Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion 2

Default NBA Discussion 2

Vince Carter is still a starter in the Eastern all-star team? Sheesh.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Vince Carter is still a starter in the Eastern all-star team? Sheesh.
    Although VC is nowhere where he used to be, his game HAS picked up as of late. Been close to a triple double a couple times and has put up 20+ pretty consistently. However, this is considering that the Nets are pretty depleted and his numbers jumped ever since RJ got injured. Still sucks though that VC and Hill are starting ... much more deserving would be J O'Neal and Jamison as starters.

Vince just backed out of the dunk contetst...again . This came after a month of saying that he would consider it. Then a week ago he dropped the bomb. Why does he have to do this every year. But whatever im over it LBJ says he's considering and i hope that kid from the bobcat joins whats his name? like Jr smith(?) he looks like an incredible leaper.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    Vince just backed out of the dunk contetst...again . This came after a month of saying that he would consider it. Then a week ago he dropped the bomb. Why does he have to do this every year. But whatever im over it LBJ says he's considering and i hope that kid from the bobcat joins whats his name? like Jr smith(?) he looks like an incredible leaper.
    Think you mean the rookie Josh Smith from the Hawks?

Gerald wallace, he can dunk men, and Carter deserves to be in the All-star game. It's a game for the fans and i rather watching Carter giving some spectacular dunks then Jermaine O Neal or Jamison. I Really hope Okafor is joining the eastern reserves, he 's doing great for the bobcats!

Well All star starter is from the fans... I guess Vince has lots of fan support. I wonder how he will do next year since he is not playing in Canada anymore and lots of people assume that majority of the votes came from Raptor fans.

I wish Oneal would be starter instead because he is better then both Hill and Carter... but because of that ugly incident, he didn't get enough support.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Na man i rechecked it its jr smith this guy http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jr_smith/index.html. He had the sickest alleyoop this year when he kinda tucked the ball behind his neck with one hand from the alley. Never even heard of the guy before that but the only peeps ive seen do that dunk in a nba game are VC(backin day) and matrix.

I heard Josh Smith is nuts 2. Thats the guy that marion was saying could jump outta the gym early on in the season right?? I remeber reading some of his scouting reports at an nbadraft site a year or so ago and they were saying that he's the next vince. unfortuanatly i dont catch very many ...actually truthfully i dont watch any hawks games so havent seen him dunk yet.

Gerald wallace, he can dunk men
    Yeah man he is nuts. But he had 2 join in the worst year. There used to be this site that (dunknation.com?)that had all these youn dunkers u never heard about and GW was one. Dont let that wacked up commercialized wheel spinning dunk contest fool u that kid can jump. He can hit that free throw line dunk from about half a foot back. And he proboally would have done so if that stupid wheel wasnt in his way . Also he got jipped by the judges. That off the ground over Cwebb windmill was a definite ten.

Josh Smith is absolutely nasty. He's the only reason I started watching most of ATL games starting few weeks back. Too bad he's injuried.

VC and Grant are gonna get torn apart by Duncan and Garnett.

He can hit that free throw line dunk from about half a foot back.
    Foul line dunks dont impress me any more. After seeing James White jump from the line and put it between his legs.

Too bad he's not in the league. White vs Carter = best dunk contest ever.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by spooks
    VC and Grant are gonna get torn apart by Duncan and Garnett.

Foul line dunks dont impress me any more. After seeing James White jump from the line and put it between his legs.

Too bad he's not in the league. White vs Carter = best dunk contest ever.
    It would be interesting to see if Carter will try to dunk over the big 3 Yao, Duncan, or KG but I got a feeling he will try on Yao just because he is not as aggressive as the other 2.

Also Duncan and KG have to content with Shaq too since I doubt Yao could be off his game against Shaq and someone has to step up
    Flame on I am gone...

Don't know that, maybe they will make it a great show and not playing with much defense. The only thing i know is that Shaq won't allow to Kobe dunk over him

Quote Originally Posted by Hapo21
    Don't know that, maybe they will make it a great show and not playing with much defense. The only thing i know is that Shaq won't allow to Kobe dunk over him
    '

Ya that would be interesting to see
    Flame on I am gone...

Hah Yao with the most votes in History (even more than MJ).

I wonder how many votes Wang ZhiZhi would get if he was on the ballot
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

I wonder how many votes Wang ZhiZhi would get if he was on the ballot
    Isn't he on the ballot anyways? Just that nobody cares.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Amare Stoudemire is first official guy in the dunk contest. He stunk the first time around but I've seen him do some really nice stuff in the McDonald's HS Dunk Contest (one he lost to Melo)

Fred Jones, Iguodala, Ben Gordon and Anderson all want in. I hope they change the format. 4 participants is lame.

I think is the introduction of internet voting and the wider media NBA has now then before. That is why you see a huge jump in number of vote thru out the years.
    Flame on I am gone...

Foul line dunks dont impress me any more. After seeing James White jump from the line and put it between his legs
    Man ive heard about this from slam... it was at JYD's chraity game in Tdot and white was supposed to have pulled off a two handed/windmill/through the leg all from the FT line. Do u have the clip?

Ive seen his HS/midtown madness stuff wit gators and it was nuts. He does two handed dunk from free throw line like nothing he can tuck it behind neck or pump the ball to waist. Fastest through the leg dunk ive ever seen and he can go both ways. The best 1 foot take off since jordan.... Anyways i watched LBj's HS stuff and it was weak but according 2 telfair LBj can hit that through the leg and two hand from freethrow line wit ease.

I've seen him do some really nice stuff in the McDonald's HS Dunk Contest (one he lost to Melo)
    He got jipped... that through the leg reverse from baseline was nuts and he got like a 45? I watched the clip a while back but IIRC Melo was getting fifties for average dunks.

James White goin' between the legs from about a step inside FT line ... unreal

http://funimg.pchome.com.tw/img_uplo...er5_193059.gif

Anyways i watched LBj's HS stuff and it was weak but according 2 telfair LBj can hit that through the leg and two hand from freethrow line wit ease
    Most of that stuff was pretty weak. Height was impressive but they were 'simple' dunks. Shannon Brown stole the show with that nasty 360 from the line (close enough).

He got jipped... that through the leg reverse from baseline was nuts and he got like a 45? I watched the clip a while back but IIRC Melo was getting fifties for average dunks.
    Amare's fault. He would've won if he didn't botch his last dunk (FT dunk). Melo has been pretty overrated for a while now.

James White goin' between the legs from about a step inside FT line ... unreal
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was the sickest dunk ive ever seen in my whole life . A bajillion thx. When i heard about that dunk iwas looking all over for it but just found his old ones. Do you have his windmill from the FT-line? Any1 know if James White can still dunk like this? A year ago i heard he had a pretty bad knee or ankle injury.

Anyways since im scamming u all for clips i was wondering if any1 has seen any Ronnie Fields clips. I DL some of his high school stuff and it was nuts but only in game stuff. I heard vince chickend out of two dunk contest against this guy and he can do that 360 windmill from a standstill .

hey!.. I guess you all like basketball? lol..so did n e one see the rockets and lakers 2 day? 103-102?? lol