Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: arcade game for jin yong characters

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Thanks Khan for the tips.

Btw, is Dik Yun just going to sit there at the pagoda throughout the game? I ask him to join, but he said he is a bad luck person. So, refuse to join me.
    Dik Yun requires a high virtue also. The 18 figurine skill takes 2000 exp pts to learn a level for normal guys with normal intelligence. SPT is stupid, so it takes a lot more. Give it to LHC and it takes only 1000 pts. You should give 9 Yang to SPT. Then you will know the agony which exceeds watching paint dry. I think SPT is by far the most stupid playable character in the game. So bear with him, cos he's the only one who can get the Xia Ke Xing skill.

Yup you finished with the Kunlun fella. Thats it, until he shows up somewhere else but that doesn't matter.

Ok the DY and WYY matter. The first time you will meet WYY is at MRF's place (the nice little house surrounded by a pool of water nearby the 4 idiots of jiangnan's place). DY will want to stay with WYY then until you solved the TLBB book. So, my advice is to ask DY to leave your group when going to MRF's place so you don't "lose" him. BTW, all posession is yours and wouldn't matter if DY or anyone else left.

Bear with the Ye Qiu Quan. Its a pain to level but its worth it. Keep on using it. BTW, you can't drop a skill that ypu've learnt. You've got 10 spaces for skills so choose wisely.

Why did the programmer make SPT so stupid?

SPT might be naive in worldly matters, but he is pretty good in learning martial arts. I believe one needs talent to be able to decipher the martial art moves in the Xia Ke Xing poem. Not every illiterate can do it.

And before he learned any proper martial arts, he was able to use the bits and pieces he has learnt before to fight his attackers, based on which one seems most suitable to use at the time.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-17-05 at 04:18 AM.

You can say that again. Before I ran into this joint, I always had the idea that SPT was a complete retard. Thanks to the warped game designers. Of course I also didn't bother to read the book .

But we can all take heart in the fact that the stupid ones in the game kicks the most ***.

Tell me about it.

I had so much trouble making my main charcter stupid enough to learn to 2 attack skill.

Then had to bleed to level him enough to complete zhou bo tong's story so i could get the dumb skill.

Jiu Yang Zhen Jing does seem to increase intelligence though. I remember i made a character that was stupid enough to learn 2 attack but trained JYZJ to max lvl but then i could not learn the 2 attack because i had become smarter.

How can u decrease or increase a character's intelligence? All along I thought it was fix.

So, I'll take care not to let SPT learn 9 Yang, because I think he is the only one qualified to learn L/R technique now, plus it's no fun to watch paint dry.

More questions about SPT.
    1. Will SPT's power increase a lot after he learn the '18 Figurine' skill? Acccording to the actual story, he should.
    2. Or will he only become powerful after he gets the Xia Ke Xing poem martial art?
    3. Is SPT going to take another 7000 pts to learn the Xia Ke Xing martial art?

Btw, even the image/drawing of SPT in the game look like a retard. The way he stands is so weird.

I'm liking ZWJ more and more. His 9 Yang is powerful and he has great healing ability. I'm teaching him 'Bei Ming Shen Gong' now, so he can also su-ck people dry.

Does a character's healing and poisoning ability need to be used often to crease it's power? What about lightness kungfu?

Lastly, the sword I get from SPT's place is kinda useless. I tested it out. My attack power seem to have decrease when I use that sword.

Well, theres no such stat as specifically stated as intelligence. I used to do a trial and error whenever I started the game (you know the part where you choose the stats) to make sure my main character was stupid enough to learn L/R technique. How to know? Theres this shitty swordplay at Lin Ping Zhi's place. Save before you go steal it so you don't decrease your virtue point. Then see how many point you need to learn lvl 1 of the said skill. If its 120 above, the you should qualify as stupid enough to learn the coveted L/R technique.

There are certain skills in the game, such as 9 Yang and 9 Yin, Kui Hua Bao Dian etc. that modifies your stats such as your life, internal energy, attack, defense, lightness, etc. So you might become smarter.

SPT, Xu Zhu, Di Yun all qualify as L/R tech stupid fellas. So all 3 of them can learn. Plus there also XLN who ALREADY knows L/R technique.

The 18 figurine skill neutralises your internal energy as well as increases a few stats IIRC. Its a non levelling skill (like 9 Yin and Kui Hua and those internal energy skills and lightness skills) so you can keep learning it on and on. But theres no need for that. Just learn it once to neutralise your internal energy. Thats it.

SPT will become powerful when you level him up enough and give him proper skills. The problem is SPT takes bleeding long time to level up skills. So the best skill that doesn't take as long is the skill which is tailor made only for him, which is the Xia Ke Xing skill (known in the game as Tai Xuan Shen Gong). Its still long, but not as long as you would need to let him learn 9 Yang.

ZWJ is the bomb. And yes, he's the group's certified healer, at least until you get the healing books from the 3 doctors in the game. Learn them to increase healing stat and make fantastic medicine like Hei Yu Duan Shu Gao. ZWJ doesn't leanr as fast as I would like though. Wanted to let him learn Dragon Palms but its takes quite some time as well (Dragon Palms must be one of the hardest skills to level in the bloody game). Ended the game with ZWJ having 9 Yang, Taichi Quan and Taichi Jian and 7 Sang Quan.

Poisoning is useless. Doesn't do much damage and most of the powerful enemies have got loads of healing potions anyway. You can increase it more with the poison tome you can get from the butterfly valley doctors wife or the 5 poison sect tome.

There are certain books that train only your lightness stat, such as the Ling Bo Wei Bu, Shen Xing Bai Bu, etc. They are non leveling skills that can be learnt until you've maxed out your stat. Also, you might have noticed that all your stats increase when you level up your character.

Funny, that sword should increase like 5 attack points IIRC. Maybe your sword stat is a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    Funny, that sword should increase like 5 attack points IIRC. Maybe your sword stat is a joke?
    Haha, I actually didn't check my stat. I try out by giving the sword to the main character then he go fight a group of people. When he hit 1 of them, the hit point is only 10. Subsequant hits are also quite low. But when I restore the game to before I give him the sword, his first hit point is 14 (don't remember the rest). That's why I feel that the sword decreases my attack power.

Btw, my sis say she can get SPT when she only got 55 virtue points. I think my virtue points is also below 60 when I get SPT. So, I guess SPT is one of those non-judgemantal characters like DY, ZWJ and TBG who can be recruited when ur virtue points is around 50. Wonder if these guys will follow me if I have very low virtue points.

Never thought Cheng Ying would be so virtuous, what with her being WYS's student. She still refuse to join me when my virtue point is 61.

Who is the most intelligent playable character in the game? I never notice how much DY need to level up 'Bei Ming Shen Gong' (I initially thought it was all the same for everyone), but ZWJ only need very few pts to level this skill up in the earlier stage.

How many playable characters are there in the game? Who r they (note: i there're too many, no need to list liao)? Female characters seem especially scarce. So far, all 5 characters (including me) in my group are male. Which is the good female character to recruit and train up?

Its difficult to determine when the damage you deal out is still so low .

Hmmm, forgot....maybe you can get SPT for like 55 virtue pts?
    Once they have followed you, it doesn't matter whether you become good or evil.

Most intelligent I've come across is LHC, learns stuff bleedingly fast. ZWJ and DY are about the same, one level below LHC I guess. Hu Fei also belongs with ZWJ and DY.

How many? Wow, a lot. I'll tell you the ones you can't get instead. You can't get the 4 greats, GJ, HR and XF. These are the ones I remember of the top of my head. Neither can you get most side characters, except Tian Bo Guang, Cheng Ying, Ou Yang Ke. And you definitely won't find the legendary elders in here such as Sweeper, TSTL and LQS although WYZ and SXH does make a cameo to give some boost to XZ.

None of the girls are any good. The best of the lot would be XLN I guess because she knows L/R technique. Cheng Ying you just need to use her as a guide to enter Ying Gu's place.

wang yu yen the best female in the game because if you have her around , your damage done to ppl is doubled

If your virtual point is low enough, you can recruit A Zi and You Tan Zhi after you give them the Ice Silkworm in a broken temple. She will give you Shen Mu Wang Ding, which also increases your poisoning status.

There are 2 people in-game who can increase your intelligence, one is the chef (+5) and the other one is Feng Qing Yang (you find him behind Mountain Hua when you bring Ling Hu Chong)(+3 for you, +5 for Ling Hu Chong). LHC is the smartest character, especially after you talk to Feng Qing Yang, he learns skills mad fast.

Xiao Feng, how did you make Zhang Wu Ji to learn Taichi Sword? His swordplay points are too low to learn any sword skill if I remembered correctly.

The people who can join your team and requirements:

Hu Fei-after you get him the missing 2 pages;

Cheng Ling Su-whenever Hu Fei is in your team;

Di Yun-after you unlock his cell and meet a certain virtual point;

Xu Zhu-virtual point over 80 (or is it 85?);

Duan Yu-anytime at the beginning of game, after meeting with WYY she has to be in your team to let Duan Yu join, after the Xiao Feng incident he can join you at anytime again;*

Mu Rong Fu-after you get the two things he desires, will be gone forever after the Xiao Feng incident;*

Wang Yu Yan-has to have Mu Rong Fu in your team, after the Xiao Feng incident depending on your choice she will either be able to join you at anytime or never anymore;*

Xue Mu Hua-after you show him the Seven-Colored Ring;

A Zi-after you give her the silkworm with very low virtual point (around 20 or 30...);

You Tan Zhi-whenever A Zi is in your team;

Yue Lao San-after you defeat him;

Yang Guo-after you find him (maybe there's a virtual point requirement?);

Xiao Long Nu-after you find her;

Cheng Yin-with high virtual point;

Ou Yang Ke-after you defeat him, whenever there's a female in your team;

Yuan Cheng Zhi-finish his test with a high virtual point;

Ren Wo Xing-joins only the battle with Undefeated East when you have 5 or less teammates;

Ling Hu Chong- after you finish his wine quest;

Ling Ping Zhi-after you defeat Yu Cang Hai for once;

Lan Feng Huang-after the Dragon Island quest;

Tian Bo Guang-anytime if you don't kill him;

Ping Yi Zhi-after you kill Tian Bo Guang;

Shi Po Tian-after you give him the healing wine;

Zhang Wu Ji-after you show him the golden hair;

Hu Qing Niu-after you save his wife;

Wang Nan Gu-after you save her.

*About the Xiao Feng incident: After you fulfill the two wishes of Mu Rong Fu, he will ask to join your team and get a letter from Shaolin Temple to destroy the reputation of Xiao Feng. If you agree and do that, you won't have to fight Xiao Feng to get TLBB, but you have to fight the Shaolin monks and later the beggars once more; if you don't do that, to get TLBB you have to fight Xiao Feng, and later Mu Rong Fu. If you choose the first option, then Wang Yu Yan will not join your team anymore; if you choose the second option, then you HAVE to leave Duan Yu with Wang Yu Yan and Mu Rong Fu until you finish the whole TLBB quest, and both of them will be available to join you anytime afterwards.

However, if you choose the first option (letting Mu Rong Fu join) but do not get the letter from Shaolin Temple, you still have to fight Xiao Feng and then MRF. If you leave MRF, WYY, and DY in your team, then afterwards DY and WYY will be able to join you at anytime afterwards too. However, if you let anyone of them leave your team before fighting Xiao Feng, then afterwards you can only have Duan Yu to join you. So, to summarize, either let all three in your team or none in your team and fight Xiao Feng, then WYY and DY will both be able to join afterwards, otherwise you will only get Duan Yu (and lose a bunch of virtual points).

Remember: after you receive the Martial Art Tournament Invitation, all of the people who can be recruited by you will be gone.
    Last edited by AresInvincible; 01-18-05 at 04:39 PM.

At level 10, Cheng Ying's flute-sword skill is pretty powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    then go help YG at his cave (its near the snow part just before you reach the inn there, still on desert land of course). Whack a snake which is attacking the condor (get snake gall bladder for + energy pts.) and then listen to YG's sob story. Go to Jue Qing Gu (you need the boat for this, its behind the mountain behind Bai Hua Gu) to get the Duan Chang grass and go back and give it to YG. Go out of the cave and go in again. YG will be healed and he will now join you (get badass Iron Sword and Iron Sword skill).
    What do u mean by 'you need the boat for this, its behind the mountain behind Bai Hua Gu'? Do u mean the boat is behind Bai Hua Gu or the Jue Qing Gu is behind Bai Hua Gu?

Quote Originally Posted by AresInvincible
    Hu Fei-after you get him the missing 2 pages;
    I already have that missing 2 pages, but I forget where the hell I got them from. Can u still remember how you got yours? The only Qing dynasty guys I met is Wei Xiao Bao and the poisonous guy who live near South Wisdom's place who want the 14 book I'm looking for.

Btw, thanks for the long list of characters and their requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by AresInvincible
    Ling Ping Zhi-after you defeat Yu Cang Hai for once;
    But I've already defeated Yu Cang Hai and talked to that underling in the far corner and told LPZ about his father and what that underling told me. LPZ just said he will take revenge. But there's no caption asking him to join. Maybe I'll go back and try again.

Btw, I can only have maximum 5 people in my team? So if I already have 5 people, will the others join me or I have to drop some people from my group before I ask them?

Just exit the house and re-enter from the map. He will have learnt the pi xie jian fa and will join you.

Jue Qing Gu is behind Bai Hua Gu; to get there, you need the boat to go into one of the rivers to get there.

The missing two pages you get from defeating Yan Ji.

You have to leave the place, then go back, and Ling Ping Zhi will join you.

Something I forgot: for Cheng Ling Su, you have to first give her the Seven Star Hypericum, then she will join you whenever Hu Fei is in your team.

Also, after the first time your teammates join you, they will always join you no matter if your virtua point changes or doesn't meet certain requirements anymore (eg: you don't need to have Hu Fei in your team after Cheng Ling Su first joins you). Of course it doesn't apply to certain characters such as Duan Yu (you have to finish the Xiao Feng incident first).

You can only have 5 teammates, anymore you have to drop the other ones.

So, if I want dropped teammates to rejoin me, I have to go to the places I first met them?

Nope, they have designated places where they will go to once you ask them to leave your team eg. DY will go to one of the inns when you ask him to leave for a while. Or he'll be at Wu Liang cave with WYY after the XF incident. If they haven't joined you for the first time then they'll be at their original location.

Sometimes, to activate a different response from the game you need to exit and reenter a place or retalk to a person.

Cheng Ying is still crap. I can think of 10 skills off the top of my head that are better than the flute skill BEFORE level 10.

Well done AresInvincible. Now some comments.

If your virtual point is low enough, you can recruit A Zi and You Tan Zhi after you give them the Ice Silkworm in a broken temple. She will give you Shen Mu Wang Ding, which also increases your poisoning status.
    Its 40 virtue pts. Not really low actually. And the best thing you can get out of this is the Yi Jin Jing. Hua Gong Da Fa (by training with the Shen Mu Wang Ding) is inferior to Bei Ming Shen Gong so no need to bother. Ah Qi is crap, YTZ is quite powerful at this point with level 7 ice silkworm palm. My opinion is, they aren't worth dropping your virtue pts for, unless you plan to go evil anyway. You can get the Xi Sui Jing which is exactly the same as Yi Jin Jing without too much hassle anyway.

There are 2 people in-game who can increase your intelligence, one is the chef (+5) and the other one is Feng Qing Yang (you find him behind Mountain Hua when you bring Ling Hu Chong)(+3 for you, +5 for Ling Hu Chong). LHC is the smartest character, especially after you talk to Feng Qing Yang, he learns skills mad fast.
    Yeah, insanely fast. I didn't want to waste exp pts so I kept giving him all sorts of swordplay to learn. Ended with LHC maxing 9 skills.

Xiao Feng, how did you make Zhang Wu Ji to learn Taichi Sword? His swordplay points are too low to learn any sword skill if I remembered correctly.
    I screwed up . You're right, ZWJ can't learn sword skills. I was the one who learnt Taichi Jian. Been a long time since I last played it.

Xue Mu Hua-after you show him the Seven-Colored Ring;
    Shit! Didn't know this. Mofo wouldn't join me. Now I know why.

A Zi-after you give her the silkworm with very low virtual point (around 20 or 30...);
    Its 40

Yang Guo-after you find him (maybe there's a virtual point requirement?);
    Need to cure him first.

Ren Wo Xing-joins only the battle with Undefeated East when you have 5 or less teammates;
    Didn't know this. Never needed him anyway.

Is it possible to level up weaker characters to learn great martial arts? I remember having Tian Boguang and Nan Fenghuang fairly early on, and I relied upon them so much to win fights for me, and got really attached to them, then later on I got the big guns like Zhang Wuji, Hu Fei, Linghu Chong etc and had to dump my two friends because they weren't strong enough. Is there any way I could have let Tian Boguang learn, say, Pili Kuangdao, and Nan Fenghuang to learn... um.. anything else?

I think Tian Bo guang can learn Pi Li quang dao. his sabre skill is high enough