sad for the other side too, they hardly get to see him except when he sang the slower songs accompanied by the guitars. And that was pretty short.

U LUCKY PPL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i wanted 2 c his concert so much, but i'm from sydney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! y can't jay haf a concert in australia???????!!!!!!!
    Nie Yuan's official site:
    http://www.nieyuan.net/?u=6381

English Forum:
    http://nieyuan.invisionplus.net

Yeah I agree we're a lucky bunch to be able to catch Jay Live in concert. It was truly an amazing experience !
    Heh, don't think he will ever go to Australia to hold concert. Fly to Singapore or Malaysia the next time he holds a concert here. Kind of expensie... but i think it will be worth it.

but y???? wat's wrong wif sydney??? i haven't got da $$ 2 go all da way 2 Singapore or Malaysia!!!!

English Forum:

hehe, I dont think there's anything wrong with Sydney. Just that there probably aren't enough fans there for Jay to hold a concert in Sydney.

Yea, I know I'm from Sydney too!! If Jay had a concert I would do anything to go...it's so sad

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_snow
    Yea, I know I'm from Sydney too!! If Jay had a concert I would do anything to go...it's so sad
    I NOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    there's so many ppl here who wants 2 go 2 a jay concert!!! even sum of my non-asian friends wanna go!!!!!!!!!

English Forum:

Quote Originally Posted by annaij7211
    I NOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    there's so many ppl here who wants 2 go 2 a jay concert!!! even sum of my non-asian friends wanna go!!!!!!!!!
    Really? Even the non-asian ones??? Man, Jay has a lot more fans than I thought!! I really wish he could come...

If there are really that many fans in Australia, you guys can start a petition or something. The Madonna fans in Singapore did something like that quite a few years ago, and they manage to gather quite a number of signatures I think. But unfortunately, material girl still did not come to Singapore to perform.

Ah, well, you guys can always try. If Jay can hold concerts in the States, there's no reason why he wouldn't hold one in Sydney if there are enough fans.

supposedly jay was gonna have a concert here in melbourne but he cancelled it to have a concert in LA where the auditorium was less than 1/3 filled and everyone sat at the bck... the organisers didnt wanna make jay feel bad so they moved everyone to the front and lost soooo much money... poor jay... he shoulda stuck to australia... play a few shows in sydney... and melbourne... and queensland... *sigh*... i soooo wanted to go... everyone was so hyped... asian and non asian friends of mine and me... we even started saving money... gRrr...

Quote Originally Posted by frAnni
    supposedly jay was gonna have a concert here in melbourne but he cancelled it to have a concert in LA where the auditorium was less than 1/3 filled and everyone sat at the bck... the organisers didnt wanna make jay feel bad so they moved everyone to the front and lost soooo much money... poor jay... he shoulda stuck to australia... play a few shows in sydney... and melbourne... and queensland... *sigh*... i soooo wanted to go... everyone was so hyped... asian and non asian friends of mine and me... we even started saving money... gRrr...
    same here!!!! sum1 told me dat jay might come 2 australia at da end of da year. can any1 confirm dis???
    Last edited by annaij7211; 01-17-05 at 05:43 AM.

English Forum:

where did u get this info becuz i was at the LA concert and it was a full house! most of the tickets had been sold - only the cheap back tickets on the balcony were still available a wk b4 the concert. pls do not report rubberish.

Quote Originally Posted by frAnni