Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The reasons why some didn't go over

Default The reasons why some didn't go over

One might be wondering why some of the SPH Mediaworks artiste though good were not offer to switch to mediacorp. The reasons are summarised as below :

1) offended mediacorp before
    2) their contract with mediaworks are ending within one yr.

For example, Li Zhiqing (李之晴)contract with mediaworks ends soon with mediaworks.

Thus, for those who were brought over, they might have signed a two - three yrs contract with mediaworks beginning of year 2004. Thus they're going over. The sad truth is that, this bunch of people might be in cold storage and their contract with mediacorp will not be renewed. Thus they will only be on tv for the next 1-2 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by mediaworks
    One might be wondering why some of the SPH Mediaworks artiste though good were not offer to switch to mediacorp. The reasons are summarised as below :

1) offended mediacorp before
    2) their contract with mediaworks are ending within one yr.

For example, Li Zhiqing (李之晴)contract with mediaworks ends soon with mediaworks.

Thus, for those who were brought over, they might have signed a two - three yrs contract with mediaworks beginning of year 2004. Thus they're going over. The sad truth is that, this bunch of people might be in cold storage and their contract with mediacorp will not be renewed. Thus they will only be on tv for the next 1-2 yrs.
    Yah, agree with you. Coz I know Lina and Evelyn's contract also ends almost the same time as Ericia. And most still, Lina and Ericia seems to had offended Mediacorp when they left the other time.

I wonder how they could ever blame some people for leaving them. Some people like Lina, were never given much chances to perform. They were like there for background purposes, always condemned to be background vocals and not the main vocal. There they had their chances to be the main vocalist so of course they left to seek a better future, and most importantly of all, A BETTER BOSS.

But I guess Mediacorp is ruled by the kind of people who never ever wants to think or know that they are at fault. So even if they are, they will still shift the blame and make it the other party's fault.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

That is the corporate culture (for those who has never worked before). Welcome reality.

好馬不吃回頭草。

If you go back, they will never give you a good job. Just like in any other companies, they want that person to quit, they will change their role to something else , something he/she doesn't like to do. then she will auto resign after a while. Save all theo unnecessary costs.

Well...

虽然好马不吃回头草, 但没有草吃的时候也没办法.

If the artists from Mediaworks dont cross over to MC, where can they go and what can they do? They have been in the media industry for so long, it would be hard for them to find another job, and it would be even harder to expect them to go overseas.
    MC will be acting like a petty little kid if they keep all the crossover artistes in cold storage. And besides, some of the Mediawork artistes are really really good. Talents like Adrian Pang would be wasted if MC choose to be stupid and keep him in cold storage.

Adrain Pang will be one of artiste most treasured by MCS . He's automatic *A* lister, although i m not mediaworks fan i admire Adrrian Pang and glad able to see more of him now....also Guo Liang too...

Adrain already in raintree movie with sharon au ... so his talent be fully utilised

Quote Originally Posted by mediaworks
    That is the corporate culture (for those who has never worked before). Welcome reality.

好馬不吃回頭草。

If you go back, they will never give you a good job. Just like in any other companies, they want that person to quit, they will change their role to something else , something he/she doesn't like to do. then she will auto resign after a while. Save all theo unnecessary costs.
    if artise are really good their talents will not be ignored unless got attitude problem .. some of them unfortunetly too naive to "burn their bridges" ... guess it's sayonara for them ... lessons learnt in life i guess ..

Quote Originally Posted by icer_goh
    Yah, agree with you. Coz I know Lina and Evelyn's contract also ends almost the same time as Ericia. And most still, Lina and Ericia seems to had offended Mediacorp when they left the other time.
    Lina, Evelyn and Erica .. too bad for them .. i thought MCS gave them so much opportunity compare to so many other actresses .. if not for their high profile before they left i would not know them.. I rmb Lina in the v popular "Geylang" role.. Evelyn in "Japanese girl " role and Errica host in "Travel" one ... sori i don't rmb the titles

Everyone takes risk for better environment but don't ever burn the bridges , you never know when you need to cross back again ..

Chen Hui Hui .. after sticking arnd so long at MCS eventually getting recognised she has to defect ... i feel sorry for her , no one will understand Y except herself.. it's a BIG LOSS to us now that she's out ... i never took much notice till her later roles and come to admire her talent but she disappointed by defecting .. sianz

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me
    Lina, Evelyn and Erica .. too bad for them .. i thought MCS gave them so much opportunity compare to so many other actresses .. if not for their high profile before they left i would not know them.. I rmb Lina in the v popular "Geylang" role.. Evelyn in "Japanese girl " role and Errica host in "Travel" one ... sori i don't rmb the titles

Everyone takes risk for better environment but don't ever burn the bridges , you never know when you need to cross back again ..

Chen Hui Hui .. after sticking arnd so long at MCS eventually getting recognised she has to defect ... i feel sorry for her , no one will understand Y except herself.. it's a BIG LOSS to us now that she's out ... i never took much notice till her later roles and come to admire her talent but she disappointed by defecting .. sianz
    No lah, when Lina left, she had already reached the bottleneck of her career. She was once very popular and has 4-5 shows in one period. Then after Geylang Geylang she was nominated Best Actress. But after that she was put to hosting City Beat which also made the variety show famous but the rest of the hosts got recognition except her by the company. And the point is she is just as good, not sure why MCS still didn't give her good chances. That is why she left. Not sure about Ericia and Evelyn but Hui Hui seems to have some unhappiness with the management too.

Maybe she asked for a pay rise after she clinched the Best Supporting Actress but was refused since she wasn't that popular. Only she will know best.

frankly that's life. when you think that everything is going fine, factors beyond your control come in. in life, take things easy, be humble, try not to offend and be prepared. at least lina and evelyn are making plans. both want to be child-care teachers, right? not sure what's erica planning to do though.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    frankly that's life. when you think that everything is going fine, factors beyond your control come in. in life, take things easy, be humble, try not to offend and be prepared. at least lina and evelyn are making plans. both want to be child-care teachers, right? not sure what's erica planning to do though.
    In UFM 100.3, Lina is honestly saying that she is very happy now coz she finally get to rest after working for 12 years. She is sincerely happy coz she puts her family in first priority. She was supposed to be offered projects based contracts by Mediacorp so she can work as and when she likes. More freedom. Then now she gets to appear on UFM and in April she will start planning of what business to go into.

Actually she dun mean child care teaching as many people had mistaken. She clarified in UFM and said its not. My guess is maybe she wants to produce those child learning VCDs like what Chen Liping used to do. She definitely can do that as she is a good host.

My guess is maybe she wants to produce those child learning VCDs like what Chen Liping used to do. She definitely can do that as she is a good host.
    You need investment and research for this .... it's not easy ..Liping was done by mediacorps ... ..... all the best to Lina ...

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me
    You need investment and research for this .... it's not easy ..Liping was done by mediacorps ... ..... all the best to Lina ...
    Maybe some private production houses might invest in this?

it may be more difficult esp lina is less popular. adults and children grrew up with liping as the ai yoyo always. even evelyn tan cannot replace her.
    Maybe some private production houses might invest in this?

Arh all i can say mediacorp ceo MR Ernest Wong wasn't so stingy he generously donated $100 in the Ren Ci i put recorded the show and play it with 20X slower and i saw he did put some money inside. Maybe they feel they don belong to mediacorp they choose to leave all i can say i taboletahan that bryan wong alway like cried baby in all show no matter magazine or shows do u think i am correct he really throw our hainanese face. Well maybe those people on Mediacorp doesn't hire maybe they found a better job when they leave.

OT: that could be one reason why i simply can't stand bryan. another reason is that he is relatively more self-centred than kym. please note the important word is "relatively" as he could be more sociable than other stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfu2005
    i taboletahan that bryan wong alway like cried baby in all show no matter magazine or shows

lol i brought the channel u weekly i alway saw that bryan wong crying no matter what even on charity also woah i saw untill sibei sianzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

He just remind me he is a cried baby even need xie shaoguang to comforted him

There's nothing wrong for a guy to cry right? Why are you ppl being so biased of guys crying in public? Its just a true and real emotion that one cant control! Why control it anyway? Just because you feel its shameful for a guy to cry in public? Bryan is a sentimental guy and won't hide his feelings. That's how real he is, its better than some hypocrites trying to hide their true self in front of tv.

Quote Originally Posted by freezezly
    There's nothing wrong for a guy to cry right? Why are you ppl being so biased of guys crying in public? Its just a true and real emotion that one cant control! Why control it anyway? Just because you feel its shameful for a guy to cry in public? Bryan is a sentimental guy and won't hide his feelings. That's how real he is, its better than some hypocrites trying to hide their true self in front of tv.
    Many of us had said many times. Crying is ok. But not always crying and crying until cannot stop kind.

That is too much.