Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renci Charity Show

Default Mediacorp sucks big time

wanted to watch ren ci charity show cos i liked the way it was run the last two years... this year is SOOOOO disappointing........ mediacock has totally turned renci charity into another freakin NKF!... they seem to just have a template for everything they do, charity shows, dramas, etc... last two years we got to see the concern for each other and the family spirit of the media works artistes.... too bad we won't ever get to see it anymore cos mediacock has taken over!

i woudl suggest, swtich to cable and stop watching Medium cock programme be it 8, 5, U, CNA. Central, Suria. It is all shit.

I know everyone is going to flame me for this, but I prefer Mediacrap's charity shows. Minus the bribes, which are pretty shitty. Not that I donate to either anyway, I didn't trust either station to channel every amount earned to the charities. I just watch to laugh at stupidity.

i never like any of the charity shows, if u haven notice, once every 2 months we seem to be having such shows and its a little too overboard now. i guess renci charity show supersedes the rest is because the venarable shi ming yi performs and i applaud him for that. the rest of the performances are pretty much the same. if u miss this, u still can watch in the next. JMHO.

Hmm... I am not very supportive of charity shows, be it by Mediacorpse or Mediaworks. It says alot about Singaporeans if we need a bunch of people to engage in dangerous stunts for us to donate money to charity. As much as I respect Venerable Ming Yi for his acts of kindness, it was a major turnoff last year when he stood in the ice for so long. It felt like they were holding him for ransom while the rest of us call in to donate. What kind of society are we when people have to resort to such antics for donations?

Despite my comments.... i actually watched some of Renci yesterday. Hmm... somehow or other, the presence of the Mediacorpse people actually... what's the word... cheapen?? Yes, it cheapens the whole atmosphere, cause it feels like they were being extremely fake and pretentious.

Just wondering, is there going to be Renci next year??

Default i hate ch 8

watched the renci show.. its a diff feeling. like.. so ugh. i still prefer mediaworks.. boycotting ch 8 now. i think ch 8 is reli cunning or whatsoever. change all the ch u tv times.. nw i onli watch half an hr of voh?! ugh. den like i think they will say sth like ch u has v little ppl watching n close it down or sth.

oops out of point!! actualli i watched the show just for the yummy2 ppl. n it was onli a disappointing minute or so. overall the show was.. okay. bt i dun like the ch 8 ppl. chew chor meng is a lousy host.. diana ser is still okay.

ch 8 have so many charity shows a yr i think they shld let ch u con't with making their OWN renci show..

I must say that this yr's ren ci charity show is not as good as the past couple of yrs. Chew chor meng shouldn't be the host as well, 'cos he realli cant host and kept showing that suffering facial expression. Yi Feng should stay at the UCC with Guo Liang hosting the whole programme 'cos their chemistry are better. It's quite like a mess.
    But I must applaud for ming yi and the artistes' efforts such as bryan and kym!

Donate make u burn ur pocket a small tiny hole but it can save more then thosuand live if u no money don donate nobody force u to donate if got the heart go be a volunter worker where it can accumlate ur good deed.
    If the mediacorp ceo Mr Ernest Wong he would be very sad where u just posting to provoked him in merging lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    yes, above the target of 5mil, but i think below that of last yr.
    btw, how many push-ups did chen zhichai and darren lim did in the end?
    who cares how many did they do? I think it's all a gimmick. its really pathetic the way some of them are doing the pushups they might as well do girls style...

i mean, some like JJ lin, in the end he was doing it halfway and he might as well not be doing!

then there was the fat boy... wtf? he did like 10 or 12 rubbish push ups, was he playing or helping?

I think tht 17 year old gal rox, the onli gal who was gungho enough to do it. and mens style not girls style. ok hers is oso not 100% standard but still she lasted very long up there! correct me if i'm wrong, i think she did at least 50, 60, maybe up to 80 in abt 5 minutes? tht's really remarkable for a girl doing mens pushups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadistic
    who cares how many did they do? I think it's all a gimmick. its really pathetic the way some of them are doing the pushups they might as well do girls style...

i mean, some like JJ lin, in the end he was doing it halfway and he might as well not be doing!

then there was the fat boy... wtf? he did like 10 or 12 rubbish push ups, was he playing or helping?

I think tht 17 year old gal rox, the onli gal who was gungho enough to do it. and mens style not girls style. ok hers is oso not 100% standard but still she lasted very long up there! correct me if i'm wrong, i think she did at least 50, 60, maybe up to 80 in abt 5 minutes? tht's really remarkable for a girl doing mens pushups.
    hey, applaud the effort if not the result. At their age and without any training, doing 20 proper push-ups is hard enough. It's not as if all of these guys are soldiers at the peak of their training. And the girl only did about 20-30 if i remember correctly.

I'm especially impressed by Edmund Chen. At his age and without constant training, he managed to do over 100 push-ups and they were decent enough. Many soldiers dun even do the proper style push-ups during their army days, wat more these actors who are way past their army days.

If it was quantity and quality that wanted, wat could be easier than getting a platoon of recruits from BMT to go down there and contribute like 100 push-ups each? They'd easily break the 2000 mark.

Default wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by mediaworks
    Bad screen shots. Don't know who the fish is the camera man.
    the live broadcast is so dark and yellowish.

Did you notice that most of the time, the Ch 8 artiste are being ZOOM In whereas former mediaworks one are not?

They probably also purposely separate GuoLiang and Quan Yifeng. What the hell is Xiu Xiying and Zhou Chuming there. They are lousy hosts.

Please don't spoil the image. See that f*** ou xuan face on CH U, makes me puke.

Dude....no.1 --if u dont like mediacorp den u can go n find another station (not dat there is another 1)....no need 2 critcise them so harshly...no.2 do u fink dat these ppl got so much time as to purposely focus on the mediacorp artiste n not mediaworks??

n finally...dont u insult jeanette aw...she left to excel in her career knowing damn well dat channel u was in shits.

Quote Originally Posted by mediaworks
    i woudl suggest, swtich to cable and stop watching Medium cock programme be it 8, 5, U, CNA. Central, Suria. It is all shit.

good...go get a life...hav a cry

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner
    hey, applaud the effort if not the result. At their age and without any training, doing 20 proper push-ups is hard enough. It's not as if all of these guys are soldiers at the peak of their training. And the girl only did about 20-30 if i remember correctly.

I'm especially impressed by Edmund Chen. At his age and without constant training, he managed to do over 100 push-ups and they were decent enough. Many soldiers dun even do the proper style push-ups during their army days, wat more these actors who are way past their army days.

If it was quantity and quality that wanted, wat could be easier than getting a platoon of recruits from BMT to go down there and contribute like 100 push-ups each? They'd easily break the 2000 mark.

apologies if there's any misunderstanding. I meant that only some were making a fool out of the whole thing (eg. Richie Yen the smart alec and JJ Lin - sorry to their fans though). and tht little boy too.

but then there are some who were really good. yes, Edmund Chen, and the Ch U guy who hosts the $2 food show (man he must have done 200?) and Allan Wu who really showed how strong he was. And the gal who must be saluted for being the only gal to stand up and be counted in a guy's thing no matter what. she was quite incredible and 20-30 is abit unlikely, she was up there for very long (abt 5 mins) and was doing at a very standard consistant speed everytime the camera showed her. unless she slacked everytime the camera rolled off lol which i don't think so. I still think she did at the very least 40 or 50 mens style which is remarkable for any girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadistic
    apologies if there's any misunderstanding. I meant that only some were making a fool out of the whole thing (eg. Richie Yen the smart alec and JJ Lin - sorry to their fans though). and tht little boy too.

but then there are some who were really good. yes, Edmund Chen, and the Ch U guy who hosts the $2 food show (man he must have done 200?) and Allan Wu who really showed how strong he was. And the gal who must be saluted for being the only gal to stand up and be counted in a guy's thing no matter what. she was quite incredible and 20-30 is abit unlikely, she was up there for very long (abt 5 mins) and was doing at a very standard consistant speed everytime the camera showed her. unless she slacked everytime the camera rolled off lol which i don't think so. I still think she did at the very least 40 or 50 mens style which is remarkable for any girl.
    no no, I get wat you are saying. Just saying that you gotta take everything in perspective. Alan Wu didn't really do that many push-ups given his build. He looked tired at around 60+. The $2 host guy did 200 but they weren't very proper either. But the point is most of them tired themselves doing how many push-ups and watever styles they used. Honestly, I doubt JJ Lin could've done much push-ups anyway but wat he did probably did tire him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner
    no no, I get wat you are saying. Just saying that you gotta take everything in perspective. Alan Wu didn't really do that many push-ups given his build. He looked tired at around 60+. The $2 host guy did 200 but they weren't very proper either. But the point is most of them tired themselves doing how many push-ups and watever styles they used. Honestly, I doubt JJ Lin could've done much push-ups anyway but wat he did probably did tire him out.

yeah man..dat was funny...some of those dudes were simply like....only moving their head...lol-.-"