View Poll Results: Guo Jing is ....

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely the best for Huang Rong!

63 52.94%
  • Huang Rong's the best choice at that time.

14 11.76%
  • Good enough for her.

8 6.72%
  • He just had a lot of luck!

28 23.53%
  • Strongly disagree!

4 3.36%
  • Other opinion, please write down.

2 1.68%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Is Guo Jing the most suitable lover/husband to Huang Rong?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    GJ's simple mind and HR's complex brain are simply a perfect match.
    Yes GJ did have a simpler mind but IMO he also possessed greater wisdom, which was more evident by the end of LOCH and thoughout ROCH. His heart and mind were always in the right place and he could see the strength and good in others where his incredibly bright wife could not (i.e. Yang Guo). I wouldn't say HR had only 小聪明(she's definitely much more than that) but for all her wits and cleverness she could only play a secondary role to her husband. I think when it comes to the big picture sometimes HR still needs to be steered in the right direction by GJ. But yeah they definitely complement each other best.

HR didn't have to choose a pugilist there must be many other candidates.
    But it just wouldn't be feasibel to make into a interesting story .

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstar
    Yes GJ did have a simpler mind but IMO he also possessed greater wisdom, which was more evident by the end of LOCH and thoughout ROCH. His heart and mind were always in the right place and he could see the strength and good in others where his incredibly bright wife could not (i.e. Yang Guo). I wouldn't say HR had only 小聪明(she's definitely much more than that) but for all her wits and cleverness she could only play a secondary role to her husband. I think when it comes to the big picture sometimes HR still needs to be steered in the right direction by GJ. But yeah they definitely complement each other best.
    All female characters end up playing a secondary role to their man (the hero) in Jin Yong stories however bright and clever they are.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

JY was brought up in the cultural thinking that men are superior to women as a whole. He is very patriotic towards chinese political views like all tibetans in his stories being bad.

The only other choice is Ouyang Ke which is not a good choice. So, Guo Jing is the best choice for her at that time.

Guo Jing is the most suitable lover/husband to Huang Rong because both of them love each other. Huang Rong didn't have to choose, she have decided who she wanted to be with before she met Yang Kang & Ou Yang Ke
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

Someone told me that Yuan Cheng Zhi is a more intelligent version of Guo Jing. Will he make a better husband to Huang Rong?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    All female characters end up playing a secondary role to their man (the hero) in Jin Yong stories however bright and clever they are.
    Except the female character in White Horse.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Someone told me that Yuan Cheng Zhi is a more intelligent version of Guo Jing. Will he make a better husband to Huang Rong?
    he's similar to gj. yes...that is true...except when it comes to love. though ycz is smarter he is definitely the type who's whipped whereas gj isn't.

ycz only loved ching ching even though the princess (in sword stained with royal blood) was the most beautiful woman during her time. ycz never had second thoughts about his feelings for ching ching despite tempting circumstances (in the 2nd edition...but stupid jy had to change this storyline into a freaking unnecessary love triangle ). despite her irrationality (believe me, ching ching could be very annoying...but i still liked her), ycz never faulted her. as a matter of fact, this boy was so whipped that he remained silent several times (when he wanted to query her about certain matters) for fear of her running away from him.

both gj and ycz loved their significant other equally...however, i feel it was easier for gj to remain faithful to hr given her attributes. in loch, hr was the most beautiful gal and she had more positive qualities than ching ching overall. she was definitely smarter, more useful, and she could cook very well. but i'm sure if jy throws in another tempting beauty, gj will still remain loyal to hr.

even though ycz is smarter, he did not allow his intelligence to belittle ching ching despite all her unreasonable ways. so maybe, he can be a better lover for hr as he will not hurt her the way gj did (understandably so). but this we will never know because it depends on how jy writes the storyline. just like the majority feels that yg and hr are too similar to be a good couple, how are we to know it will never work out? that all depends on the author right? if jy can create chemistry between all his leading pairs, who's to say he can't create chemistry between hr and another leading male character? throw in the right circumstances and adventures and i'm sure we'll have chemistry if jy wills it.

ie xz and zwj are similar, yet he was able to create a strong and sweet bond between them...but since both are boring figures...for the sake of the story, he paired zwj up with a stronger willed woman. my point is, jy can pair hr up with anyone if he wants to. and if jy wants to, he can make ycz a more suitable match for hr than gj.

so the short answer to your question: maybe
    Last edited by patricia n; 05-29-06 at 02:59 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

hm.. I like HR and GJ because their personalities complement each other. While one is smart,one is dull. While one is moralupright, one is sly and conniving.

I mean, i can't see Yang GUo making a good candidate to HR since they are too much alike
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I think that they were perfect for each other mainly because of what people have already said: they complement each other. If you were to put HR with any other male around her age at her time, they wouldn't be able to complement her as well. No relationship is perfect, so sure, one could always point out the flaws, but when it comes to suitable, I don't think there was anyone else in the story that was as suitable for HR as GJ was.
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

Huo Du is the most suitable lover/husband for Huang Rong during her time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Tran
    Huo Du is the most suitable lover/husband for Huang Rong during her time.
    Why Fok Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Why Fok Do?
    Because Fok Do is a stud, a prince of Mongolia, and a disciple of Broken Wheel Monk, that's why.
    Last edited by Ken Tran; 06-01-06 at 04:16 AM.

Because Fok Do is a stud, a prince of Mongolia, and a disciple of Broken Wheel Monk, that's why.
    That's not what Huang Rong wants.

Btw, Broken Wheel Monk?

Are you refering to the mangolian monk named, Jin Lun Fa Wang? If you are I had no idea that he have such a unique nickname.

Broken wheel monk sounds pretty funny

gives the impression that he can't fight

Quote Originally Posted by lexasp
    Are you refering to the mangolian monk named, Jin Lun Fa Wang? If you are I had no idea that he have such a unique nickname.
    I had a good laugh reading this

While you find Broken Wheel Monk weird, I find "mangolian monk" weirder.. A monk that come from the lands of mangoes??? Now that's what you call unique..

Sorry if I have offended you in any way..

Quote Originally Posted by lexasp
    Yeah that's the monk I was refering to. The monk at the heroes meeting in ROCH where had GJ was in a good mood, he would have *tear* the monk's arse up that day.
    Last edited by Ken Tran; 06-01-06 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    I had a good laugh reading this

While you find Broken Wheel Monk weird, I find "mangolian monk" weirder.. A monk that come from the lands of mangoes??? Now that's what you call unique..

Sorry if I have offended you in any way..
    rofl... mangolian monk