Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Channel 8] Master Swordsman Lu Xiao Feng II ( 陆小凤 )

Default [Channel 8] Master Swordsman Lu Xiao Feng II ( 陆小凤 )

Screencaps of the opening

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img190.exs.cx/img190/7606/lxfop019cd.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img190.exs.cx/img190/7315/lxfop026um.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img190.exs.cx/img190/5493/lxfop039gx.th.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img190.exs.cx/img190/6199/lxfop040pk.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img174.exs.cx/img174/3698/lxfop059co.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img174.exs.cx/img174/9614/lxfop064xd.th.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img174.exs.cx/img174/4306/lxfop070gi.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img174.exs.cx/img174/9683/lxfop087xl.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img174.exs.cx/img174/6375/lxfop091xs.th.jpg')

Spcnet review : By sukting / Penny

Official Site

Story Outline:

This 10-episodic swashbuckling drama will feature 2 stories: The Demon Swordsman and Feng Wu Jiu Tian.

The Demon Swordsman
    Xi Men Chui Xue (Christopher Lee) agrees to retire to the idyllic countryside at the urging of his wife Sun Xiujing (Fang Jiwei), as he will soon be a father. He meets Duan Yi (Jerry Chang Lufeng), an accomplished swordsman.

Before long, Duan wins the trust of Xi Men and leads the latter into a virtual universe. Xi Men becomes totally mesmerized by the alternate dimension.
    At the same time, the pugilistic community is scandalized by a series of murders; all victims are related to Xi Men Chui Xue.

Sun is wary of Duan but since Lu Xiao Feng (Sun Yaowei) is missing in action, she turns to Si Kong Zhai Xing and Monk Bitter Gourd (Zhang Peihua) for help. Sun is then killed by unidentified persons.

Lu Xiaofeng soon gets wind of the calamity and emerges from his retirement. As he digs deep into the murders, he is shocked to discover that Duan is in fact Monk Bitter Gourd’s illegitimate son!

Can Lu’s Deft Fingers save the day?

Feng Wu Jiu Tian
    A whole party of bodyguards and the priceless gems they protect have suddenly disappeared into thin air! Taiping Shizi engages Lu Xiaofeng for help. Lu traces the gems to an island and falls in love with the island leader Gong Jiu’s (Yu Rongguang) concubine Sha Man (Li Meizhen).Gong Jiu vows a fate worse than death to befall on Lu.

Lu dodges Gong Jiu’s attacks and approaches Xi Men Chui Xue for help. They discover that Gong Jiu is actually Taiping Shizi, a pawn placed by Wu Ming (Chen Maolin) heir to the country Fu Sang, to assassinate the Emperor and thus unite the two countries!

故事大纲:

【魔鬼剑客】
    西门吹雪(李铭顺饰)难耐平凡日子,四处找寻绝世好剑与武林高手,从而结识了剑客段艺(常鲁峰饰)。西门吹 雪被段艺诱引进入虚拟世界和各界的武林高手比试,却不知是被利用杀害江湖人物。

陆小凤(孙耀威饰)力劝西门吹雪提防段艺,西门却充耳不闻,直到发现段艺乃苦瓜和尚(张佩华饰)的私生子的 时候,妻子孙秀菁(方季韦饰)已遭段艺杀害!

【凤舞九天】
    103名镖师和价值连城的珠宝在一夜之间人间蒸发。陆小凤受太平世子所托,在某岛上找到珠宝的下落,并迷恋 上岛主的爱妾沙曼(林美贞饰)。岛主宫九(于荣光饰)誓言要陆小凤生不如死,陆小凤四处躲避宫九的追杀,并 找了西门吹雪帮忙。

最终查出宫九便是太平世子,而他原来是扶桑国后人吴明(陈茂林饰)安置在宫中的一粒棋子,以密谋刺杀皇上, 完成扶桑国统一中原的美梦。
    Although it's being rerunned on Channel U now, it's still a Channel 8 production originally.
    Last edited by wuchang; 01-23-05 at 08:34 AM.

sorry, but it doesn't really seem that interesting to me.
    Paris Hilton's funeral... ...see me?

Anyone saw the first episode? Is it nice? I missed the first episode... what a pity...

Quote Originally Posted by nie_feng2002
    Anyone saw the first episode? Is it nice? I missed the first episode... what a pity...
    Me miss it too .. must remember next week ..tks wuchang for links and screencaps ... will pick up from here ...

It is not that bad. It's not very good either, but it is watchable.
    It feels foreign like many of the other Mediacorp & China productions, so I don't really like it. However, I'd rather take this than the recent Singapore series. Having said that, I still think Mediacorp shouldn't be airing this series on Channel U.
    Last edited by hola!; 01-23-05 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nie_feng2002
    you can get it off the bittorrent site at d-addicts
    http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php

we're up to eps. 2 now

I think the show sucks ... anyways, does anyone know if Hua Manlou (played by Raymond Tan?) is supposed to be blind? Because if he isn't his eyes sure looked weird while he was painting the other night, in one of the earlier episodes. That was just freaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphraeleiss
    I think the show sucks ... anyways, does anyone know if Hua Manlou (played by Raymond Tan?) is supposed to be blind? Because if he isn't his eyes sure looked weird while he was painting the other night, in one of the earlier episodes. That was just freaky.
    yes, he's suppose to be blind. i think thomas ong did a better job in the previous season. it's says there it's the last episode last sunday. so will it be showing agin?? this is really stupid everything is so unclear.

Apparently it's 20 episodes but ratings sucked so much they cut it. So they're only showing the last 10 episodes. The first story is the longest at 10 episodes a story and I think that was the worst. That had a bit more Ximen Chuixue. The script isn't very well written - when Kugua monk died the other day he said his deathbed wish was blah blah blah about his son - he said "lin2 zhong1 zhi1 qian2", which means before before he was dying. "Lin2 zhong1" alone means prior to death. There is no need to add "zhi1 qian2". No wonder Chinese standards are dropping. I haven't been exposed to much of the language for the last 8 years and I could still pick it up. Don't even get me started on the newscasters ...

Quote Originally Posted by kooki
    yes, he's suppose to be blind. i think thomas ong did a better job in the previous season. it's says there it's the last episode last sunday. so will it be showing agin?? this is really stupid everything is so unclear.
    Yes I think thomas ong did a much better job too, and because of him, I quite like the character Hua Manlou. Too bad about the sequel though, it was truly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Yes I think thomas ong did a much better job too, and because of him, I quite like the character Hua Manlou. Too bad about the sequel though, it was truly boring.
    Not to mention that Thomas looks the role too.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

i know what u mean. the hua manlou love story was so much better. u could really feel his pain when the gal he loves died.

The sequel boring? Nothing can beat the first Lu Xiaofeng in the boring department.
    If stretching 5 episodes worth of plot into 20 episodes doesn't result in overly boring and aimless show, I don't know what does.

The sequel isn't a perfect series by any measure, but it surpasses the horrible prequel by leaps and bounds.
    Last edited by hola!; 02-13-05 at 10:32 AM.

deathbed wish was blah blah blah about his son - he said "lin2 zhong1 zhi1 qian2", which means before before he was dying. "Lin2 zhong1" alone means prior to death. There is no need to add "zhi1 qian2". No wonder Chinese standards are dropping. I haven't been exposed to much of the language for the last 8 years and I could still pick it up. Don't even get me started on the newscasters ...
    http://www.google.com.sg/search?q=%E...=&start=0&sa=N

I guess the Chinese standard in China is dropping too.

I believe that the usage is correct in the links you provided. I'm probably being pedantic, but if you use the entire phrase, it depicts a specified time period prior to the death. For e.g. in the article from the search, which uses the phrase as a title, the author goes through events in Zhao Ziyang's life about 2 years before he died. Whereas in the serial, the monk was almost having his last breath - he has already arrived at the end, so to speak. That's why in wuxia serials, the last words of a person spoken are referred to "lin zhong zhi yan" - loosely speaking. I'm not saying my Chinese is so good that I can correct professional writers - I make grammatical errors all the time. And I wouldn't be at an English forum discussing Chinese serials. But I firmly believe that the media should take more care in presenting their work to the public.
    Last edited by Aphraeleiss; 02-13-05 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hola!
    The sequel boring? Nothing can beat the first Lu Xiaofeng in the boring department.
    If stretching 5 episodes worth of plot into 20 episodes doesn't result in overly boring and aimless show, I don't know what does.

The sequel isn't a perfect series by any measure, but it surpasses the horrible prequel by leaps and bounds.
    Ah well... i happen to think that the first show was better. Maybe because Hua Manlou was played by Thomas Ong. The second show does not appeal to me at all, i tried watching the first time they showed on Channel 8, unfortunately, fell asleep. Tried watching again when they show on Channel U, heh, and the same thing happened.

anyone knows the title of the theme song of this show?

need to know desperately. thanks lol

btw i'm new here. 20 years old singaporean. pm me tnx!!

title only lar
    Last edited by brassmonkey; 02-20-05 at 11:31 PM.

haha, the shikong zaixing damn lousy can. first 2 episode keep losing hahaha. keena trashed. dunno how he become king of all thieves

I believe that the usage is correct in the links you provided. I'm probably being pedantic, but if you use the entire phrase, it depicts a specified time period prior to the death. For e.g. in the article from the search, which uses the phrase as a title, the author goes through events in Zhao Ziyang's life about 2 years before he died. Whereas in the serial, the monk was almost having his last breath - he has already arrived at the end, so to speak. That's why in wuxia serials, the last words of a person spoken are referred to "lin zhong zhi yan" - loosely speaking. I'm not saying my Chinese is so good that I can correct professional writers - I make grammatical errors all the time. And I wouldn't be at an English forum discussing Chinese serials. But I firmly believe that the media should take more care in presenting their work to the public.
    Oh?
    The following excerpt is taken from one of Wei Ruian's novels. Tell me how is this different from the scene in the show.

'唐老太太临终之前,尚不放心,这被江湖人称作“最有实力,最有神秘力量和武功最高的女人”,临终之前,说了如下 的诅咒:
      “萧秋水,虽然你有七十二变之能,过人之勇,助人之义,万世之功,都不能活着走出唐门地牢,我舍这条老 命与你陪葬,除非天为之裂,地为之陷,唐门不复,圣人门徒七十二复出,以狂人燕某不世掌力,并有人为求你之 复生而不惜死……方可破壁而出……”唐老太太说罢这一番话,狂笑而死。'

"lin zhong zhi qian"means the moment where one is going to die, and not "a specified time period prior to the death".
    Last edited by hola!; 03-12-05 at 10:08 AM.

I think we have to agree to disagree. I will continue in what I believe is right and reject all other usages of the phrase as I know it. Case closed. No hard feelings if I offended anyone.

This is what I found:

去年我碰见一个病人,年纪顶大,病得非常痛苦。他看见我的时候就流泪。他对我说,他不是怨神,他实在是痛苦 。我说,你可以求神爱你,恩待你。他说,我不能求。我说,为甚么呢?他说,我一生六十多年都是为自己活, 一点都没有为神。现在要叫我在这 临终的时候,对神说你恩待我,你爱我,我好象难为情得很,说不出来。

http://www.ccbiblestudy.org/Triune/K...0Mercy-01M.htm

另一方面,则是毛泽东临终托孤,好不容易找到了的各派政治
    力量的平衡人物、过渡人物华国锋。

http://www.mlcool.com/html/ns001167.htm

其实比技术问题更要害的是心态问题:80、90年代西化过程中攒了点“外币” 的文化精英,就便在新世纪被人民币活埋了,临终的念想也还是美元人民币1:8的汇率。

http://www.chinastudygroup.org/article/73/

My final comment:
    Lin2 as from the dictionary has at least 4 meanings. The two most relevant would be "arrived" or "about to". As pertaining to lin zhong in particular, it means "about to die". I understand why some authors would use it the way you stated but it is in fact incorrect. However, if you accept it in your daily use it doesn't bother me, and no point me beating the point to death. So let's just leave it. It's not a big deal, and no point us going on cutting and pasting from all over the place when we will not change each other's opinions.

Peace out.
    Last edited by Aphraeleiss; 03-13-05 at 08:35 AM.