Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some TVB series are...

Quote Originally Posted by bebe_girl
    i acutally love endings where the main character dies, that is sometimes. i thought they did a good job on WAB. hate endings when they leave you on a cliff and endings like square pegs.
    Cliff hanger usually lets the producer and the writer rooms to have a sequal if they can milk more money from the series

And Kenny, ya I enjoy modern VOH better but I still think the formula is still the same. Most of them have the same charactors, same love interest, some kind of storyline, just some of the stuff is restricted to the period of time.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bebe_girl
    i acutally love endings where the main character dies, that is sometimes. i thought they did a good job on WAB. hate endings when they leave you on a cliff and endings like square pegs.
    I didn't think Square Pegs was a cliffhanger ending though. you can say Square Pegs ending is a Neutral Ending.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    I didn't think Square Pegs was a cliffhanger ending though. you can say Square Pegs ending is a Neutral Ending.
    i meant a cliff one and another when you don't know who ends up with who. like riches and stiches.

Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions
    you actually cannot put total blame on the scriptwriter. When my brother was working for a larger film company such as TVB, scriptwriters were constantly told to revise, revise, and revise endings (especially). The producer/ director has total say in the storyline while the scriptwriters has little to say. With a smaller private company, scriptwriters tend to have more freedom and flexibility to write what they want. For example, TOB had two alternative endings in the script but the final call came to the producer/director and not the scriptwriters.

However, I do blame scriptwriters for their consistency in all the series. It is so predictable after watching the first few episodes. Usually they have the same plot or tragic ending.
    Hmm.. okay thanks!!

Arggh.. stupid producers!!
    Heyy.. no insults ya..