Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion 2

hey!!.. Did n e one see the SUns and the GS Warriors? that was so embarrising, even though they pulled the win away, they still sucked tonight, like Amare had like what 10 points, and they had a like a 17 point lead at half time and suddenly Bam! they were like down like 4 at the last min and then it went to Ot and won by 4 cuz of Q.Richardson S.Marion and J.Jackson.. i was so dissapointed
    I LoVe RoN nG hE iS sO ****iN hOtT.HeS sO sExY, He's kISsAbLe, HuGgAbLe AnD Fu*kAbLe! HAHA I finiished a WHOLE MUFFIN! ahh!! Died hair agian light brown!!

They had 2 starters sick, so that's why Stoudamire only shot 2/8...

Ahh good old Phoenix. Put up 136 tonight and Amare with another huge game.

Darko with yet another new career high. Kid's on fire and deserves to be a starter.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by spooks

Darko with yet another new career high. Kid's on fire and deserves to be a starter.
    *Snickers*

Though giving up 120+ to the Jazz and letting Raja Bell drop 22 isn't exactly comforting for Phoenix fans.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

well, i think their fans are pretty happy with the season so far. they have got only a few years to smile though, cuz nash isn't getting any younger and without him, suns are a different team.

but i like to see how they fare come playoffs time where defense is the name of the game.

last time i heard it was 42 points for Amare!! Can't wait to see which 2 teams battle it out for the Nba Title! lol hope its Phxx!! lol
    I LoVe RoN nG hE iS sO ****iN hOtT.HeS sO sExY, He's kISsAbLe, HuGgAbLe AnD Fu*kAbLe! HAHA I finiished a WHOLE MUFFIN! ahh!! Died hair agian light brown!!

Nah. Healthy Duncan owns all.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

meh cmon. i'm, rooting for houston, inform team rite now. I hope this form stays, hoping they at least get into top 4 seeds. Seasons still got a long way to go, alot can happen.

Yea ... Yao's been vicious as of late. Much more consistent in shooting the ball, minimizing TO's, and attacking the boards. Rockets finally seem to be shaping up to their potential. I noticed they started to run a lot more and their team makeup is pretty interesting. You have Yao, an inside threat, McGrady a swing man/playmaker, and everyone else as spot-up 3 point shooters.

Sura's been amazing too, his numbers are moving closer back to where they were last year with the Hawks where he averaged almost a triple double every game. Who woulda thought ... with all the talk about Garnett and LBJ as legitimate triple double threats night in and night out, Bob Sura emerges as the real trip-double champion!

Last 5 games for Sura: 11.2 / 10 / 7.4 / 1.6
    Last edited by bliss; 02-16-05 at 01:10 PM.

rockets are hot,hot,hot right now...

but top 4 is a tough ask despite their current form.

aside from the WAS game, tmac hasn't been shooting well during the streak, although he's still scoring and doing other things to help.

yao's been shooting great, i think he was like 9-10 in the bulls game, 11-14 in the WAS game. but his minutes are still at 30,31 per game, and fronting defensive schemes still give him problems.

the role players are playing awesome, chemistry is also improving.

nevertheless, u have to consider the fact that houston chopped and changed their roster so many times to accomodate yao that the team is barely recognizable from the one when he was first drafted.

in fact, i reckon he is the only player still remaining from the team that appeared in last year's training camp. it takes time to gel into a top team.

moreover, even though they are winning, the 2 superstars are not in sync yet. van gundy's offensive plays have not fully integrated the respective talents of his two primary players.

they also lack a killer instinct. i can't remember how many times they blew 16,18,14 point second-half leads, only to squeeze a victory at the end.

finally, this team is old, relatively speaking. but the good thing is tmac and yao are their younger players.

anyway, i think they are right about where they should be.

hah Rockets r okay.. lol. don't care 2 much bout them, but you also have 2 see how they play *tonight or tomorow* against the SPurs.. i think(hah) cuz their the #1 seed in the whole Nba right now lol

Quote Originally Posted by XxSimpleeSweet9xX
    last time i heard it was 42 points for Amare!! Can't wait to see which 2 teams battle it out for the Nba Title! lol hope its Phxx!! lol
    i dont' think having an explosive offense win championships.

i.e. kings and mavericks.

the key is still in defense. spurs have it. heats have it. pistons will have it when playoff comes. rockets are slowly finding it pending on mcgrady.
    69 is a nice number

Sura and McGrady elevating their game has made the walking 7'6 marshmellow look pretty good lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jere
    i dont' think having an explosive offense win championships.

i.e. kings and mavericks.

the key is still in defense. spurs have it. heats have it. pistons will have it when playoff comes. rockets are slowly finding it pending on mcgrady.
    I kno you have to have a defensive side.. thats why Lakers lost 2 Pistons last year.. but i like the Piston so yah n e ways the Suns r just like my home team cuz i'm from Arizona and i love um i guess hha but they could ALWAYS improbe their defense like the Rockets r improving lol.. i have a mind of like 2 years..old so excuse me sometimes i guess ha

Sura and McGrady elevating their game has made the walking 7'6 marshmellow look pretty good lately.
    walking marshmellow? hahahaha. he's not that soft.

at least he doesn't seem lost on the court anymore
    69 is a nice number

it's the other way around. it's Big YAO, who elevated his game to compensate for the worst shooting point guard in the nba and the clueless small forward, who continues to hurt the team with low percentage shots.

It's somewhere in between what the 2 of you have said. Yao, McGrady, and Sura have gotten used to each other and, as a result, have improved their game and each others' game as well. Either way, the result has been that all of those players have become much more consistent these last games (especially as compared to earlier in the season).

An example of this is pretty easily seen in the problem that c13:4567 has said, that Yao has problems when teams front him. But that's also a result of not having a very perimeter player that is adept at giving him a good entry pass, as a good entry pass over the fronting player would leave the post-up player with a simple lay-up (watch what happens when people front Spurs or Heat and see what happens with a good entry pass). Even so, Yao could make the job of the entry passer easier by putting his elbow in the back of the fronting player and push him away as the entry pass comes in one side or another. So, as with everything, there's no single reason why Yao has problems with fronting defensive players, and there's no single solution either.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_z
    it's the other way around. it's Big YAO, who elevated his game to compensate for the worst shooting point guard in the nba and the clueless small forward, who continues to hurt the team with low percentage shots.
    Big Marshmellow Yao? I agree with you. He's 7'6 300+ pounds of pure marshmellow goodness.

Yao + 7'6 graham cracker + chocolate and a microwave big enough to put them in = 1 helluva of S'More

Yao's your favorite player that's cool I have nothing against that. But it's pretty lame to be hating on 2 guys who are making Yao look alot better than he actually is.

That clueless SF put in 28/6,5/6 in the month of January while shooting 43%. 27/6/7.7 shooting 42% in February. I'll take one of those for my Lakers.

And the "worst shooting poing guard in the nba" was getting some pretty nice praise from your fellow Rockets fans early this page.

Yao's still soft as anything...

It's just now guys like Sura, Wesley, and T-Mac are hitting more of thier shots forcing the defense out. So of course you're not going to shoot with hand in your face when you got a 7'6 'jack in the beanstalk giant' in the lane - so they're finally passing the ball to him when they get closed downa and vice-versa.

starting to look like a team - but still hate van gundy's broing play...
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Poor Sixers, they are going to continue wading in mediocrity.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo