Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Michael Miu Kiu Wai

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_Jen
    I've updated the pictures as I promised..well..most of them...because few of them need to be resized...I hope all of you can see them now...

Ciao
    thanks, I can see now, thanks for taking the time, as an actor, hero or a villain, he is a very flexible actor.

I love Michael. I too agree that his business is probably not doing bad; that he returned to acting cuz he loves it. Anywho, while i may worship him, i don't like the fact that he had returned to acting. My superficial side say that he will disappoint me cuz i have great expectations. But i will watch his shows anywho, if the color looks good (lol). So, is that new series he's gonna star in a wuxia or modern series?
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Default re

mystic, what do you mean by "if the color looks good."

I know for sure that Miu is in two modern series. The first one is "Police Cadet Bravehearts (aka The Academy)" where he plays a supporting role as a police coach. The other is "Disappearance" where he has the leading role as a Detective. I also heard that he was in a atv wuxia series with a supporting role along side Adam Cheng and Tavia but I for one dont know much about it. I think there are also rumors that he is filming another wuxia series (not sure if leading role) but it's not really confirmed yet.

In a recent interview, Miu said it's good to start with modern series because they are less demanding than wuxia.

Here's a fun tvb group banner with Miu in it. He's near the end of the rope ^_^

http://forums.cinple.net/miukiuwai/index.cgi?read=23079

Default re

Bigger version of just Miu
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL582/3244325/6633752/86872237.jpg')

Chor Dai Gor
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL582/3244325/6633752/86871758.jpg')

Default re

I just finished watching Yeung Heung's death scene in LOCH and it was the saddest thing I ever saw! I cried and cried and CRIED! I'm such a wreck right now. Why must it be so sad???

Default The Condo

In The Condo, Miu got paired up with Au Yeung Pui San? Isn't she much older than him? Was Mui the leading actor in The Condo?
    Last edited by cbale456; 02-27-05 at 07:38 AM.

Default re

Which female actress do u all think Miu pairs up the best with?

I think the top candidates for me are Sharon Yeung Pan Pan and Barbara Yung.

I do know that Miu and Barbara won the best tvb couple award.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbale456
    Which female actress do u all think Miu pairs up the best with?

I think the top candidates for me are Sharon Yeung Pan Pan and Barbara Yung.

I do know that Miu and Barbara won the best tvb couple award.
    barbara yung, then jamie chik

I've only seen him in Chor Lau Heung..heh.

A pretty good actor though, all the same. Nice pics!
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

Quote Originally Posted by joaniemaloney
    I've only seen him in Chor Lau Heung..heh.

A pretty good actor though, all the same. Nice pics!
    he was pimpin in that, ha ha he's a playa..................

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE MUI KUI WAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

i think i've seen most of his wuxia series. . .chor lau heung, condor heros, the foundation (i love the way he walks away at the end. . .makes u get the saddest feeling of how lonely he is), . . . . .there's more, there's more. . .i can't remember the titles!! makes me miss the eighties. . .though i was quite young.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

I've only ever seen Miu (Miao?) as Yang Kang in Condor Heroes...but wow, what a performance! He's the best bad guy I've ever seen; so dashing but terrible at the same time. If people say this is his most moving performance, I have to say I can understand why. I was really young when I was watching Condor Heroes at the time, but I still almost cried at what happened to Yang Kang. The fact that he's capable of being so cruel, yet still remains human with love and longings, makes him my fav character other than Rong Er in Condor Heroes, and my fav "villain" of all time

I'll have to check out some of his other series; I'd love to see more of him.
    Last edited by XiaoYu; 03-13-05 at 12:16 AM.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx
    he was pimpin in that, ha ha he's a playa..................
    not in the miu kiu wai chor leu heung version, he treated them like his little sisters

i saw this old version, i think it was the adam cheng one, they were putting on lotion, showing alot of skin with him, i thought those girls were from the brothel..

Default re

Quote Originally Posted by shanghai girls are hot
    not in the miu kiu wai chor leu heung version, he treated them like his little sisters

i saw this old version, i think it was the adam cheng one, they were putting on lotion, showing alot of skin with him, i thought those girls were from the brothel..
    Yea from what I heard, in all the other CLH series that I know of, CLH loves multiple women, but in Miu's CLH he only loves one girl. I think I like that more.

And oh yea here's a pic of Miu filming "Disappearnce" with Melissa Ng. My gosh he's looking fine, esp. for his age. Love his haircut.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/20050308/img/se06030807_big.jpg')

In case the pic doesn't show, here's the link: http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/2...030807_big.jpg

Default re

Quote Originally Posted by XiaoYu
    I've only ever seen Miu (Miao?) as Yang Kang in Condor Heroes...but wow, what a performance! He's the best bad guy I've ever seen; so dashing but terrible at the same time. If people say this is his most moving performance, I have to say I can understand why. I was really young when I was watching Condor Heroes at the time, but I still almost cried at what happened to Yang Kang. The fact that he's capable of being so cruel, yet still remains human with love and longings, makes him my fav character other than Rong Er in Condor Heroes, and my fav "villain" of all time

I'll have to check out some of his other series; I'd love to see more of him.
    Wow, I agree with everything you wrote. Gwok Jing may be the main male character, but I was captivated by Yang Kang the whole time for the many reasons you listed. I hope nobody gets offended as this is my opinion, but I found and heard that many YHs from other adaptions had nowhere the effect on the audience that Miu's YH had. I saw the Gallen Lo YH and aside from the fact that he doesn't have the looks and charms, he was just too mean and too serious throughout and I had no sympathy whatsoever for him. But YH by Miu also had a playful and loving side as he joked around with his mother and flirted with Mok Nim Chi. He was good-looking and charming and though he was a villain and did many terrible things, I often could not get myself to hate him. Miu just did an exceptional job as YH as he was able to really make him believable and draw out the many complexities of YH as a real person.

Wow, I agree with everything you wrote. Gwok Jing may be the main male character, but I was captivated by Yang Kang the whole time for the many reasons you listed. I hope nobody gets offended as this is my opinion, but I found and heard that many YHs from other adaptions had nowhere the effect on the audience that Miu's YH had. I saw the Gallen Lo YH and aside from the fact that he doesn't have the looks and charms, he was just too mean and too serious throughout and I had no sympathy whatsoever for him. But YH by Miu also had a playful and loving side as he joked around with his mother and flirted with Mok Nim Chi. He was good-looking and charming and though he was a villain and did many terrible things, I often could not get myself to hate him. Miu just did an exceptional job as YH as he was able to really make him believable and draw out the many complexities of YH as a real person.
    how you think he hooked with Mok Nim Chi, he's a charm machine and he really loved her.

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx
    how you think he hooked with Mok Nim Chi, he's a charm machine and he really loved her.
    Charm machine...haha! That's funny. You are right though.

mystic, what do you mean by "if the color looks good."

I know for sure that Miu is in two modern series. The first one is "Police Cadet Bravehearts (aka The Academy)" where he plays a supporting role as a police coach. The other is "Disappearance" where he has the leading role as a Detective. I also heard that he was in a atv wuxia series with a supporting role along side Adam Cheng and Tavia but I for one dont know much about it. I think there are also rumors that he is filming another wuxia series (not sure if leading role) but it's not really confirmed yet.

In a recent interview, Miu said it's good to start with modern series because they are less demanding than wuxia.

Here's a fun tvb group banner with Miu in it. He's near the end of the rope ^_^

http://forums.cinple.net/miukiuwai/index.cgi?read=23079
    opps, sorry, instead of "color" i meant "cover"
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

I watched this series the first time many years ago. So, recently, i re-rented it. I guess I had became more shallow or something, but after miu kiu's character yang kang died, i stopped watching. couldn't bear watching anymore w/out my beloved. lol. loved when he died though. i cried soooo much. it was sooo sweet that mok nim chi came and sang for him. it was soooo sweet.