Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yammie Lam (藍潔瑛)

She is a very pretty woman. Too bad when she was in her heyday, she didn't appreciate what she had, she made lot of mistakes and now she is all alone and penniless.

If she were born in a more normal family who could give her some guidance, her fate would have been very different.

I finally finished watching "The Greed of Man" and Yammie was really excellent in there portraying a very dynamic role.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I finally finished watching "The Greed of Man" and Yammie was really excellent in there portraying a very dynamic role.
    . ''Greed of Man '' is my first series watching Yammie ..and I think she did a great job in her role....so sad at the end she die and they played the song Faye Wong sing it at the background ....i was crying that part the most !!

I agree wit everyone ...Yammie and GYY they're look a lot alike
    but in Greed of Man ...i kinda get confused between Yammie and Vivian Chow

Quote Originally Posted by HanaButa
    . ''Greed of Man '' is my first series watching Yammie ..and I think she did a great job in her role....so sad at the end she die and they played the song Faye Wong sing it at the background ....i was crying that part the most !!

I agree wit everyone ...Yammie and GYY they're look a lot alike
    but in Greed of Man ...i kinda get confused between Yammie and Vivian Chow
    Yes, Ah Ling's death scene was so sad, especially when she was crawling around looking for the ring and there were flashbacks of when Damian did the same.

Yeah, Yammie and Vivian did look a bit alike. I think both of them + Loretta Lee are prettier than alot of today's TVB actresses.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yes, Ah Ling's death scene was so sad, especially when she was crawling around looking for the ring and there were flashbacks of when Damian did the same.

Yeah, Yammie and Vivian did look a bit alike. I think both of them + Loretta Lee are prettier than alot of today's TVB actresses.
    YESS!! that scene was the saddest ....and after Sean Lau...finally called Ah Ling ''Mother'' ...like he haven't called Ah Ling mother b4 ..only anut.

i totally agree with u Lady_Zhuge ...Yammie and Vivian AND Loretta Lee are prettiest than actress these day...and act way better than them !! ...

hey ...do u there any site that i could find Loretta Lee pics ?? and more Yammie pics ....they're my favorite actress in 90's. I couldn't find any Loretta Lee pics...which some of them r nude ....i think she very pretty and best couple with David Siu(the older brother in Greed of Man)

Yammie has a very pretty eyes and cute smile. She is one of my favorite actress.

To Farrer,
    How would you know that Yammie did not appreciate everything that she had?? It isn't her fault that she was born in a sad family. I heard she lost both of her parents in 1995 and 1996. One of her first boyfriends committed suicide in 1986 when she was filming Heir to the throne. Then later on, more recently her new boyfriend left her.... All of these sad events happen beyond her control. I heard that she became this way due to the role that she had in Greed of Men. Her performance was great from what I heard(I didn't see the series myself since I don't like modern series at all), but sadly it affected her in real life. I feel so bad for her that she is suffering so much in real life and her "fans" seem to have forgotten about her already...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Did you guys see her in Love in a Miracle?? I heard she did really well in that role too, but her role was really limited due to her illness.... so sad....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by HanaButa
    hey ...do u there any site that i could find Loretta Lee pics ?? and more Yammie pics ....they're my favorite actress in 90's. I couldn't find any Loretta Lee pics...which some of them r nude ....i think she very pretty and best couple with David Siu(the older brother in Greed of Man)
    What are their Chinese names (preferably in Mandarin and with the actual characters)? That would make finding their pics a lot easier.

Your current avatar looks like Loretta Lee. Is it her?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    To Farrer,
    How would you know that Yammie did not appreciate everything that she had?? It isn't her fault that she was born in a sad family. I heard she lost both of her parents in 1995 and 1996. One of her first boyfriends committed suicide in 1986 when she was filming Heir to the throne. Then later on, more recently her new boyfriend left her.... All of these sad events happen beyond her control. I heard that she became this way due to the role that she had in Greed of Men. Her performance was great from what I heard(I didn't see the series myself since I don't like modern series at all), but sadly it affected her in real life. I feel so bad for her that she is suffering so much in real life and her "fans" seem to have forgotten about her already...
    That's so sad that Yammie's role in GoM adversely affected her in real life. I hope she's able to make a full recovery.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 02-07-06 at 12:52 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

What are their Chinese names (preferably in Mandarin and with the actual characters)? That would make finding their pics a lot easier.

Your current avatar looks like Loretta Lee. Is it her?
    iono...Loretta Lee, she got so many name and i dont even know which one people r calling her.

Lee Lai-Chen / Lai-Chun Lee / Lai-Jan Lee / Loretta Lee / Rachel Lee / Loretta Leone / Lizhen Li

BUT. i type her name in ''Loletta Lee'' and I kinda find some pics of her that i haven't seen b4. which she look soo pretty !!
    and for David ...his chinese ''Siu Chung Hang''
    sorry, I'm not chinese ..so i don't know wat's the actual characters their name.

And yess. my current avatar is Loretta Lee.
    can't help it ..everytime anyone mention the ''Greed of Man''
    haha...it give me a lot memories abt Loretta and David and Yammie!!

I'm happy that both my favorite actress, Loretta Lee and Yammie are close friend in real-life ...hehe i know the new new i posted very old
    Hey! its that Moses Chan stand at the back Loretta on the second pic on the
    right ?

cerdits to :http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/jpasianceleb/
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/hana_buta/beautyshop.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/hana_buta/beautyshop2.jpg')

Thanks for the pix!! HEre are 2 pieces of recent news about Yammie. I am glad to know that she is trying to put her life back together again.

http://jaynestars.com/index.php?name...article&sid=45

http://jaynestars.com/index.php?name...article&sid=25

Special thanks to Jayne for the news. Her site is GREAT, You can all go there to read about other stars news as well.

thnkx! for the news on Yammie.

Thanks for posting the recent news, Trinie. I'm glad to hear that Yammie is doing better and that she has friends to help her. From the pics, she still looks good.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

oh, i remember yammie. so was voted as the most beautiful actress during her era. i always thought that she could have handled the role of xln very well. she is quite a beauty and i felt sorry for her when i learned what she had to suffer. here's to wishing her well and thanking her for the great work the she did in the eighties.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

You guys are welcome! I am glad that there are some people that still remember and care about Yammie. I just hope that she can recover and hopefully one day act again. She is such a great actress and is so pretty. It would be a waste for her not to come back....

I heard that she was actually supposed to be play Zhao Min in HSDS 86, but too bad they gave the role to Kitty instead... sigh... I think Yammie would have played that role really well...

Default Yammie Lam is Beautiful

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i4.tinypic.com/10cjin8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i4.tinypic.com/10cjjhz.jpg')

I love the way this girl smile so cute she has a very pretty round eyes. I guess she will not filming any series later haven't see her on screen long times I really missing her.

Is she married yet??

Quote Originally Posted by gigi06
    Is she married yet??
    Hi, don't think Yammie is married yet but there's some retired lawyer who's after her?

Anyway, i vaguely remember many years ago, Yammi acted in a period drama serial with Damian Lau... the themesong of the show is called Qing Guan 情关 by Chen Shu hua... does anyone know what's the name of that serial? It's only just that i realised the beautiful actress in that serial should be Yammie.