Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Michael Miu Kiu Wai

Wow, Long, you are very knowledgeable. About Barbara, that's soooo sad; I almost cried reading it.

Oh, so who won the weight-lifting thing? Miu or Felix?
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by Long
    It's bad to talk about people who are dead. But I read somewhere that the trouble between Barbara Yung, Miu Kiu Wai, and Kent Tong all began in the filming of "The Foundation" starring Felix, Barabara, Miu, and of course Kent...

Rumours had it that Barabra and Miu went on dates during the shooting of "Legend of the Condor Heroes", regardless of how friendly they might be, a man, any man, is going to get jealous never the less. Who wouldn't get jealous knowing that your girl is spending time with a handsome guy like Miu and what's worse, he's not gay!!

During the shooting of "The Foundation", it was noted that Kent Tong got increasingly jealous... and was said to have had a dummy spat at both Miu and Felix. That was shortly after a segment Miu and Felix did for K-100 to promote the show, which they decided not to include Kent... Apparently it was the to do with pushing weights and seeing who's the strongest out of Miu and Felix... Because Miu always flirted with Barabra on the set by flexing his muscles, so Kent wanted to beat Miu and embarress him in front of a TV audience. So Miu and Felix suggested that they not include Kent in that segment...

Anyway matters got worse when TVB decided to pair Miu with Barbara together in other shows after "The Foundation". Kent thus was said to have cheated on another girl (who was just a lowly supporting actress) to make Barbara jealous. But eventually Kent did fall for another woman. So Barabara wanted to do something to make Kent jealous and show the world how much Kent had hurrt her... Thus leading to her death... But it was said, that Barabara only did this as an 'act' and had never intended to die as a result... So it was sad... Thus Kent's acting career basically went down hill from there...
    Long, thanks for such thorough info. Where did u hear this from? As much as I like Miu and Barb, I hope these rumours were not true as at that time Barb was with Kent and Miu was with Jamie Chik.

Quote Originally Posted by cbale456
    Long, thanks for such thorough info. Where did u hear this from? As much as I like Miu and Barb, I hope these rumours were not true as at that time Barb was with Kent and Miu was with Jamie Chik.
    It was an old article from HK Pop or Idol magazine, it was published 3 years after Barbara's death - Can't remember which issue. The article feature some comments about Miu's flirty behaviour on the set from co-actors such as Austin Wai (who played Man Ching Ping in "Foundation") and the guy who plays Au Yeung Hak in Legend 83, who worked with both Miu and Barabara throughout both series... But you never know, there comments may have been taken out of context...

I remember the rumours that Felix had cheated on his wife with Ada Choi during the shooting of "Justice Pao"! SO you never know what to believe..

PS - Miu kicked Felix's butt in the weight lifting. But Felix proved he was most flexible and beat Miu in all the 'bendy' and 'strecting' activities.
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Long
    It was an old article from HK Pop or Idol magazine, it was published 3 years after Barbara's death - Can't remember which issue. The article feature some comments about Miu's flirty behaviour on the set from co-actors such as Austin Wai (who played Man Ching Ping in "Foundation") and the guy who plays Au Yeung Hak in Legend 83, who worked with both Miu and Barabara throughout both series... But you never know, there comments may have been taken out of context...

I remember the rumours that Felix had cheated on his wife with Ada Choi during the shooting of "Justice Pao"! SO you never know what to believe..

PS - Miu kicked Felix's butt in the weight lifting. But Felix proved he was most flexible and beat Miu in all the 'bendy' and 'strecting' activities.

Thanks for the info! Felix with Ada? Hm...I suppose rumors will always be just rumors. haha.

About Miu kicking Felix's butt, not surprised at all. Miu was one of if not the most fit back then in the 80s. Very tall too! But also not suprised that Felix was the more flexible one. What a funny segment that probably was.

awe. . .i want to see miu beat felix too.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

No it was a very 'funny' and humours segment. It started with images of Miu and Felix in the series "THe Foundation". It has the pictures and images form the scene where the two are required lift weights to get into "Ho Tin Moon". Whislt Miu does it easy, Felix is wobbling all over the place in that scene.

It then cuts to the K-100 reporter standing with both Miu and Felix (both dressed up in wuxia costume). The K-100 posing the question of whether that scene dipicts the truth of the two's strength. Gives and opportunity for Miu and Felix to play up. Very funny. Miu flexes his muscles and laughs - whilst Felix pokes fun at Miu. The K-100 reporter asks more questions before finally getting Miu and Felix to engage in a strength contest. The two nodds, and shake hands. Felix tells Miu to go easy on him.

Cuts to Felix and Miu being timed to do push ups in 60 seconds. Miu doubles Felix's totaly, and Felix winches slightly at the end of it.

Cuts to Miu and Felix being time to do sit ups in 60 seconds. Miu beats Felix again. The weight repititions ect.... Miu beats Felix 8-0 in strength excercises... End of segment.

Next segment (a couple of weeks later), K-100 has more fun with Felix and Miu. Felix turns slightly red after being asked about his defeat. Then on to stretching excercises. Miu complains after the first one. He can't even bend down to touch his toes, and complains of a sore back - from the previous days shooting. Felix jokes with Miu. That day Miu is beaten 6-2.
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

awe. . .that's sounds so fun. i want to see it more. . .did u watch it on tv or on the internet somewhere?
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

isit me or does his name come from the chocolate Milky Way?

Cause the chinese is exactly the same as it!

Anyway, hes a good actor, he was really good in LOCH.
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by linghuchong
    isit me or does his name come from the chocolate Milky Way?

Cause the chinese is exactly the same as it!

Anyway, hes a good actor, he was really good in LOCH.
    lol. wow, never realized that before. i like milky way. its good chocolate!!

Default re

Actually, Miu's nickname is Milky Way! I think that is so cute.

Long, thanks for the details about the contest between Miu n Felix. I wish I could see a video of it. It sounds so funny!

I've just started watching "The Academy" and Miu Kiu Wai still looks good for his age. I hope he makes another ancient costume series. I know this has been said before- but his portrayal of Yeung Hong was simply the best.

Does anybody have Michael Miu's most recent close up pictures? I haven't seen his acting since LOCH and wonder what he looks like now.

Quote Originally Posted by marla
    Does anybody have Michael Miu's most recent close up pictures? I haven't seen his acting since LOCH and wonder what he looks like now.
    i know it's pretty late now but here u go $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.indosiar.com/v2/da/images/a_0307_MiuKiuWai.jpg')

who is that woman w/ the spiky hair? is that his wife?
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    who is that woman w/ the spiky hair? is that his wife?
    that's his wife, Jamie Chik.

Wow, she looks different, but Milky Way hardly changed.

Quote Originally Posted by cbale456
    Thanks for the info! Felix with Ada? Hm...I suppose rumors will always be just rumors. haha.

About Miu kicking Felix's butt, not surprised at all. Miu was one of if not the most fit back then in the 80s. Very tall too! But also not suprised that Felix was the more flexible one. What a funny segment that probably was.
    Hey! I still have the article about an interview with Ada Choi, she said that there weren't anything happened between her and Felix. She said that she laughed sooo hard after reading this article about her and Felix together. To her, Felix is just a brother to look up to...
    Last edited by thythy; 08-20-05 at 10:12 PM.

I just finished rewatch LOCH today (after about 10 ten years) and oh my gosh I cried a lot when Yeung Hong died. Before, I watched it in Vietnamese, but this time I was able to watch it in Cantonese and it sure much better. I think I enjoyed it much more. Eventhough I also like Felix a lot, but I have to say that I don't quite like Kwok Jing that much. I actually like Yeung Hong and Wong Yung the most in here. Too bad that they are not a couple in here, otherwise they would have been invincible with both of their intelligence and wits combine. It's just kind of funny that while Yeung Hong was intelligent but his wife, Muk Nim Chi, was not (pretty much like Kwok Jing). On the other hand, while Wong Yung was intelligence, Kwok Jing was not. I'm wondering if Jing Yong intentionally created couples like that to creat counter balances.

Anyway, the 80's series are always the best.

My parents liked him from his older movie which I have never seen before, but I loved him from the Academy. Does anyone have pics of him in that movie? Thanks!