Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Grand Canal 《大運河》 (1987)

About Lee Seung Yee. At times, i felt like it was also brotherly love with Tony. Her brother treats her like crap, ( making her kill people, lying, cheating). Tony took her in and gave her alot of care.

Yes, Tony was a case. He was very indesicive and he allowed too many opportunites escape for him. He could have won the war andbecame king, but he had too much heart in everything. He was afraid of hurting his friends and family.
    I really liked Idy's costumes, in contrary. They are more tomboyish, creating that warrior princess feel. Yet, they are still made creatively with different designes and necklaces assessories.

I agree with Melanie. I loved Sean and MArgie's r/s. I adored every scenes with them. It was really touching seeing how sean was kind to her at the beginning, but she plays with his brother and then crushes over Tony. In the middle of story, Margie finally realized that Sean treats her well and she loved him. SHe followed him to war, agree to kill her self if Sean ever dies in battle, and spends time with him in jail.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Lee seung yee did annoyed me too. She couldn't let tony go and she was so harassing at the end. Beside what she did to tony he continued to like her, its a quality that i dont have b/c it is rare to find someone as generous as tony's charaters.

What did you think about Li Jing couple?

Should Felix chracter have a love interest?

yeah again, Tony's generous personality makes people respect him, yet it is also the quality that hinders him from winning the whole war. He is much to kind and always put friends and family above everything.
    I think Tony was mad at Lee Seung yee, but he forgave her. She did saved him many times using her own life. Plus, he always looked at her as a little sister.

Li Jing and Hong Fat Nu- I think they had a good relationship. Tho, maybe their love was a bit rushed. I thought it was interesting how Li Jing kind of loved the Last Kingdom's Princesss ( played by Rebecca Chan). He seemed all righteous and faithful to his wife.. but after being with the princess, somehow his feelings developed? Wonder if he is a chauvenist for digging damsels.

Felix? eh.. too evil. He probably ended up killing his love too.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Li Jing and Hong Fat Nu- I think they had a good relationship. Tho, maybe their love was a bit rushed. I thought it was interesting how Li Jing kind of loved the Last Kingdom's Princesss ( played by Rebecca Chan). He seemed all righteous and faithful to his wife.. but after being with the princess, somehow his feelings developed? Wonder if he is a chauvenist for digging damsels.
    Jimmy Au played Li Jing well and here he has more to play than the same role he took in "Twin of Brothers". Yes, Felix's character here is too evil but he portrays it so well, especially the scene when he killed the whole innocent family.

do you think this is a series worth keeping? coz i rmember watching this when im around 7 or 8, but can't really remember much abt the series...
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    do you think this is a series worth keeping? coz i rmember watching this when im around 7 or 8, but can't really remember much abt the series...

absoloutely this serie is worth keeping.... it is one of the best i ve seen.

For me it's a classic. there is a lot of character and the serie managed to develop almost each characters, which sometimes is missing from other great series.

thanks! if that's so, i might consider buying this when tvb officially released it in vcd
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

yeah sure!! and plus its like a collection...

yeah, i actually remember my sisters enjoying this show so much that i watched with them though i can't understand what's happening now is the time for me to finally appreciate the series
    cherrie

this grand series is coming out in DVD and VCD

it was about time.!!

This series is my favorite. ANyone has picture of Idy and Tony??

Default Official Release of The Grand Canal VCD / DVD from TVB

Official Release of The Grand Canal VCD / DVD from TVB!! Check it out~!

http://shop.tvb.com:8080/tvb/ShopVCD...atID=C00000003

they should do a remake of that serie with younger actors from now. it could be interesting, but i dont know if they could match up great plays by those ancient actors!!

It could be fun to see!!

let's revisit GC Intro theme, TVB changed the intro a little bit for the DVD version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKlzGSPEMLI

enjoy!
    Last edited by sakura1388; 10-05-06 at 01:20 PM.

Oh pretty good, i like what they did with the new intro, it's way better and more significant of the series, since its a very very long serie.

Thanks man!! for that news!!

idy chan acted very good in this series.................i love her many pretty customes in here......................n...............she looks pretty too................................

Just saw this series for the first time. I really liked it!

Just a few questions:

Is Tony's character real? I tried looking him up, but I couldn't find anything about him.

Also, can someone explain to me the last scene of the series? I didn't understand it. The part where the king said good bye & said something that caused Li Jing to be shocked. Then Li Jing opened the pouch, and was shocked even more. I didn't understand it.
    LOVE is the sourse of all INSPIRATION.

LIU YI FEI <3

Quote Originally Posted by tw1nkletoes89

Also, can someone explain to me the last scene of the series? I didn't understand it. The part where the king said good bye & said something that caused Li Jing to be shocked. Then Li Jing opened the pouch, and was shocked even more. I didn't understand it.
    When Li Shi Min bid farewell to Zhang San Lang(Tony's character), he formally addressed ZSL as an emperor of another kingdom. Li Jing was shocked because the pouch contained the Seal Emblem of ZSL's kingdom.

The Grand Canal was the first series I had watched and still ranks as one of my all time favorites. For those who have watched the DVD release, did TVB retain the original 60+ chapters or did they edit out some scenes?
    弃我去者作日之日不可留,
    乱我心者今日之事多烦忧.

OH! Ok, I understand now. I wonder how he becamse an emperor. Was that why Li Shimin didn't want Zhang San Lang to come back to his land? Why can't he visit?

Who was the actress that played Lee Seung Yee?
    Last edited by tw1nkletoes89; 04-05-06 at 03:35 PM.
    LOVE is the sourse of all INSPIRATION.

LIU YI FEI <3