Thread: The Heaven Sword vs. the Dragon Sabre

Default The Heaven Sword vs. the Dragon Sabre

Before I knew what the story of HEAVEN SWORD & DRAGON SABRE was really about, I assumed that it was about two powerful weapons that eventually, some martial artists would use to fight each other in some kind of duel. Of course, that wasn't the point of HSDS and the weapons never were used in battle against each other. What would happen if they had been used against each other, however? Imagine that there are two martial artists, each with equal inner power and equal skill in the use of the respective weapons. Who would have had the advantage? Would both weapons necessarily break on the first clash, or could they actually have this duel?

Wouldn't they just break to reveal what's hidden within?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    Wouldn't they just break to reveal what's hidden within?
    That's part of the question (please read again): would either or both weapons be able to survive more than one clash to allow this duel to happen?

If adequate and equal inner strength was used, I would assume both would break after one blow.

Also depends how u use it I guess, like if you're poking the side of the sabre with the point of the sword, the sword might not break

The winner may be determined by the shrapnel.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

the dragon saber n heaven sword breaking when they clash just doesnt make sense. if that was the case, sword duels would be almost impossible if the above was true. that would also apply to mediocre swordsmen. when zhou zhiruo broke the saber n sword, her inner energy was pretty crappy.

this is probably whats gonna happen if weapons can break that easily:

swordsman A vs swordsman B:

round 1, fight !

both swordsmen gather their qi and charge towards each other

swords clash

*piang*

swords break

on the fun side, equal inner power and equal skills do not mean equal great inner power and skills. suppose ken and I each one of these weapons. possibly the winner will be the one with the heaven sword since the other will die from carrying the heavy dragon sabre.
    but if zwj and zzr, then probably according to theory, both weapons will break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Imagine that there are two martial artists, each with equal inner power and equal skill in the use of the respective weapons. Who would have had the advantage? Would both weapons necessarily break on the first clash, or could they actually have this duel?

Zhou Zhi Ruo was relatively weak before she studied 9 Yin wasn't she? and even then... it was mostly for show

ok, but i think i will lose to zzr in a fight. not sure about ken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo
    Zhou Zhi Ruo was relatively weak before she studied 9 Yin wasn't she? and even then... it was mostly for show