Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Michael Miu Kiu Wai

Quote Originally Posted by Versace View Post
    Why don't you return the drama for an exchange? That's really a waste of your money and not worthy of ignoring the supplier's error.

Is this series not that good to be part of your DVD/VCD collections?

Have you tried yesasia? If they are out of stock, you can email them a request to re-stock them.

I would not bother ordering any TVB VCD's since they are all heavily edited........................ I would rather it come on TVB channel again where it's not edited at all.

Just watched 'Dragon Sword' and I must say, Micheal Miu didn't have much chemistry with all three costars. What's surprising is that I feel no chemistry at all between him and Jamie Chik and they're suppose to be real life couple. I find it interesting that Jamie's outfit in the series is the same one that Barbara Yung wore in CLH. I wonder do Micheal even noticed that his girlfriend is wearing the outfit once worn by his all time best costar, Barbara Yung. Perhaps it brings back memory?

I also can't help noticing that Jamie's character isn't well suited for Jamie because Jamie doesn't convey the mischevous and spoil type. Instead she is more of the polite, sophiscated type that is quiet and mellow. Instead I can't help but think if Barbara Yung didn't passed away by then, Jamie's role would have been perfect for her.

There was a fan of Micheal Miu who was kind enough to translate an article a few years back when Micheal Miu reentered the entertainment industry, and the article stated that Micheal Miu acting career slowly declined after the death of Barbara Yung which is what propelled Micheal Miu to retire from acting and went into business instead. It stated that after the death of Barbara Yung, his acting wasn't as intense and there were less chemistry with him and his female costars. I guess the audience were comparing MB chemistry with othere female costars. And of course, in that case, no one could compare with Barbara Yung chemistry with Micheal Miu. Even Jamie Chik didn't have that kind of chemistry with Micheal Miu and they were real life couple. The only female costar that even come close to it is Sharon Yang Pan Pan.

I wonder if there were even remotely any romance between Barbara Yung and Micheal Miu. Some fan stated that Micheal did admit he once loved Barbara Yung-how true is that or it's just a fantasy of a MB fan-is hard to tell. Anyone read up on the this or have some info and would like to share would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran View Post
    Just watched 'Dragon Sword' and I must say, Micheal Miu didn't have much chemistry with all three costars. What's surprising is that I feel no chemistry at all between him and Jamie Chik and they're suppose to be real life couple. I find it interesting that Jamie's outfit in the series is the same one that Barbara Yung wore in CLH. I wonder do Micheal even noticed that his girlfriend is wearing the outfit once worn by his all time best costar, Barbara Yung. Perhaps it brings back memory?

I also can't help noticing that Jamie's character isn't well suited for Jamie because Jamie doesn't convey the mischevous and spoil type. Instead she is more of the polite, sophiscated type that is quiet and mellow. Instead I can't help but think if Barbara Yung didn't passed away by then, Jamie's role would have been perfect for her.

There was a fan of Micheal Miu who was kind enough to translate an article a few years back when Micheal Miu reentered the entertainment industry, and the article stated that Micheal Miu acting career slowly declined after the death of Barbara Yung which is what propelled Micheal Miu to retire from acting and went into business instead. It stated that after the death of Barbara Yung, his acting wasn't as intense and there were less chemistry with him and his female costars. I guess the audience were comparing MB chemistry with othere female costars. And of course, in that case, no one could compare with Barbara Yung chemistry with Micheal Miu. Even Jamie Chik didn't have that kind of chemistry with Micheal Miu and they were real life couple. The only female costar that even come close to it is Sharon Yang Pan Pan.

I wonder if there were even remotely any romance between Barbara Yung and Micheal Miu. Some fan stated that Micheal did admit he once loved Barbara Yung-how true is that or it's just a fantasy of a MB fan-is hard to tell. Anyone read up on the this or have some info and would like to share would be great.
    It wouldn't be surprising that Michael had troubles getting it off with everyone in Dragon Sword. Afterall, his romance with each of the three leads Jamie, Margie and Amy were short lived. I don't think Michael had too many collaborations with either Margie or Amy, but as for Jamie....maybe they felt awkward about the situation? It's kind of like bringing your life on screen. Michael loved Barbara? I don't doubt it. I think most great actors will tell you that in a series, they have to really fall in love with the other person's character before they can bring out the genuine feeling of the relationship.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by wang23 View Post
    It wouldn't be surprising that Michael had troubles getting it off with everyone in Dragon Sword. Afterall, his romance with each of the three leads Jamie, Margie and Amy were short lived. I don't think Michael had too many collaborations with either Margie or Amy, but as for Jamie....maybe they felt awkward about the situation? It's kind of like bringing your life on screen. Michael loved Barbara? I don't doubt it. I think most great actors will tell you that in a series, they have to really fall in love with the other person's character before they can bring out the genuine feeling of the relationship.
    I know that many actors and actresses fell in love with their costars' characters but I mean, I find it hard not to believe that they didn't bring the acted feeling to life after MB starred in 4 series as couples in matter of two years back to back. I guessed I am just disappointed that Micheal couldn't convey the same intensity in the series after Barbara's death-at least I don't feel it as much in his series post Barbara. I thought about collecting all his series since I had such a huge crush on him as a little kid and remember how great it would be if I was older. lol. But the lackluster he'd shown in 'Dragon Sword' is very discouraging.

I doubt they were feeling awkward. Afterall, they are artistes and should know that how ever awkward it is, it is their job to portray as real as possible. Plus, it wasn't their first collaboration. Jamie and Micheal collaborated in the Yang Saga in 1985 and I was so eager to see them together but came off disappointed because I simply detested Micheal's character and the again, the lack of chemistry between them. I couldn't believe he left his wife for another woman and have the audicity to feel ashamed for betraying the trust of the other woman instead of betraying his wife. Regardless that his initial intention was for his country or not, in the end he left his wife because he fell in love with Jamie. His character was supposed to be a brave, righteous warrior, but instead he came off as a philanderer and an arse. Yang Hong was an angel compared to the Yang's saga character. I tossed away the series because I hated the character so much. But I do have to admit he looked so hot in the warrrior costume.

Michael is definitely a multi-talented actor. He can really be great as villain or good. My favorite Michael character is Chor Lau Heung. My favorite villain Michael series is LOCH.

To read more on Michael, visit TVB Today...

He was pretty good in the Academy too.

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx View Post
    I feel ya, before the DVD versions came out I spent a ton on VCD of theLegend/Return of the Condor Heroes, Police Cadet 84/85, the quality was iffy, and it was freakin expensive and heavily edited.

The only VCD I buy nowadays are ATV stuff because they are unedited and will probably never come out on DVD, like Fok Yun Gop, Chen Jen, Young Wong Fei Hung, most of these are from the 80's, I did buy one ATV DVD but was disappointed that it was a VCD to DVD transfer..........................blah............ ...........
    Hey sfccrx, are the ATV DVD's cut?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu View Post
    Hey sfccrx, are the ATV DVD's cut?
    from what I heard yes, I couldn't get past the first chapter since it was a VCD to DVD-R transfer....................

your better off just ATV VCD IMHO LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx View Post
    from what I heard yes, I couldn't get past the first chapter since it was a VCD to DVD-R transfer....................

your better off just ATV VCD IMHO LOL

One more question oh Great Sfccrx,

For Legendary Fok, or any ATV DVD that you may own, is there chapter browsing on the DVDs. For example I noticed that Legendary Fok is 20 episodes on 10 Disc. Does each disc let you select between the two chapters/episodes on each disc or is it 90 minutes (assuming 45 minutes per epidsode) of continuous footage?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu View Post
    One more question oh Great Sfccrx,

For Legendary Fok, or any ATV DVD that you may own, is there chapter browsing on the DVDs. For example I noticed that Legendary Fok is 20 episodes on 10 Disc. Does each disc let you select between the two chapters/episodes on each disc or is it 90 minutes (assuming 45 minutes per epidsode) of continuous footage?

yes, there is chapter browsing on the DVD's and each disc does allow you to select between the two chapter.

my mom probably has most of miu's ancient series (: haha . i love miu's actin very goooood
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by botan View Post
    LOCH is a must watch especially for fans of Michael, Barbara, and Felix. It was so sad when Michael died in LOCH, I almost cried.
    i totally agreed w/ ya. Michael Mi Kiu Wai was the best in LOCH 82, he acted very excellent and memorable. He's the BEST Duong Khang ever!

Did anyone watch Miu in The Drive of Life? Miu is so funny and cute in DOL. Fans of Miu should definitely watch it though his character is sometimes immature and causes trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran View Post

The Dragon Sword wasn't a really big production or anything. Just another typical TVB series. The plot is very boring, one villain after another. Miu did have pretty chemistry with Jamie and Margie, however. I didn't think Miu and Amy suited each other. Amy's character was quite boring. Yeah, I agree that Barbara excels Jamie in portraying the mischievous and spoiled type, but Jamie still did a good job, just not as perfect as Barbara. I haven't seen too many of Jamie so I don't know what kinds of roles suits her. I also noticed immediately that the costumes Jamie wore were the same ones Barb wore in Chor Lau Heung. I knew instantly, of course, since Miu's Chor Lau Heung was the series I watched the most when I was young.

Default My Miu I love you

Its true that the great thing is Miu came back to TV B
    There are no words to say, but I LOVE YOU Mr.Miu...you are the most handsome man in the world forever to me,,,you are the true hero and even if you acted as villainous Yang kang in the return of condor heroes,,still you are my hero,you are so sexy,fantastic man,,I was still little child when you were popular in the 80's...I want to have your big picture,,anyone can share with me?...pls contact me if you have

Unhappy Miu Kiu wai is the most handsome man

I knew Miu Kiu Wai was very popular since I was a little child,,but he reaally made me crazy even I was just little girl, I caught him so handsome and wonderful man,I was the happiest woman in the world when realizing he has come back acting....In Indonesia he was not so popular and it is so difficult to find his films or movies,,,,how can I watch him????....

Unhappy Mr Miu is my inspiration

Everytime I want just to see you Miu Kiu Wai,,seeing you on Tv or internet always made me happy...
    But it is so difficult to find your films in Indonesia,,I wish someday I could meet you in HK..
    And you are my inspiration,I wrote long romantic novels and I imagine that the man in my novel is you..
    You are my inspiration,your handsome face and you're looked soa rogant made you looked more sexy

Thumbs down I don't agree with you friends...

Quote Originally Posted by tvfanatic View Post
    yea, miu was and still is a good actor. I say he was the second best looking out of the 5 tigers after tony of course. but loved him in LOCH even tho he played a villain but you gotta feel sorry for the guy when he died. had a huge crush on him as chor lau heung when i saw it at 6 years old. but recently had a chance to watch the series again and didn't like it as much. he's still an awesome actor. glad he's making a well receptive comeback. he will always be a staple in TVB as well as the other tigers.
    Friends I don't agree with you ,you said that Tony leung is the most handsome among 5 tigers,but I think it is Miu the most handsome among them...just watch out at the age of his 50's he still looked so handsome and I think he is maturer,masculin and calm,,he really has gods'face!..Tony Leung is smart and short

Quote Originally Posted by Titiet Indah View Post
    Friends I don't agree with you ,you said that Tony leung is the most handsome among 5 tigers,but I think it is Miu the most handsome among them...just watch out at the age of his 50's he still looked so handsome and I think he is maturer,masculin and calm,,he really has gods'face!..Tony Leung is smart and short
    Cheers.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8823/0523enew25b1sm0.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/315/miu45gy.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/696/miuchiktl2rs.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3401/dmiu8la.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8185/fd9miu0ky.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/a6ym/ad256027193m1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/5tf/miu.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo2.hexun.com/p/2006/0808/37388/b_F969BE3FDEC8E850.jpg')

Aparently, Jamie Chik is making a return to TVB. I saw her in one of the upcoming 2009 series presentation. Any guess to why she wants to return?