Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: arcade game for jin yong characters

didnt managed to get my copy of Cd.. cannot find it in s'pore.. .. but, i downloaded it.. .. found it abit difficult to look for directions.. ..hmm.. ..
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

Thanks Guo Jiang and Xiao Feng, for your further advice.

Haha, I get advice from 2 of Jin Yong's most well-loved characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Jing
    Hi, would like to add on to Xiao Feng's post with regards to the sparring partner portion. Besides Hu Fei, whom i suggest u recruit early so as to build up his skills to fight miao ren feng to get the xue shan fei hu book, there are some other sparring partners who wont kill you after you lost to them.

1. Golden flower granny, who lives in an isolated island called ling she dao. You need to first release Hu qing niu's wife whom she captured to the island, then fight her. Subsequently u can go in and out of the island to fight her to increase ur experience. Good sparring partner for beginner levels

2. Ou Yang Ke. I like to fight this guy at the beginning because he is easy to defeat and can help to gain useful experience and up levels. But be careful, you will die if u lose to him.

3. Zhou Bo Tong. Dont expect to beat him in the early stages. Useful point earner in the latter stages when u have mastered many top level skills to beat him.

4. Zhang San Feng. Go to Wudang sect to look for him. After u lose to him at each level of combat (i think there are 3), he will giv u a manual for u to train up. (At the beginning after u lose to him in one stroke, he will giv u a manual to improve ur qinggong. You need to improve before looking for him again, if not he would just ask u to go back and train up after defeating you. At the next level, he would giv u Tai ji quan manual. Lastly is Tai ji sword manual. After u defeat him, he would say he got nothing to teach u liao)

5. Qiu Chu Ji of Quan Zhen Sect (beside Old Tomb Sect). Similar to ZSF, he will giv u manuals after u lose to him. But if u beat him, he would be angry and not share anything with you. So even u can beat him, must pretend to lose so he will share with you the skills
    I wouldn't worry about Hu Fei this early on. He is the easiest amongst the training partners to beat. Golden flower granny is pretty tough at the beginning. And Zhou Bo Tong, don't even consider it yet (Even with Dragon Palms at max and L/R technique I was fearful of the Old Imp cos he can cause serious damage if your aren't careful, my advice is to go look for him after you've maxed your Ye Qiu Quan and L/R Technique. One turn victory everytime). Ou Yang Ke is tricky because like Guo Jing said, you die if you lose.

Zhang San Feng part is fun, cos you get all these cool manuals. The cons is he can hurt you pretty badly. So everytime you let him kick your arse, you'll need to eat a lot of healing med. BTW, he'll only give you manuals if your virtue is high enough, otherwise forget it.

Qiu Chu Ji??? This one I didn't know. What a surprise! Cos everytime I played I just stuffed his ***. Didn't occur to me he would give me some manuals.

For Hu Fei, there is a nice little boost you can get for him that will guarantee victory against Miao Ren Feng. Get the Pi Li Kuang Dao and Pi Li Dao Fa from Wei Xiao Bao. Learn this and annihalate Miao Ren Feng in a few rounds. Hu Fei is pretty quick at levelling up so no worries, he's not a SPT or XZ who takes a billion years. And you get Fei Hu Wai Zhuan for winning. Xue Shan Fei Hu you get from the cave with the abominable snowmans, along with loads of money

This sounds like a really cool game! Too bad I'm only on my first year of chinese or else I would have bought the game. Out of curiosity has anyone tried pitting Xiao Feng against Duan Yu? I've always wondered whether 18 Dragon Subduing Palms would win over 6 Meridian Divine Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by 18_Dragon_Palms
    This sounds like a really cool game! Too bad I'm only on my first year of chinese or else I would have bought the game. Out of curiosity has anyone tried pitting Xiao Feng against Duan Yu? I've always wondered whether 18 Dragon Subduing Palms would win over 6 Meridian Divine Sword.
    If you are familiar with most of the plot of the 14 novels written by Jin Yong, u will not have much problem understanding the dialog. I have never attended chinese school before. I only took a 1 week once chinese class during my primary year 4 (which I admit I learn next to nothing from because I just mostly read the pinyin in the text book and hardly saw the characters above the pinyin ). I learn chinese mostly from songs lyrics and series subtitles. Even with my poor chinese, I can still understand the dialog, because I can guess the meaning of the dialog from my knowledge of the plots in the novels (but of course, I do recognise at least 50% of the characters in the dialogs). Since u have been studying chinese for 1 year, I think u will have sufficient knowledge to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 18_Dragon_Palms
    18 dragon palms and 6MDS are on par for this game, 18 palms slightly better , more consistant in damage

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    If you are familiar with most of the plot of the 14 novels written by Jin Yong, u will not have much problem understanding the dialog. I have never attended chinese school before. I only took a 1 week once chinese class during my primary year 4 (which I admit I learn next to nothing from because I just mostly read the pinyin in the text book and hardly saw the characters above the pinyin ). I learn chinese mostly from songs lyrics and series subtitles. Even with my poor chinese, I can still understand the dialog, because I can guess the meaning of the dialog from my knowledge of the plots in the novels (but of course, I do recognise at least 50% of the characters in the dialogs). Since u have been studying chinese for 1 year, I think u will have sufficient knowledge to play the game.
    Actually I'm on my first year of chinese, so far I've only had a semister of it so I only know maybe 200-250 words. Thats a far cry of the 2,000-3,000 words necessary for everyday use. I probably wont understand even one-tenth of it so I'm probably going to have a huge problem with the game. I'm going to major in chinese so in about three more years I'll be able to enjoy this game in all of its glory.

Quote Originally Posted by hentaixp
    18 dragon palms and 6MDS are on par for this game, 18 palms slightly better , more consistant in damage
    How about when you have to take out a huge group of people like what Xiao Feng had to do to save Ah Zhi life. Is the dragon palms more like an area affect style where its designed to take out huge groups of people?

hm... I cant seems to find the Pi Xie Jian Fai... any help? I've tried talking to the diciple outside the Ching Cheng Pai.. .. but all they say was the same thing.. any help
    thanx :P
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

The Dragon Palms give more damage in this game but you can only hit one person at a time. The 6 Meridian Swords hurt more ppl but only if they are in the same row/line. So, if your opponents are lined up (up to 7 or 8) then the 6 Meridian Swords would be better. For hitting the bosses, Dragon Palms is the 3rd best right after Ye Qiu Quan (Wild Ball Fist) and Pi Xie Jian Fa (Evil Resisting Swordplay).

For taking out huge groups of ppl, the best is 9 Yang Shen Gong (it doesn;t deal the most damage amongst wide area effect/splash damage skills but almost everyone can leant it). DuGu 9 Jian is good, so is Tai Xuan Shen Gong (Ode to Gallantry skill), so is Pi Li Kuang Dao. But the best area effect skill is a skill the players can't learn which is used by Dong Fang Bu Bai (Easily the most formidable foe in the game) which can hit me for 200++ hit points which is HUGE considering I maxed out my hit points at 999, plus my defense stat is maxed as well (plus Huang Rongs body armour, plus Yi Tian Jian). I have no idea what the skill is called but its awesome. The only characters who deal more damage is Guo Jing and Zhou Bo Tong who can hit twice in a turn.

To Get Pi Xie Jian Fa: Right after the first time you kick Yu Chang Hai and his lackeys butt, right after finishing conversations, DON'T go out the place. Go straight to the side (left side of the pathway and the trees) and talk to one of the disciple there. He'll tell you where it is. After that go back to Lin Ping Zhi and tell him. Go out of his place, go in again and voila, he'll join you and you get Pi Xie Jian Fa, the swordplay that deals the most damage in the game.
    Last edited by Xiao Feng; 01-01-05 at 01:49 PM.

Hmm.. ... if i exit the place will I still be able to get Pi Xie Jian Fai?? Btw.. ... Yue Ye Quan is giving me a difficult time... I have problems leveling it up. .... taking very very long to level it up... ....
    Btw I cant find Wei xiao Bao... how do i find him? thanx
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

Can you learn the Shaolin 72 Arts? I've heard that the Shaolin 72 Arts is the best martial arts in the entire Jin Yong universe but no ones been able to master all of them. Is it in the game?

To JunBao: Sorry dude. You only get one shot at asking the guy. Once you exit the place, its gone. I hope you have a save game handy. No big loss anyway cos you still got the Ye Qiu Quan. Levelling it is a bit of a pain, keep using it as much as possible all the time is all I can say. But, its really really worth it when you maxed it.

To 18 Dragon Palms: You speak of the 72 arts as if they are one skill. No its not, it comprises of all Shaolin arts, from the beginners level to the very profane and advanced. Some are very good, for example the Yi Jin Jing, but few could master it. In the game, theres is the Yi Jin Jing, Xi Shui Jing and Da Mo Jian Fa. I think thats about it, unless I missed some.

I've been trying to look for this game too but can't seem to find it. Would appreciate it if someone can send me a link. Thanks.
    Dragon2005

Shouldn't this topic be put in Gaming/Anime forum?

Hi Xiao Feng,

Got some question again. How can I level up Ye Qiu Quan? When I get a sword manual from Lin Ping Zhi's house, I let my character learn it. But after that everytime I won a fight only this skill increase level, eventhough I use Ye Qiu Quan a lot more than this skill. Now this sword skill is up to level 2, but Ye Qiu Quan is still in level 1. There's a stat in the skill part of the table where they put the experience point u have gain for certain skills. Like that sword skills, it has something like 22/150. But I didn't see such thing for Ye Qiu Quan. So, will my Ye Qiu Quan skill stil incearse if i didn't have it in the learning list? I want to drop that sword skill from my learning list, but dunno how.

Wild Ball Fist (this sounds so wrong in English...) doesn't have a manual. You can level up a skill by either use it a lot of times or by giving your character a manual. The latter is much easier. However, if the skill doesn't have a manual, the only way is to use it over and over and over and over again. You can try hitting air. I think it requires you to use the skill 60~ times in order to gain a level.

Hi AresInvincible and Xiao Feng,

1) I've just finished fighting the Kuan Lun guy (what's his name?) who refuse to let the doctor go. After I defeated him the doctor dissapeared and that guy said nothing again. Is that all? Or am I suppose to cure the daughter? If I am suppose to cure the daughter, how?

2) Ian Liew said Duan Yu will run away run away with WYY later on. Will he take which ever manual he is learning with him? (I'm avoiding any place that potential have WYY now, since I don't want to lost the 'Ling Bo Wei Bu' manual Duan Yu is learning now).

I've now given the '9 Yang' manual to myself to learn, so, now ZWJ has nothing to learn except 'Bei Ming Shen Gong' and this martial art in so easy to rise level that it is near becoming the highest level among ZWJ's skills. Hope myself finished learning '9 Yang' soon so that I can give back the manual to ZWJ. I've also gotten SPT. That '18 Figurine' skill is crazy. '9 Yang' only needs 1500 points to learn, this skill needs 7000 points .

Lastly, AresInvincible,

Thanks for telling me how the level of skills without manual is rised. My 'Ye Qiu Quan' has rise a level now.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-16-05 at 09:13 PM.

The 18 figurines skills is very important for the main character. It turns your internal energy neutral meaning you can learn both yin and yang skills. but other than that it does nothing in combat.

7000 skill is easy to learn just fight jin hua po po a few times and kick her *** non stop.

Another easy way to learn to wild ball fist is to get a party with everyone with bei min shen gong. go to jin hua po po and start to suck her internal energy. when she has 0 left she cannot do anything then just keep hitting her with ye qiu quan until she dies with will take you from lvl 1 to lvl 5 at least. I think i leveled it to lvl 7 before from one match. after that it will start to take a while cause you actually do some damage with the silly skill

Thanks Khan for the tips.

Btw, is Dik Yun just going to sit there at the pagoda throughout the game? I ask him to join, but he said he is a bad luck person. So, refuse to join me.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-16-05 at 10:42 PM.