Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Channel 8] Devil's Blues ( 叛逆站队 )

Default [Channel 8] Devil's Blues ( 叛逆战队 )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phpTXCN90.jpg')

http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/shows/drama/view/534/1/.html

http://ch8c.mediacorptv.com/shows/dr...ew/302/1/.html

Devil's Blues
    Every Mon-Fri, 9pm

When crime takes on a new face, it's up to the unorthodox Devil Drifters to clean up the town and restore the peace! Cast: Tay Ping Hui, Phyllis Quek, Jeff Wang, Jade Leung, Kelly Guo Jingchun, Duncan, Gina, Guan Dehui.

Debuts Wed Dec 15 at 9pm.

With the arrival of the new century, crime is constantly manifesting itself in different ways. The new era brings forth prosperity and at the same time, a host of new deviant patterns from the young generation. Traditional methodology to fight crime is no longer effective in these times of swift changes. The police hence decide to set up a task force specializing in new-age criminology, getting the youths themselves to combat youth crimes: the Devil Drifters team is born!

Devils Blues depicts how team leader Shuai Dijun (Tay Ping Hui) commands his unit using unorthodox ways to crack numerous difficult cases. Though Dijun is thoroughly devoted to his duties, his unusual methods are not supported nor accepted by the top ranks in the police force. Instead, he has to bear the brunt of reproaches and negations from his more conventional counterparts. Eventually, a team member is killed during one of his crime-busting missions. Faced with an order to dissolve the task force, Dijun fights his way through the bureaucracy, gaining a chance to prove himself once more. His superiors set down a six-month probation period whereby an observer will be planted to decide on the fate of the Devil Drifters. The observer turns out to be Chou Lishi (Jade Leung), an officer with credentials equivalent to Dijuns in the police force.

Lishis initial reaction when she joins the Devil Drifters is one of utter disbelief. She is appalled with Dijuns unconventional leadership as well as the unusual calibre of the team members. She even has her own doubts whether Dijun is mentally sound and if he truly has the ability to control his team. Lishi thus enlists a psychiatrist to assist her during the observation period. The psychiatrist is Yin XingEr (Kelly Guo Jingchun), a jovial and attractive lady who is very capable in assessing ones psychological condition.

Fate steps in here and XingEr finds herself falling for Dijun while making a study of his mental profile. At the same time, an ex-member Ah Qiang (Phyllis Quek) returns to the Team and continues to pursue after Dijun. Dijun finds himself sandwiched among three women in both his work and personal life.

Lishi, who has been forced to associate with the Devil Drifters because of duty, now finds herself gradually identifying with Dijuns aspirations and beliefs. Although they continue to be at constant loggerheads, the two begin to fall in love with each other.

In the meantime, Dijun and his team uncover a case of a new-age crime: a mastermind is hatching a plot to reap profits through creating a new lifestyle for deviant youths. Determined to destroy the very roots of the organisation, Dijun decides to combine the forces of offenders and throw in their all to fight Evil...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phpYrRGRe.jpg')

Finally, this serial is retrieved from cold storage and shown.

Episode summaries can be found at this chinese site:

http://yule.sohu.com/23/56/column212965623.shtml
    Last edited by wuchang; 12-12-04 at 01:28 PM.

hey! Jade Leung! Cool...

Anyone knows what character Phyllis Quek starrs in here? And there isn't really much crime in S'pore.. is there? This seems to be something new...
    Good people are Bad people who don't get caught.

Phyllis Quek is Qiang, part of a special unit headed by TPH's Di Jun. She's a firearms expert. As read from 8days

I like these kind of shows.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wuchang
    Wuchang Boss... 站队?or 战队?
    ~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~

Quote Originally Posted by november
    Wuchang Boss... 站队?or 战队?
    人人都会犯错! 原谅我吧! 我知道错了!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img64.exs.cx/img64/6029/not_worthy.gif') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img64.exs.cx/img64/6029/not_worthy.gif') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img64.exs.cx/img64/6029/not_worthy.gif')

i tot the plot was originated by the tv series called " touching evil "
    你知道神是什么吗? 神也是人..他只是做了人做不到的事情..所以才叫做神..
    ManSeeFishFishSeeManManLikesFishFishLikesManManAtt acksFishFishAttacksManManKillsFishFishDie~end

Well, this series looks quite appealing to me. The actors and actresses look acceptable.. Anyone knows the details of this show (except the plot), such as the location of filming, country of production crew, original language the actors spoke, etc?
    Life is meaningless if you do not have any expectations of yourself

I mean, it's kind of confusing with the cast from all over Asia.. Hongkong, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan?
    Life is meaningless if you do not have any expectations of yourself

is this a show by ATV HK and Mediacorp? Did you notice that the show is dubbed in Mandarin. It seems that they are speaking in Cantonese.

this show was filmed by Mediacorps and Fortune star

Angry What! Chou Shi Li dies???

I'm devastated! I have been enjoying the show and looking forward to scenes with Chou Shi Li and Dijun...I love watching them! But now that I know she's going to die, I feel so sad...And in Singapore, there are only 16 episodes...shortened by 4 episodes. I'm terribly disappointed. So anyone knows the ending? Has this show been aired in Hongkong btw?

What is so nice about the show. Dubbed in Mandarin. The acting sucks. I switched to watch Animal Planet

Quote Originally Posted by twinkle_star0317
    I'm devastated! I have been enjoying the show and looking forward to scenes with Chou Shi Li and Dijun...I love watching them! But now that I know she's going to die, I feel so sad...And in Singapore, there are only 16 episodes...shortened by 4 episodes. I'm terribly disappointed. So anyone knows the ending? Has this show been aired in Hongkong btw?
    Yah totally agree...how can they kill off Jade Leung!!? The ep synopsis on one of the Chinese sites seemed to imply tt Dijun would either end up with Ah-Qiang or Xin-er? Which is after all he had no interest in either women and I think he made tt pretty clear.

The dubbing was horrid though...but its about time we saw some action/detective dramas on TCS8. Been too many similar family dramas the whole of 2004 which are a total *yawn*.

except more of such family oriented prpoductions next year.
    From the schedules, there will be no variety and drama on Ch U for the nexty 3 mths.

They killed off Jade Leung? My friend doesn't like her character... I didn't really manage to catch it cos I went off for holiday so I guess there's no point in seeing the rest. Jade Leung's the prettiest of the three!

Yep u are pretty much right (I'm watching till the ep b4 she dies then I'll give up)...Jade Leung's prettiest and like the only woman in the show tt oozes attitude - the tough cookie police woman superior who also possess a softer side. The characters of Phyllis Quek and Kelly Guo have been rather unlikeable and lacking multi-dimension.

There aren't gonna be any new dramas and variety shows till Apr 2005? Is tt cos the current dramas are long running? Come to thk of it when is Fiery Thunderbolt ending? Oh and Crimson Sabre is ending soon, so we shld get something new, don't we?

Pray tt there're exciting shows on cable.....

Haha...me too... I find her the prettiest of the 3. Yes, the dubbing is horrible...but i find the plot not bad. Much better than the other local productions about police. N much as i don't like Phyllis Quek, I find her character in this show more pleasing to watch than her previous roles in other shows. All in all, great show, but stupid ending. The scriptwriter is so cruel to kill jade leung.

mainly the mediacorp trying to film with different around the world actor nor actress haha well future drama series will be like devil blues