Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Very First Journey To The West Made By ATV China

Default The Very First Journey To The West Made By ATV China

This Series was the best one made that even the one made by TVB in 1996 was nuthing compare to it. The monkey and the pig look real. I didn't like it when the TVB one where the pig has a plastic body.

Quote Originally Posted by XsYackosX
    This Series was the best one made that even the one made by TVB in 1996 was nuthing compare to it. The monkey and the pig look real. I didn't like it when the TVB one where the pig has a plastic body.

really there was one made by atv????
    I wonder what the casts look like???

Quote Originally Posted by earth4477
    really there was one made by atv????
    I wonder what the casts look like???
    I think the threadstarter is referring to the mainland China one starring Liu Xiao Ling Tong as the monkey king. It was probably shown on ATV at one point.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

This series is great, I remember watching it when I was little. The only problem is the sound effects (the "Beezaweeezaweeee!" and "Beedipeebop!")

For some reason, I always forget how the series ends...

I heard they updated it in 2001 or something.

Yeah I liked it too. However I've seen it a long time ago and forgot most of it. How many episodes were there? When was it made?

Quote Originally Posted by AresInvincible
    Yeah I liked it too. However I've seen it a long time ago and forgot most of it. How many episodes were there? When was it made?
    It was made in 1989. I think there were about 25 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omniflame
    I heard they updated it in 2001 or something.
    Yeah, there was a sequel made that year that looked back on the journey or something like that. I heard that it wasn't as good as the first one, but then again, most sequels don't live up to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by AresInvincible
    There are 25 episodes total. It was made in the late 1980's, so Omniflame is probably right.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Are you all talking about the journey to the west with the very adorable monkey who acted so monkey-like that rumors had it his wife left him because he couldn't shake the habit in real life?

You know, the one with three to five diff. ppl playing the role of the monk guy.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

It was just 3 people playing the monk.

haha, yeah it was 3 dif guys playing the monk...
    the series was made in 1986, the one in 1989 was Hong Luo Meng
    the company was CCTV
    the ending was just that they retrieved the buddhist scripts and went back to China... and when they did, they were flying on clouds, even Tang Monk!
    and yup I love Liu Xiao Ling Tung!

Loved the show - but he did look freakishly like a monkey. Hope the rumor about his wife dumping him wasn't true. Anyways, forget what year, but he made a series that depicted his life when he was a kid, only that he played the father in this case and they got some little kids to pose as him and his brothers - it's called Hou Wa or something (monkey kids). It was only 10-12 episodes or so. The toddlers in the show were so cute!

Yea, this series was made in 1986. I remember reading the end credits and that's what it said. I rewatched this series recently on DVD. It is truly a classic.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Yep, it is such a classic. No other journey to the west can compare. I thought the monkey was very cute and the pig in human form was not so bad-lookin'. I also liked the horse-prince and the water demon guy was cool too. However, I depise the monk(s).
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

The only problem is the sound effects (the "Beezaweeezaweeee!" and "Beedipeebop!")
    yeah. that's totally annoying. especially when i tried to hear the conversation. but i still enjoyed watching this series.

However, I depise the monk(s).
    lol what's wrong with the monk(s)? i like the one in 2nd part. at first i really didn't notice that the monk was played by 3 different guys they kinda look the same...and my attention was in the monkey :P

Is this one?this is made by CCTV

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://lizp1983.bokee.com/19/53/12/lizp1983.bokee.com/up200604/87/123187.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by LiuYiFei
    Is this one?this is made by CCTV

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://lizp1983.bokee.com/19/53/12/lizp1983.bokee.com/up200604/87/123187.jpg')
    I've seen a quite expensive set of porcelain figures of all the characters from the series, here in Calgary, that looked identical to the characters in the series. I almost bought the set but didn't. Might have been a good investment.
    Yes, I too have this series and have watched it a few times even though I can't understand the language. In fact, when I think about the series, the theme song starts playing in my mind.
    Last edited by JamesG; 06-17-06 at 05:23 PM.

i just realized recently there was a part II to the show. The first part was really good and should have ended there. I think the 2nd part was made way later and was not intended during the time of the first. anywayz, the second part didn't have a single appearance from the horse yet there was several water fights, so it annoyed me. also the viet-dubbed for it was really off and the pig was played by a different guy who was fatter, so I didn't like it. I was just glad that the monkey was played by the same guy but the custom was not as go as the first and so the monkey didn't look as cute.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    i just realized recently there was a part II to the show. The first part was really good and should have ended there. I think the 2nd part was made way later and was not intended during the time of the first. anywayz, the second part didn't have a single appearance from the horse yet there was several water fights, so it annoyed me. also the viet-dubbed for it was really off and the pig was played by a different guy who was fatter, so I didn't like it. I was just glad that the monkey was played by the same guy but the custom was not as go as the first and so the monkey didn't look as cute.
    The second part was basically some chapters from the novel which wasn't filmed in the first part. so it's not really planned as some sort of random sequel. They wanted to film the second part to have the series more 'complete'. It was quite amazing for these actors to return almost 15-20 years later to do the same roles. They're all quite old at the time part 2 was filmed and it's not very easy to jump and run around anymore.

I remember watching part 2 on the television and didn't like it on bit. All the casts looked so old and tired. Also, they put on so make-up, I could see the the pink blush on the monkey face. Anyway, I really love part I. It is the best Journey to the West ever. All the characters were fantastic, especially the monkey and king. I really like the monk, 2 out of 3 actually. I thought one of them looked kinda chubby. Besides the actors, I also love the costumes, sceneries, and music. All the ladies in this show were very beautiful, especially Hang Nga. The lady who played her looked like a real godness. Hmm...I gotta watch this series again. For those who want to watch this, go to video.google.com and type in Tay Du Ky in the search box. Someone upload the whole series..a big thumb up to that person.

hehe that person is the admin in the forum movies.ctnk.com

he is waiting until he has all the epiosdes up before he adds the series to the forum.
    Last edited by one985; 06-22-06 at 04:39 PM.