Thread: Mediacorp VOD online

Default Mediacorp VOD online

Now back to one station. I hope Mediacorp will redevelop overseas market, though I think there stars are not as famous as TVB's. But I think in CHina, in Malaysia, Mediacorp still has its room for development. It was a bit stupid to close the TCSI at that time.

Now I hope they can start a new satellite channel

and start a VOD website, including news& info programmes and some selected month to year old dramas and shows, and new major variety shows (e.g. Star Awards). I don't mind if $$ is needed, but now I even have no chance to watch a news except CNA. (I am in HK)

unlikely. btw, you got private msg.

Quote Originally Posted by mediaworks
    unlikely.

why? They have did this before.

Are there any success stories of paid VOD services?

Hmm. My view is that not many people have broadband regionally. But DVD players are cheap nowadays. I would prefer they press more of their shows into DVDs with subtitles in multiple languages like in Vietnamese or Thai. Maybe partner an online store or set up one themselves to sell them. They can also consider a live telecast of their channels online but according to schedule, no on demand.

if i rem correctly..they used to have a website called woof or something?? tats was abt 4years ago?? i was overseas then n need a dose then n now for some sg shows..but they took it of with the reason being tat its not generating enough money to run it..but after comparing with other oveseas website..i can say with authority tat even tat woof website they had was LOUSY. the VOD just sucks..its small n unstable not unlike those i seen on korean n tw websites..no wonder they lose money running it duh..anyway..mediacorp need something different if they ever wanna court overseas market again..coz their shows r just plain lousy its too late for them to do much now..they have been too slow to market themselves to the world! then again its not as if they have grade a bird nests these days..the ones they offer now r just watered bird nests soups..

Any luck with this. I am looking for mediacorp tv series "Springs of Life" as I missed watching the final episode. Hope you could help. My email address is [email protected]. Ribena

well i noe they are starting the VOD... but now its on trial..... http://www.mobtv.com.sg
    its now under reconstruction... supposed in time to come, they will start it off... btw i dun think they hav older shows... only recent...
    B.O.B.O.C.H.AR.L.E.S.F.L.O.R.A.F.R.A.N.C.I.S.

Quote Originally Posted by nanajol
    well i noe they are starting the VOD... but now its on trial..... http://www.mobtv.com.sg
    its now under reconstruction... supposed in time to come, they will start it off... btw i dun think they hav older shows... only recent...
    yes.. they have this new thing. it will re-open in may. they just ended the trial and i was one of the users invovle in the trial.

during the trial they only have some current shows, no old dramas so i hope they will add it in too. and during the trial, its $3 per episode and i think they are setting up a subscription plan too.