Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NCAA College Basketball

Default NCAA College Basketball

Anyone in here watch college basketball? Just wondering. Well my TarHeels are doing pretty damn good this season, makes up for that sorry football season that we have nearly every year. At one time during the game today against Virginia we were up by 50 points. Illinois looks really good this season too. I hope to see Illinois, UNC, Duke, and Wake Forest all in the Final Four (yes 4 ACC teams ^_^)when march madnss comes. Well anyways what are your national polls as of now? Mine would have to be...

1. North Carolina
    2. Illinois
    3. Duke
    4. Wake Forest
    5. Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Brian0032
    Anyone in here watch college basketball? Just wondering. Well my TarHeels are doing pretty damn good this season, makes up for that sorry football season that we have nearly every year. At one time during the game today against Virginia we were up by 50 points. Illinois looks really good this season too. I hope to see Illinois, UNC, Duke, and Wake Forest all in the Final Four (yes 4 ACC teams ^_^)when march madnss comes. Well anyways what are your national polls as of now? Mine would have to be...

1. North Carolina
    2. Illinois
    3. Duke
    4. Wake Forest
    5. Kansas
    Illinois is Big Ten.

Ya, I follow the NCAA basketball and I can't wait till March KJ is right. Illininois is in the Big ten.

But ranking Tar Heels over the Illini, I hope is just a personal liking for the Tar Heels... the way Illini is playing I can't see them lose especially seeing how they play against teams like Wake Forest. But you never know :0

I am always an underdog team and I have a special place for Utes... I am glad they crack the top 25 this season because they are starting this year without the beloved Majerus. And I think they have one of the best player in the nation... Andrew Bogut.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Ooops I meant to put 3. haha.

Hehe I don't blame fans for ranking their team higher There are a lot of Dean Smith and Tar Heels fans everywhere. I always wonder if it is because Micheal Jordan came from there or because of their success in the past...
    Flame on I am gone...

Most likely both, but I've liked them ever since childhood, and that's the best hometown team we have this year (excluding Duke and Wake Forest, I hate both of them anyways). Bobcats suck, but that's always a thing that happens to an expansion team, and the Panthers didn't even make it to the playoffs.

i dun follow ncaa but i got 1 question

chris paul who plays 4 wake forest rite, well i haven't seen him play but scouts and ppl are saying he is top 3 pick. But wen u look at his stats, they are not tat impressive since there are way more better PG with bbeter stats.
    so y him???>

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac
    i dun follow ncaa but i got 1 question

chris paul who plays 4 wake forest rite, well i haven't seen him play but scouts and ppl are saying he is top 3 pick. But wen u look at his stats, they are not tat impressive since there are way more better PG with bbeter stats.
    so y him???>
    he gets a lot of hype since he's on a good team but he really is pretty good. He's fast, he's able to score, he can play some defense. Really i think it's because Wake Forest is so good right now. i dont remember them being in the top 25 before he came along.
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start

I think Wake Forest crack the top 25 when Duncan was playing in his junior and senior years... I remember the hype around him staying for his senior instead of jumping into the NBA right away so he can try to get Wake Forest their first NCAA Basketball National Champions... but it just didn't happen
    Flame on I am gone...

Somebody here must not have followed college basketball for too long. Wake Forest have been to the NCAA tournament 18 times (quite a lot considering the tournament only expanded to 64 teams in 1985 (about 20 years ago). Before that only Conference champions gets to participate (making it extra tough in the ACC). And Wake Forest's best showing in the tournament took place in 1962, when they reached the Final Four.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Someone here must have taken what people say very literally and just assume other people dont follow college basketball. So i guess i should clarify what i meant, I dont remember Wake Forest being in the top 25 just prior to chris paul coming in, i do remember them being in the tournment that year though with Josh Howard, seeded 6 or 7th, eventually losing to oregon. I do know that they are in the top 25 now and have good chance of being seeded 1.

of course even not being a true follower of college basketball, I recognize that WF has been in the top 25 within the span of the entire history of polls and NCAA tournments, yada yada so forth and so forth *cough Tim Duncan*

Sorry for the misunderstanding. But hey, if you are going to comment that you don't remember Wake Forest being in the top 25 before Chris Paul, what was I suppose to think?

Rodney Rogers? Muggsy Bogues? Randolph Childress (Mr. Outside to Duncan's Mr. Inside for a couple of years)?
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

I think Wake Forest was never ranked #1 team until this year and only at the start till they got knock out by Illini. I still think they are a quality team and could go far in the tournment come March.

I think for many who follow NCAA sports, they only really care about their team and their heated rivals. For example, that is why you have someone like Brian who is a follower of Tar Heels fan and hates Blue Devils and Deacons. He might not know what the Utes are doing or the BYU or UNLV but that doesn't mean he is not a loyal fan of the NCAA basketball. I doubt some of the loyal followers can keep up with every teams with in every year without the use of resources like internet... but they are never less loyal as someone might suggest here .
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. But hey, if you are going to comment that you don't remember Wake Forest being in the top 25 before Chris Paul, what was I suppose to think?

Rodney Rogers? Muggsy Bogues? Randolph Childress (Mr. Outside to Duncan's Mr. Inside for a couple of years)?
    Childress was awesome his last year, if i remember right he only got to play with Tim Duncun for a couple of years though. never understood why he didn't do as well in the NBA, he had the size and strength. WF is probably one of the best school to have never won the tournment, Georgia Tech is too i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious
    Childress was awesome his last year, if i remember right he only got to play with Tim Duncun for a couple of years though. never understood why he didn't do as well in the NBA, he had the size and strength. WF is probably one of the best school to have never won the tournment, Georgia Tech is too i think.
    I totally agree, which is why when I misunderstood you, I assumed what I did because Wake is such a quality basketball program (think UConn about 5 years ago). Anyways, all a big misunderstanding. Glad we worked it out.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

I think it has to do with the NBA coaches... some coaches will let the new recruit developed as well as other player influence of the game.

Remember Tim Duncan has one of the greatest college and nba player, David Robinson to mentor him as well let him be the man of the team. I thought it show a lot of class for Robinson to do what he did. Not many NBA baller will step down for a rookie.

Another thing is allowing rookies to be the go guy in many offense which help development a lot. Look at all the last year rookie go guys like Lebron James, Camelo Anthony etc. they all have great rookie seasons because the game play was develop around them.

Lastly it all depends the partnership. Duncan had Robinson, Kobe had Shaq support when they were in good teams in LA as well you see Wade having great seaons with Shaq in Miami and so on. If you have another great player on the team that can drag extra defender on them, you have a better chance of getting the ball to score.
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    I think it has to do with the NBA coaches... some coaches will let the new recruit developed as well as other player influence of the game.

Remember Tim Duncan has one of the greatest college and nba player, David Robinson to mentor him as well let him be the man of the team. I thought it show a lot of class for Robinson to do what he did. Not many NBA baller will step down for a rookie.

Another thing is allowing rookies to be the go guy in many offense which help development a lot. Look at all the last year rookie go guys like Lebron James, Camelo Anthony etc. they all have great rookie seasons because the game play was develop around them.

Lastly it all depends the partnership. Duncan had Robinson, Kobe had Shaq support when they were in good teams in LA as well you see Wade having great seaons with Shaq in Miami and so on. If you have another great player on the team that can drag extra defender on them, you have a better chance of getting the ball to score.
    it also helps that Duncan is natually gifted as hell, the guy's wingspan must be like wider than my living room. What a huge difference in how he and Macus Camby came out of college. I remember watching their "showdown" between UMass and WF and Camby looked like he was leagues ahead Duncan. Things are much different now.

I thought Keith Van Horn (drafted 2nd behind Duncan) was good too... but he is having off and on games all his career
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    I thought Keith Van Horn (drafted 2nd behind Duncan) was good too... but he is having off and on games all his career
    you weren't the only one, i thought for sure he'll average 20/10. He's been close to that but he's so streaky. In college he just shot over everybody but he couldn't do it in the NBA, players who rely on jumpshots are a dime a dozen now.

ya him and Andre Miller were my favorite at Utah... there was Tom Chambers too.. but that is another story and I was wee little then.

Utah Utes is my favor NCAA basketball team. What is all of yours? Beside Brian and his Tar Heels
    Flame on I am gone...