Page 3 of 280 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Vicki Zhao Wei (赵薇)

Where is everyone? No pic on Vicki, HXM, and Chen Kun?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Exclamation

hey i just read a lill news posted by Southern Crane in Intertainment News forum.

Our lovely, adorable, eye-candy, sweet, cute Zhao Wei ranked third in Forbes China Celebrity List, released today by Forbes China.

check this out (I didnt quote the whole post)

The list surveyed the income and popularity of leaders in film, sports, media, music and publishing. Listees were born and raised in mainland China; celebrities from Hong Kong and Taiwan weren't included. The China list is modeled on Forbes' annual Celebrity 100 list.

Yao led the way as the #1 Chinese celebrity with the second-highest 2003 income, following Hollywood star Jet Li who ranked #1 in income. Though income was the biggest single factor in compiling the list of 100 mainland Chinese celebrities -- which tracks the actual transfer of fame into fortune over the past year -- media coverage and Web hits within China also figured prominently.

Forbes China Top 10 of 100 Mainland Chinese Celebrities:

Name / Profession / Pre-tax income in 2003 (US$ Million)

1. Yao Ming / basketball player / 14.49
    2. Zhang Ziyi / film actress / 3.14
    3. Zhao Wei / TV/film actress/singer / 2.29
    4. Faye Wong / singer/actress / 3.38
    5. Gong Li / film actress / 3.38
    6. Zhang Yimou / film director / 2.17
    7. Zhou Xun / actress/singer / 1.45
    8. Leon Lai / singer/actor / 7.97
    9. Sun Nan / singer / 2.90
    10. Jet Li / actor / 16.91
    WAY TO GO, WEI WEI~!!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-11-04 at 08:56 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    no, there isn't any picture of the three together! since they always avoid being in the same place (at least in front of media)..haha, i will try to find picture of them *old picture..of them while in school and graduation picture) and maybe a "poster" of them
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

Hi Newbie here, just want to say I absolutely adore Zhao Wei as an actress and an avid AV fan as well.

Originally posted by starkat15
    an avid AV fan as well.
    yay av fan!!! kakakak welcome starkat15! hmmm since i've posted this over at alec's thread, might as well do it here. HAPPY (early) VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ee.domaindlx.com/thuhien85/alecnvicky3copy.jpg')
    "I'm madly in love with the girl that i've accidently shot with my own arrows; Xiao Yan Zi"

Talking

hey starkat15!

welcome to our club!! make yourself at home.....we're all family here in AV fan thread...ehehehe......
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Originally posted by starkat15
    Hi Newbie here, just want to say I absolutely adore Zhao Wei as an actress and an avid AV fan as well.
    Welcome starkat15!

and great poster Hien!!
    wow great to see you here to ghostdarTeal'c 9one of my favorite fanfic writer)

=============

Here is a picture from Forbes.com
    infromation fr0m forbes.com and zhaoweinetfamily
    Forbes China's Top Celebrities: Power Rank 3
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.forbes.com/images/2004/02/10/china_3.jpg')
    China's most-interviewed movie star appeared in four films last year.

========
    from zhaoweinetfamily

Vicki's movie Jade Goddess and Green Tea is showing up at Berlin Film Fest.!

also Green Tea will be showing up in Italy and France, in March and April at international film festival!
    =======
    as of now, no news of what she willbe filming next. I hope there will be surprise in store for us all!

Hien, that is simply gorgeous. *stares and sighs*

Hee! Bio is a fan of Ghosty too!
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

ooo'oohh, bio, thanx for the pic!

WEI WEI power!! yeaahhh!!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Sina media disclosed vicki's earning since 2001 till now is 100 Million Yuan (US 12.8 Mil). Each TV episode, she will earn 100,000 Yuan ( US 12,000 -13,000 ) and that the price in 2001. The 100,00 yuan is the highest amount paid for a China actress in TV drama, which is amount the same as korean tv actor/actress in TV drama. And reportedly highest paying for ANY chinese TV actror/actress in China speaking entertainment world.

Vicki have yet to have a movie that hit big in the international level, nor did she start in movie that is 100% back up by forgein investment. And her earning for last year, is all MOVIES *only 2*, consider other the top winner either earn their income from forein investment production or starring in forgein film/advertisement.

--But that can't lure vicki back to drama, since she yet to find a script she like. There are talk of her making a drama in 2004, which know as "National Smoke, and Cloud" there also "Teary Mole" and some Korean-China production (not sure if it movie or drama)

Vicki emphasized her major work for 2004 is a music album..but there are talk of her taking quiet number of movie directed by top notch directors-which one TV drama or movie she film in 2004 is still a mystery, since she been "hidding" out of media limelight and reportedly working on her album and preparing for movie (which she stated in her message at zhaoweinetfamily)

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    here is a picture of vicki and her classmate-chen kun is also in it..

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images2.fotki.com/v20/photos/4/42815/137882/1047967537-vi.jpg')
    vicki is at the bottom, while chen kun is on top on the left hand side.

here is a picture of beijing film academy class of 1996-2000
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images2.fotki.com/v21/photos/4/42815/137882/1047967664-vi.jpg')
    vicki is in the front role, the second person from the right
    huang xiao ming(1st from the right) and chen kun (2nd from right) in second row.
    Last edited by bio; 02-16-04 at 09:09 PM.

cool! wow, Vicki was pretty even then...
    but I remember on Artistic life, they were once saying how out of her classmates, she was considered ugly...
    I thought she looked better than a whole lot of them in those pictures!
    smile!^_^
    ...and if you felt happy for that small second, wasn't it worth it!

eh, anyone knows if Zhao Wei has any oncoming action movies??

And what about TV, is she reconsidering her decision on that too?? its pretty sad that she decided to leave and make it for movies full-time....it'd be more satisfying to see her in roles that take more than two hours to actually effects viewers heart......plus can see her in long run too...

rather sad and shocked to hear her leaving TV Drama for good.....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Originally posted by yogurtpo3
    cool! wow, Vicki was pretty even then...
    but I remember on Artistic life, they were once saying how out of her classmates, she was considered ugly...
    I thought she looked better than a whole lot of them in those pictures!
    if i'm not wrong, it was vicki who make that statement, not only on Artistic Life but in magazine interview as well. She talk about hard work, and how is not pretty, she have to work harder to get to where she is rite now......which is rare for a female actress to said....

Originally posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    eh, anyone knows if Zhao Wei has any oncoming action movies??

And what about TV, is she reconsidering her decision on that too?? its pretty sad that she decided to leave and make it for movies full-time....it'd be more satisfying to see her in roles that take more than two hours to actually effects viewers heart......plus can see her in long run too...

rather sad and shocked to hear her leaving TV Drama for good.....
    i don't know if she will film another action movie, but there is a good chance she might......

I don't think rule out TV drama lah..it's just that she haven't find a script she like, or want to film, and that why we haven't see any new TV drama from her since QSSYMM. There report she really interested in "National Smoke and Cloud" and "Teary Mole" as her role is 100% different from her previous on either in TV or Movie.

Teary Mole seem to be waitng for it's leading star-Vicki and Liu Ye schedule to be free....while National Smoke and Cloud reportedly will begin filming in June, July 2004. But we'll have to wait until then to know if vicki film it or not...

Ohh...so Teary Mole is still up! Cool!!
    I hear about these things in zwnetfamily, but I can never be bothered enough to read the looong passages of chinese...hehe...

Vicki thinks she wasn't pretty? She must've not looked in the mirror enough...hehe! ^^
    smile!^_^
    ...and if you felt happy for that small second, wasn't it worth it!

Well, if you think about it, back then, Vicki was still relying on the 'cute' image, and in all honesty, she isn't the drop dead gorgeous female actress, so I guess her statement does have truth, although I seriously don't think it should've made that big of a difference because A) she is pretty even if not gorgeous and B) she has talent.

*peeps around* Did I just offend anyone with my "she's not gorgeous" statement?
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

What is Teary Mole about? Sounds it has somthin (BIG somethin)to do with tears.....which would make it not my taste......is it another tragic love story???.....but what the heck...if Vicki is in it, then im onto it.....if its not for her, i wouldnt even consider to consider watching it.......

and i have to agree with tenshi. Vicki isnt drop dead gorgeous, but she is indeed pretty......and with talent pretty can be waaaaayyy above gorgeous.......so i guess now Vicki scored in both...ehehehe
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

from what i know, both of her rumor to be tv drama is indeed tragedy. Teary Mole is a modern drama, based on a chinese citizen in japan, in search for her mother...

national smoke and cloud is another tragic story set in the early 1920's...

hmm action movie--don't you think it would be cool to see "Sue" going up against the "Charlie's Angel" hahaha..i would love to see it! but unfortunately, i don't think there is a sequel/prequel of So Close plan for filming...

Originally posted by bio
    from what i know, both of her rumor to be tv drama is indeed tragedy. Teary Mole is a modern drama, based on a chinese citizen in japan, in search for her mother...

national smoke and cloud is another tragic story set in the early 1920's...
    oh boy...ohboy, story about family...it'd be cool.

eh, somehow, i really hope Vicki'd take on roles that relate to war.

I remember one time long ago, there was a story..dont remember the title, somethin like Love at A Time of War. didnt really attract me (ehehe, because of the LOve at the front) but i had nothing to do so i watched it a few eps, whaddayanoe, it was good indeed.

'Bout a super-nice, ambitious reporter having her ups and downs and having to share her affection to a man with her best friend, then when she finally married him(of course, this is already near the climax), the war broke out. they became spies (she's the patriotic, rebellious type), got separated, she went to search for him, he went to search for her, finally the guy met with her spy partner during one of her missions(she was pregnant this time, insisted on takin the mission coz the japanese would be searchin for a woman, not a pregnant woman). They never met tho( i think *thinking hard) coz i only remember the boy waslike 2-3 when his mom took up another mission to infiltrate Shanghai (coz she heard her husband is there). This time the mission got blown, her partner was killed while she went inside town. In town, she was pursued and getting cornered by the enemy. The last scene i saw her is that she confronted with one of her pursuer, pointing guns at each other's head. The next scene was her husband holding his son and telling his freinds(who are also her spy counterparts) that he will keep on searching for her. THE END.

ahhhh....so touching, i can never forget the look on her face when she pointed the gun at the pursuer. i didnt believe that it was the final ep (hey, it did look kinda hanging), so i waited the next day..but nope, there was a new drama on. so frustrating that it was indeed the final ep...urrghhh..!

man, how i wish Vicki was playing the reporter....(now lah, coz back then i dont know who zhao wei is) *grinning sheepishly* and alec playing the hard-to-get hunk! lol....pretty funny to think alec as hunk, but what the heck...they look so good with each other...i just wish they'd do a drama together again...(not a chance i guess).

hmm action movie--don't you think it would be cool to see "Sue" going up against the "Charlie's Angel" hahaha..i would love to see it! but unfortunately, i don't think there is a sequel/prequel of So Close plan for filming...
    oh yeah...it;d be great! *whispers* why dont i go into the producer's (or chould it be the director?ghostdart is bad when it comes to production people) dream tonite and make him want to make the sequel? lolz.....what is the name of the producer again? ekekekeke......
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-18-04 at 06:27 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -