Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Grand Canal 《大運河》 (1987)

But I don't like the way it cut at the end. 58 eps total, 2 eps got cut off and especially the end missing.

Do you mean in the boxed set just released, TVB cut out the last scene where Tony Leung comes back as an Emperor of another country????

Does this mean the VCD version suffer the same fate as the DVD version? Anyone has the VCD version?

Gosh, you lot has got me very interested in buying the VCD !!
    There's a wealth of knowledge from you guys. Didn't realise that it's based on history.
    It's quite expensive on yesasia so I will start saving !

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Low
    Gosh, you lot has got me very interested in buying the VCD !!
    There's a wealth of knowledge from you guys. Didn't realise that it's based on history.
    It's quite expensive on yesasia so I will start saving !

even if the history was not there...it's well worth it for the margie and sean scenes...they make me say, "ah...how cute."
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

You get to save a bit if you buy from Sensasian.com. BTW, which country are you from? Want to share in buying the CDs?

Smile

Yes, the Sean and Margie scenes are so adorable. It's so amusing and romantic to watch an intelligent and calm man become all flustered when he's faced with a mischievous, cute, spoiled girl. After I watched Grand Canal, I was hoping to find fanfics on this couple, but I guess they are not popular enough to have any out there on winglin. By the way, I've seen the Dragon Sword. Sean and Margie again are a couple in this series. The only difference is that Sean is evil. I didn't quite mind, since he did a good job of being nasty and villainous. Plus, I loved seeing him with Margie again.

maybe that this series was so old.. that people didn't remmeber/ know about them?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie
    Yes, the Sean and Margie scenes are so adorable. It's so amusing and romantic to watch an intelligent and calm man become all flustered when he's faced with a mischievous, cute, spoiled girl. After I watched Grand Canal, I was hoping to find fanfics on this couple, but I guess they are not popular enough to have any out there on winglin. By the way, I've seen the Dragon Sword. Sean and Margie again are a couple in this series. The only difference is that Sean is evil. I didn't quite mind, since he did a good job of being nasty and villainous. Plus, I loved seeing him with Margie again.
    maybe you can write a fanfic for them...it is sad that there isn't one of them together given their chemistry.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    You get to save a bit if you buy from Sensasian.com. BTW, which country are you from? Want to share in buying the CDs?

I live in UK. What about you? From the comments so far it seems a very good old series so will try to buy them. Can't rent old series over here in UK. Shame!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    maybe you can write a fanfic for them...it is sad that there isn't one of them together given their chemistry.
    I might do that, since I really think Sean and Margie have so much spark in Grand Canal. The only problem is that I don't have a lot of time and don't want to start something that I cannot end. Maybe I'll write a very short story. Or maybe you can write one, patricia. I'd prefer to read others' fanfics, rather than write one myself, since I'm feeling a bit lazy right now.

I might do that, since I really think Sean and Margie have so much spark in Grand Canal. The only problem is that I don't have a lot of time and don't want to start something that I cannot end. Maybe I'll write a very short story. Or maybe you can write one, patricia. I'd prefer to read others' fanfics, rather than write one myself, since I'm feeling a bit lazy right now.

i would love to but i'm so non-commital. i hate having to create great chemistry but never finishing the fic due to my busy schedule and pseudo-commitment to other projects...but when things slow down for me, i will definitely consider writing one of them and miu kiu wai and barbara yung...great 80's favorites.

Off topic - Mel! How can you even think of writing another fanfic. I'm still waiting for you to update your current one. Don't kill Chi Chi!!! Bring her back.

K, back to GC - I also love the pairing of Sean and Margie. Though I wouldn't have a problem with Margie & Tony either. They were awesome in Police Cadet II and dated in real life as well. 2nd favorite pairing is Tony & Idy. 3rd would be Lee Jing and his wife.

i have to say that i fell in love with idy chan character, i like the way they pretend to hide their interest for each other even tough you could tell they were clearly interested by each other. And I like the way they went from ennemies to friends to finnally fall in love with each other.!!

WindCross and Melanie , thanks for the dialogues of Sean and Margie. Simply adore the two of them in the show. I've watched the show twice many years ago and each time my focus was on them. Even now, reading their dialogues, I'm so happy

Can anyone tell if the CD version is cut, similar to the DVD version? I have a friend who's going to Hong Kong soon, and would like to ask him to buy for me. It's cheaper buying in HK than over the Internet.

I love this series a lot. Love Idy's acting in there.

I got someone to confirm that the VCD version suffered the same fate as the DVD version. Scenes are cut.

I also found out that this series is available for download (illegally). So........I'll wait and see if TVB release a full version before I purchase it.

Oh god, I love this series, but damn TVB for butchering this series. They should fire whoever is in the editing room. I was so upset that they deleted a lot of vital scenes.

I just finished watching it. A great series indeed. Yeah it's been butchered so much until part of it is not continuous.