Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Aniston & Brad Pitt announce split

Default Jennifer Aniston & Brad Pitt announce split

It's a pity, but perhaps not that surprising.

~

Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt announce split

Sat Jan 8,12:08 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Hollywood's golden couple Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston have reportedly formally separated after four and a half years of marriage.

"We would like to announce that after seven years together we have decided to formally separate," People magazine reported the two said in a joint statement.

"For those who follow these sorts of things, we would like to explain that our separation is not the result of any of the speculation reported by the tabloid media. This decision is the result of much thoughtful consideration.

"We happily remain committed and caring friends with great love and admiration for one another."

Representatives for the two actors declined to comment further. There was no word on whether the couple plans a divorce.

Pitt, 41, and Aniston, 35, married in a lavish oceanside ceremony in July 2000 after meeting in 1998.

Some 200 people attended the party, featuring 50,000 flowers, four bands, a gospel choir and fireworks -- and a one-million-dollar price tag, according to reports.

In ensuing years, Brad and Jen seemed like a rock of stability amid the ephemera of Hollywood hook-ups like "Bennifer," actor Ben Affleck and songstress Jennifer Lopez.

The couple, long rumoured to be hoping for a baby, had recently been on the rocks, according to the gossip magazines, which linked Pitt to Angelina Jolie, his co-star in the thriller "Mr and Mrs Smith," due out in June.

Aniston was later photographed in public without her wedding ring, People said.

But the couple spent New Year's together on the Caribbean island of Anguilla with former "Friends" costar Courteney Cox and her husband David Arquette.

Aniston became one of America's most recognizable stars for her role in the hit television sitcom "Friends" which finally went off air in 2004 after a ten-year run. She won a Golden Globe and an Emmy for her portrayal of Rachel Green on the show.

Post "Friends," her career appeared headed for a healthy transition, as she has several movie projects in the works. Her last hit film, "Along Came Polly," a comedy co-starring Ben Stiller, grossed 86 million dollars in the United States.

Forbes magazine named her the most powerful star on the planet in 2003 in its annual "Celebrity 100" list. In 2002, she made 35 million dollars, according to Forbes.

Her marriage to Hollywood heartthrob Pitt seemed yet another star in her crown as she rose to the heights of stardom. His fame preceded hers, dating to his 1991 appearance in "Thelma and Louise." The veteran actor most recently starred in "Ocean's 12" and "Troy."

The two celebrities have repeatedly been named among America's "most beautiful people" and the "hottest Hollywood couples" by People and other media outlets that compile such lists.

Their July 29, 2000 wedding was a first marriage for both. Pitt was briefly engaged to actress Gwyneth Paltrow in 1996-1997, and dated a string of beautiful actresses and models before giving up his status as one of Hollywood's hottest bachelors at the age of 36.

Aniston was formerly linked to actor Tate Donovan.
    玉木宏

blog

Who is Tate Donovan?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm surprised!!!!!

... that it lasted more than 2 years.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

tate donovan plays mischa barton(marissa)'s dad in the o.c...

im still extremely disappointed....they seemed like the coolest and most celebrated hollywood couple...who would have thought huh.....?

is it some kind of a cruel joke???????

Now all the girls and some alternative guys... are now happy because they know Brad Pitt is back in the forest and maybe open seasons again for him to look.

While the guys are happy now because we get to see more revealing Jennifer Aniston (This is a trend when a beautiful wife breaks off a marriage because she wants to be sexier etc... so more video or photo of her in sexier situation, roles, or videos.)

What got me curious, after watching TVB OLD TIME BUDDY, could Hollywood put couples together in the first place to make stories to create interest so we, the audience, follow them. When the audience get tired of the relationship, Hollywood would break the couples apart to create another interest in them... I know in some situation is over done, like Jo Lo, B. Spears etc...
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

I completely agree, James...why wouldn't it be done? Britney Spears thinks that her career is going down, so why not pull some stunt to keep people talking about her again, even if it's about her stupidness. I understand that they are "stars", but no one dates on and off...obviously some of it is fake to get media attention.

I'm very disappointed.. they were the last couple I would think of that might even have a chance to separate. Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt seems like a perfect, golden, perfect hollywood couple. I mean, if Ben Affleck and J.Lo got married, you'd know that they would split up any time soon. But this is Jennifer and Brad.. very surprising.

I hope they don't divorce, though. Separating, and then reuniting again would be great.
    WU ZUN ! <3

What I found the marriage that stays together are the ones no one really cares about.

For example, Kevin Bacon, I still think he is one of the most underrated actors in Hollywood today and his lovely wife Kathryn Erbe have a long lasting marriage but no one seems to care about. Or jennifer's fellow friends stars Courtney Cox Arquette and her hubby David Arquette (anyone notice when she married him she actually took his last name too while most of the celebrity marriage couples don't even do that kind of stuff kind of makes me wonder...)

There are a lot of happy married couples and media don't focus on them maybe because they are married and happy. While the ones you hear on the news you already predict they are going to fail or waiting for it to fail.

One of the biggest suprise hollywood split up for me was between Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan. It kind of came out of no where.
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    For example, Kevin Bacon, I still think he is one of the most underrated actors in Hollywood today and his lovely wife Kathryn Erbe have a long lasting marriage but no one seems to care about. .
    Kevin Bacon's wife is KYRA SEDGWICK.
    玉木宏

blog

Jennifer Aniston's beauty is as hyped up as Halle Berry's if not more.

its not that she's beautiful but the truth is they are both a very good-looking couple......

i mean they sure convinced everyone they were in love with all the photos....all the pda's and with all the hype with how private they keep their lives....dats y i don't think this is a publicity stunt.....

cupcakes: i totally agree with u....u spoke my mind!!!i mean, how could hollywood's 'most influential power-couple' split up??????shocking........

That's so sad. To me they both looked like nice and normal people who has the capacity to maintain a good marriage, I mean, at least they seemed different from the usual Hollywood freaks.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Ross is back in play baby!

Oh wait... never mind.

Am I the only one who's glad Friends is over? Not that I didn't like the show (I didn't watch much after the 98 season) but I had enough of them.

They'll both be fine. Tons of hot dudes/gals out there to date.
    This account is retired.

I think Fox brought up a good point here.

There will always be tons of hotter people to date and see in Hollywood but what about nice and good folks... maybe hot doesn't equal nice personality to make a good relationship.
    Flame on I am gone...

Judging from the fate of most marriages in Hollywood, personality and meaningful, long lasting relationship isn't exactly a top notch priority.

Pitt will be banging a few new dozen models/actresses in no time.

I guess Aniston will be the kid's caretaker.

I don't understand why these Hollywood folks feel the need to be married everytime they get enamored with a new person. Once the passion dies down, they will want new meat. It's inevitable. How bout just dating? Kirk Russell and Goldie Hahn have been dating for decades, they are perfectly fine (the last I heard).
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002
    I guess Aniston will be the kid's caretaker.
    There's no kid.

"It's probably for the best that these two never had a child. Their combined genes would have created a beautiful monster the likes of which no human could resist. Hey, sort of like me!"

Quote Originally Posted by junny
    Kevin Bacon's wife is KYRA SEDGWICK.
    All Kathryn Erbe did was star as Kevin's wife in Stir of Echoes.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

the real reason that Brad and Jennifer broke up was because Brad Pitt wanted to have children and Jennifer Anniston didn't because she wanted to focus on her film career more.

when they first got married Brad Pitt enthusiastically said that he had found the perfect woman who was going to bear his children and that they were going to have a baby within 2 years. if you paid attention to the way Brad Pitt talked during the past especially during his interviews, he always mentioned babies and how soon he and Jennifer were going to have some of their own. they even have a nursery in their home.

initially Brad and Jennifer decided that at the end of the 'Friends' season they were going to have a baby but then 'Friends' was extended (due to the enormous amount of money being thrown at the stars to continue with the show). they then decided that Jenner would have a baby after the final finale of 'Friends' however Jennifer decided to act in movies instead. she wanted to prove that she was more than just a tv star.

Brad Pitt really wants to have children, he has said that he wanted to be a dad before he hit the big 40 because he did not want an OLD dad, someone who couldn't take his kid to the playground and teach them how to ride a bike.

the thing that i find most funny is that this time it is the guy who really wants to have children. usually in a relationship it is always the woman who wants the children.

i hope the above information was useful.

cheers

Very informative. Here's to him hooking up with Angelina Jolie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren
    Brad Pitt really wants to have children, he has said that he wanted to be a dad before he hit the big 40 because he did not want an OLD dad, someone who couldn't take his kid to the playground and teach them how to ride a bike.
    Yeah. He wanted to have children so much he allegedly had an affair with Angelina Jolie, who already has a kid. Truly exemplary behaviour from someone who wants to be a father so badly.
    玉木宏

blog