Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can stop producing family dramas?

Default can stop producing family dramas?

i am getting quite sick of it... the last decent drama i watched was devil blues.

There's one coming drama(100 epi) name "tong xin yuan" i guess also a family drama about six brother story..Starring Adrian Pang n Apple Hong. I saw in in i-weekly..

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow00
    There's one coming drama(100 epi) name "tong xin yuan" i guess also a family drama about six brother story..Starring Adrian Pang n Apple Hong. I saw in in i-weekly..
    i know about it, and my 7pm slots will be boring again.

My 7 pm slots have been boring for a very long time. Ever since MC started to put their stupid family dramas at that slot. Used to watch VOH at Channel U, but now that is shifted to 7.30. Haiz...

In reply to the topic... can stop producing family dramas? I think we all know the answer, no point asking, no point answering.

I believe there still ppl following the the 7pm watever title tt is .. from feedback i read .... although it's not as popular as Holland V which is running in malaysian channel now ..

Mayb boring to some but not all

Every station will start producing repetitive stuff. It's inevitable.

Mediacrap's producing family dramas, but they used to have a good variety.

In Korea they repeatedly kill off their main characters with leukaemia or a car accident. etc.

Even if Mediaworks didn't close down, they too will eventually begin to write the same stuff over and over again.

It's a thing to do with scriptwriters clean out of ideas maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    Every station will start producing repetitive stuff. It's inevitable.

Mediacrap's producing family dramas, but they used to have a good variety.

In Korea they repeatedly kill off their main characters with leukaemia or a car accident. etc.

Even if Mediaworks didn't close down, they too will eventually begin to write the same stuff over and over again.

It's a thing to do with scriptwriters clean out of ideas maybe?

i dun see tvb running out of ideas.....

which means they rock.

My advice is to watch VCDs instead. This way you have a choice of when and what you're watching.

it is extremely difficult. bcos i think mediacorp receive govt funding for family shows.

really?! no wonder..

I agree... what happen to all the period and wuxia dramas and fantasy stories? They use to have quite a bit of those before, and we certainly don't get people dying from leukemia or car accidents in those shows. Of course, some of the stories in period and wuxia dramas can be clichéd, but strangely they do not get boring as easily as family dramas.

Why not even make a science fiction drama? Perhaps a science fiction drama might require a higher budget, so, it might not come into fruition so soon.

J_M'AP
    Je m'appelle...erm... je m'appelle...erm...hehheh...je ne sais pas... leh.

Yah, I wonder what happen to those shows too... all the wuxia and period dramas. And I dont mean those wuxia series that they produced with the other countries. Haiz....

i prefer wuxia shows, something like hsds or loch. yes, very expensive, but they can collaborate with china and taiwan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Je_m'appelle
    Why not even make a science fiction drama? Perhaps a science fiction drama might require a higher budget, so, it might not come into fruition so soon.

J_M'AP

Sigh, I remember there used to be a show which was 'copying' the X-Files... what I read in 8days above its synopsis. I liked that one.

Be glad they don't make so much wuxia. I don't want to end up hating wuxia.

Ah well.... if they make good quality wuxia shows... I would actually start liking them better. Hmph... they might just make some family oriented wuxia show. Or some gambling wuxia show... Since the scriptwriters seem to be quite fond of reusing ideas.

Yeah, sci-fi wld be gd or mystery, detective genres. Something more suspenseful and less predictable than the family drama plots. They did a version of the Adventures of Wisely way back in the 90s...thought that was one of the better and more interesting efforts to date.

Actually family dramas aren't that horrible.. shouldn't ostracize the phrase family dramas, but rather that their scripwriters are.... YAWN. For example I heard from another forum, Holland V was written by two writers, the first one wrote the good first half, whereas the second one made it draggy. If I didn't remember wrongly the boring scriptwriter wrote Double Happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    Actually family dramas aren't that horrible.. shouldn't ostracize the phrase family dramas, but rather that their scripwriters are.... YAWN. For example I heard from another forum, Holland V was written by two writers, the first one wrote the good first half, whereas the second one made it draggy. If I didn't remember wrongly the boring scriptwriter wrote Double Happiness.
    Absolutely true. Wld be happy if they could produce something as watchable as TVB's The Family Man.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Hmph... they might just make some family oriented wuxia show. Or some gambling wuxia show... Since the scriptwriters seem to be quite fond of reusing ideas.
    It's not the scriptwriter problem, is their network programming pple( which are a group of pple who dun watch tv but had big cert and tot wat they want are viewers' choice... .)... my frez works there, those script writers there do have many ideas... but kanna ban. cos family show low budget and make money, high rating... wat to do?
    ~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~

then that's really sad...