Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yammie Lam (藍潔瑛)

Default Yammie Lam (藍潔瑛)

I did not see any threads on her, so I'm starting one.

I've just done watching Yammie's older series The Vixen's Tale released in 1989, she looked absulutely beautiful in ancient costume, from her hair style to acting. She is one of my all time favorite TVB actress but too bad she went to ATV now and did just very little acting after her depression disease.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas
    I did not see any threads on her, so I'm starting one.

I've just done watching Yammie's older series The Vixen's Tale released in 1989, she looked absulutely beautiful in ancient costume, from her hair style to acting. She is one of my all time favorite TVB actress but too bad she went to ATV now and did just very little acting after her depression disease.

WOW , series from 89. kooll !! got any pics of her..if yes.. can u post it .thank !

I only remember watching her in TVB's 1986 Heir to the Throne is.... with Andy Lau. Don't remember much about her acting since it was way too long ago... but I recall her being very beautiful in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by PinePine
    I only remember watching her in TVB's 1986 Heir to the Throne is.... with Andy Lau. Don't remember much about her acting since it was way too long ago... but I recall her being very beautiful in that series.
    Actually I don't remember much of her acting too until recently I re-watched THe Vixen's Tale. Yes, she is very beautiful in this series even tho Sheren Tang is also in this show. Yammie pairs with Roger Kwok and it was a good match too.

It's too bad that she admitted to the mental hopital late last year after she had debt problem and lost a lot of money in stocks. She even sold her apartment. Very, very sad indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by PinePine
    Oh so that's what that series was called. I really liked her character in that series and thought Andy and her were so cute. I've only seen her in two series, the one with Andy and then "The Final Combat," but I think she's a really good actress and is very beautiful.

What happened to her recently is really sad. I do hope she recovers and continues acting.

Yes, Yammie.... Who else thinks Gao Yuan Yuan looks a bit like Yammie??

Here are some pix of her during the 80s.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jennifer-lien.com/yammie04/POSSD18N.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jennifer-lien.com/yammie01/LKY05N.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jennifer-lien.com/yammie03/COMBT09N.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jennifer-lien.com/yammie03/YAMM01N.jpg')

Her biography:

Lam Kit Ying was born on 27th April 1964 and was a big Hong Kong television star in the 80's. She starred in many TVB television serials and had a sweet, naive innocence that captured the hearts of many male fans. Lam Kit Ying was often referred by her friendly name Yammie, and was one of the nine dragon girls. She graduated from the TVB actor training class in 1984 along with fellow actress Margie Tsang Wah-Sin.

Thanks for all the info bubcas ! What is the "nine dragon girls" and who were the other actresses with that title?

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura
    Yes, Yammie.... Who else thinks Gao Yuan Yuan looks a bit like Yammie??
    That's exactly what I was thinking, especially in the middle two pics that bubcas posted.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

yeah she looks alot like gyy. i swear i saw gyy w a very similar pose and hairstyle as the 2nd pic posted
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Honestly, I have no idea who GYY is. Is she a Mainland or Taiwanese actress?

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas
    Honestly, I have no idea who GYY is. Is she a Mainland or Taiwanese actress?
    She's a mainland actress.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I am a big and long time fan of hers too. I really miss seeing her in ancient series. She is forever one of my favorites of all time. Her closest friends in the circle are Margie Tsang and Sandra Ng. The nine dragon girls were just a title that they gave to a group of TVB actresses in the 80s. I don't remember all of them, but I think some of the others were Carina Lau, Margie Tsang, Idy Chan and other stars from the 80s that I don't remember.

About Hier the throne is, Yammie played a goddess and was really sweet. She was paired with Andy. I love her in that series. You guys should all see that again if you can. It is released on VCD in Chinese and on DVD in Viet.

I thought that I was the only one that thought Yammie looked like GYY. I am glad that you guys notice as well.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

i guess the most vivid memory i had on her was in the serial "The Greed Of Man". Wow, she really did a good job there!

I just love Yammie's voice....it sounds like she has a cold or a sinus when she speaks, but in a cute sorta way of course.

In The Vixen's Tale, her voice is so mellow & soft spoken that can melt everyone's heart.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://goldcoast.sosoo.net/xing/gaoyy/8.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jennifer-lien.com/yammie01/LKY05N.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://goldcoast.sosoo.net/xing/gaoyy/11.jpg')

I couldn't find the exact Gao Yuan Yuan pic I was looking for, but these are close enough.
    Yuan Yuan, Yammie, Yuan Yuan
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Whoa, Gao Yuan Yuan does sorta resemble Yammie.

Nice pictures Lady Zhuge, I actually thought those two pix of Yuan Yuan were of Yammie's... I noticed that Yuan Yuan looks most like Yammie when she widens her eyes, especially when she looks surprised or shocked.