Thread: Whose potrayal of Shi Po Tian is more accurate?

Default Whose potrayal of Shi Po Tian is more accurate?

Wu Jian's (Mainland version) and Tony Leung's (TVB version) potrayal of Shi Po Tian is very different from each other. Between the 2 of them, who gave a more accurate potrayal of Shi Po Tian?

Wu Jian's version : Very friendly, always smiling. Think everyone is nice unless proven otherwise (need very strong proof). Even when people are obviously trying to hurt/kill him, he also dunno or refuse to believe it. Dislike killing and hurting people. Will sacrifice himself for the good of others.

Tony Leung's version: Very mild-mannered and soft spoken. Also very kind and honourable. A bit similar to his potrayal of ZWJ. Dislike hurting/killing people (even trees) but will do it for the good of mankind/wulin etc or for revenge. Will sacrifice himself for the good of others.

If both also did not give an accurate potrayal of the character, what is this character really like?
    Last edited by kidd; 02-15-05 at 08:30 AM.

Wu Jian's version is about right. Tony Leung's is OK but he didn't have enough screen time so I can't remember much.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

So, Wu Jian potrayal is accurate. Has anyone wonder how come SPT can be so nice and friendly when grew up with only :-
    1, his abusive adopted mother in the jungle
    2. Xia Yan Ke on top of a mountain

If a person grew up with an abusive parent who always beat and scold him and either sulk or look sad all the time as role model, wouldn't he grow up to be a violent person who always sulk around too? And being isolated for the whole of his childhood and teenage life, wouldn't he have comunication problem with people? How can a person that was rise in such a condition can be so nice, kind and friendly?

SZY, on the other has the best role model around him. His parents are both righteous people. So, is his teacher. But he grew up to be a scum.

Default Shi Zhongyu

I can't say much about Shi Potian, but I think Shi Zhongyu was totally and thoroughly spoilt by his parents Shi Qing and Min Rou. After Mei Fanggu stole the newborn SZY's twin, Shi Zhongxian, and returned him in a tangled mass of blood, Shi Qing and Min Rou were so heart-broken with the loss of their child that they ended up spoiling SZY rotten. As a result, they had to send him to Bai Zizai (Snow Mountain Clan) for some "rehabilitation". So I would say that Shi Qing and Min Rou, despite being righteous people, played a role in turning SZY into scum. That is why they finally had Xie Yanke take him away, probably in the hope that he would eventually become as nice as SPT.

But of course, it still does not explain why SPT is as nice as he is.