Thread: How much did GJ and OJN tell YG about YH?

Default How much did GJ and OJN tell YG about YH?

Gwok Jing apparently explained the circumstances of Yeung Hong's death to Yeung Gor as they fled from the Mongol warriors outside Seung Yeung Fortress, but just how much information did Gwok Jing share with Yeung Gor at that particular time? Whatever Gwok Jing told Yeung Gor, it was enough to persuade Yeung Gor that Gwok Jing wasn't his enemy and that he should not kill him, but sixteen years later, when Ohr Jen Ngok told Yeung Gor about Yeung Hong having been a traitor and murderer, the information seemed to be shocking and revelatory to Yeung Gor. How much did Gwok Jing originally tell Yeung Gor?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Gwok Jing apparently explained the circumstances of Yeung Hong's death to Yeung Gor as they fled from the Mongol warriors outside Seung Yeung Fortress, but just how much information did Gwok Jing share with Yeung Gor at that particular time? Whatever Gwok Jing told Yeung Gor, it was enough to persuade Yeung Gor that Gwok Jing wasn't his enemy and that he should not kill him, but sixteen years later, when Ohr Jen Ngok told Yeung Gor about Yeung Hong having been a traitor and murderer, the information seemed to be shocking and revelatory to Yeung Gor. How much did Gwok Jing originally tell Yeung Gor?
    I thought that part was a TVB filler (at least in the 86 version), since I don't remember seeing that part in the 96 version.

I don't remember much about that part, but I think GJ did not tell YG too much. Maybe only enough for YG to cancel his revenge action, at least temporarily, but certainly not enough information on what YK did.

Surely GJ was very weak during that time and I could not see that he had so much energies to tell YG in details. I forgot how YK died exactly. I would be glad if someone can give me brief details. I knew that HR felt guilty about that a lot. Was it her fault?

GJ didn't tell YG nothin. It's TVB who told YG.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy
    Surely GJ was very weak during that time and I could not see that he had so much energies to tell YG in details. I forgot how YK died exactly. I would be glad if someone can give me brief details. I knew that HR felt guilty about that a lot. Was it her fault?
    HR was telling OYF how YK killed OYK. YK hit HR on the shoulder, not knowing that HR was wearing that Peach Blossom Island Protection Vest, which in turn had OYF's poisonous stain on it. So, in a way YK was killed by OYF's poison when he hit HR.

Thanks rabadi. I could refresh my memory now.

Thank TVB's toilet paper scripts.

While on GJ's back, YG asked him one last time about his father's death. Reflexively GJ gave the sell out country for wealth type answer about his dad, that's when YG decided to stab GJ, but he was stopped numerous times by Siu Seung Ji. The reason YG gave up trying to kill GJ was because at first he was moved by GJ's selflessness in the Mongol camp, then he gave up revenge for good after he woke up from his brief coma after the Mongol camp escape when he realized that the fate of the Sung people was more important than his personal revenge. There's a moment in the book where GJ is recovering from the injury suffered at the camp, and WY and YG are in the same room, then GWM landed on the roof to issue a challenge. A series of thoughts flowed through YG's mind. WY observed his facial expression went from confusion to clarity and shame to honor. That was his moment of epiphany and clarity. He turned the corner from being potentially evil or good to fully good - at least from the Sung perspective.

YG had also overheard GJ and WY's conversation the night he tried to kill GJ in bed about how YH died indirectly by hitting WY. He just didn't know the circumstances surrounding the attack.

It wasn't until OJN told him about his father's "evil" nature and deeds, which were then confirmed by the Jurchen lackeys who were there too, that YG fully understood and acknowledged that his dad had it coming.
    This account is retired.