Thread: tvb teams?

Default tvb teams?

Just wondering how does tvb come up with the casting for their serials? Noticed that they tend to pair certain gps of actors and actresses together. and what happened to certain actors/actresses? like Frankie Lam and Annie Man and Wong hei, steven Ma? How come they are not really getting much opportunities in serials?

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Just wondering how does tvb come up with the casting for their serials? Noticed that they tend to pair certain gps of actors and actresses together. and what happened to certain actors/actresses? like Frankie Lam and Annie Man and Wong hei, steven Ma? How come they are not really getting much opportunities in serials?
    Yup, I noticed that too. Some actors/actress are like teams.

but actually, I think it is how a pair is like or not like by the viewers.

Frankie is starring at least in 2 series in 2005. In Ten Brothers and also the Herbalist Manual. that is already ALOT in terms of opportunities.

Annie not only does serials, but she also hosts some documentary series too. That's also alot.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Well I noticed this too. And I think it's like an arranged team if you like.
    Maybe it's due to better chemistry and team work amongst them>?

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harhar
    Well I noticed this too. And I think it's like an arranged team if you like.
    Maybe it's due to better chemistry and team work amongst them>?
    viewers. it's all about the viewers.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

But actually have u ever think how people will come to TVb actor or actress?

Someone is from training [f.e. Raymond Lam, Tavia Yeung..]
    Someone is Miss HongKong [f.e. Sonija Kwok, Anne Heung]
    Someone is from Miss HongKong but isn't winner [f.e. Charmaine Sheh and Myolie Wu!]
    Someone is singer but become an actor/actress [f.e. Bowie Lam... Alex Fong?]
    Someone is model but become an actor/actress [f.e. Niki Chow...]
    Someone is from street???

Allways people from training and from Miss HongKong or people who is Miss HongKong are more famous than people who are from street... I hope that you understand what I mean when I say from street.

Yeah, I agree with what's been mentioned. It's mostly about audience appeal but it can also be about TVB executive support. If you make a good impression on the higher-ups (particularly, the two female execs...dunno their English names, but EVERYONE who wins an award will either or both of them), you're more likely to get their support and therefore, may have more roles to choose from. Other than that, I think it's a little about luck too.